I guess we are over Tanner Lee

Huskerfan55

I think tanner will be fine, people need to relax about him. He didn't have the best game, but he was put in a bad situation by our defense in the first half. Down 42-14 means he had to drop back a lot, Oregon has an aggressive defense (sigh I wish we did) and cbs that look for the ball and cover receivers (again, sigh). Tanner has a live arm and is respected by his team, give him some time, this is only his second game and it's not like he has looked hopeless

• Plus1 1

2 minutes ago, The Dude said:

I'm not going to say you're wrong here, you're right.  He also put the defense in bad situations with all those picks.

At least one was on the receiver (right through Morgan's hands bounced to d), one was on the last drive, which was totally a bad throw by him (game decided at that point). I don't really remember the other two to be honest, I went fuzzy and started multitasking to avoid having a stroke 

• Plus1 1
Just now, HuskerJax said:

At least one was on the receiver (right through Morgan's hands bounced to d), one was on the last drive, which was totally a bad throw by him (game decided at that point). I don't really remember the other two to be honest, I went fuzzy and started multitasking to avoid having a stroke 

Yeah the first one went off Morgan's face.... the other 3 are totally on Lee.  

1 minute ago, suh_fan93 said:

Man 84Husker.  You always be keeping us on our toes.  Is this a new style?  Love it!  :thumbs

1 minute ago, suh_fan93 said:

Man 84Husker.  You always be keeping us on our toes.  Is this a new style?  Love it!  :thumbs

I do enjoy keeping people thinking and like to throw a lot of change ups and outside the box stuff.  Don't count on the bold type as that is not me - it is the crappy site and it's constant mispells and mis corrects and jumping cursor, etc.  It is hard to post a couple sentences without having to go back and correct the system's mistakes.  Sometimes I just don't have the time to do so and I am sorry about those but it is frustrating to have this happen.  

Kind of like the frustrations we all feel so accutely with Husker football after 20 years of more of the same.  

Unlike past seasons, we have a bench of QBs where there passing skill level is very close from what we have been told. The main differentiator for Lee was supposed to be decision making and his college experience. To me I have not seen great decision making from him, and if POB or Gebbia have the skills and arm to fit the offensive scheme, they should get an opportunity to show how they perform under pressure, as Lee failed big time to perform on the big stage. 

Tanner will be fine. Now what fine is I exactly don't know. I find it hard to believe he will miss the throws he did today each game. This has to be one of the biggest if not the biggest game he has played in a couple years. Hell he sat all last year out. Now yes I agree he needs to learn to go through his progressions and not lock in but when the nerve of not playing an actual games hit, it's not as easy to do. It will come in time. Problem is not sure if the fans will give him that. Also again playcalling isn't setting him up for success either. In my opinion.  Settle him down on screens roll him on some bootlegs where little dump offs are there. Stop having high snaps (only happened a couple times but killed the timing)

11 minutes ago, MyBloodIsRed16 said:

Yeah the first one went off Morgan's face.... the other 3 are totally on Lee.  

I thought the last one was on the O-line. His arm did get hit as he was throwing it. 

What i did notice was Oregon's db's were always right on our receivers. Except the blown coverage td . That tells me, he had to be looking at his receivers  the whole way.

GBR!!!

• Plus1 1

Two of the picks last night you unequivocally can't blame on Lee. He made a tremendous throw to Morgan on our first offensive play that Stanley hosed him on. If he catches it's a first down and a good start to the game. Instead it clangs off his facemask and right to an OU defender.

The one that ended the game was due to a pathetic pass block from the TE that let the defender hit his arm. It must feel just disgusting to have a chance at a comeback drive and to get one throw that goes THAT way. I have to wonder how angry he was after that went down like it did.

The other two were pretty bad, IIRC. I remember a defender undercutting a route over the middle for a 3rd pick and I'm blanking on the 4th.

Overall, he's still pretty up and down. There were times he made great throws. Liked that they opened it up and took some shots, even though the one to Lindsey wasn't complete. There were other times he had people open (like on the pick) where he took too long or didn't put the required zip on the ball and let a defender undercut the route. I remember another on a sideline out to Morgan near the endzone very clearly.

The offense is still growing. The receivers are going to need to step up and start catching the easy ones, as well as the difficult ones where Lee makes a good throw. You can't hang your QB out to dry when he does his job. The biggest issue for me right now is the pass-pro from the OL, the TEs & the RBs. One thing I think we can safely say is Lee is not as mobile as we'd like - so they're going to have to man up to keep him clean this year for this offense to work. They didn't do a good job yesterday, IMO.