Joel Klatt's Top 5 Coaching Candidates for all CFB

19 minutes ago, Hayseed said:

Really? You think most Husker fans would think one season of that was a great hire?

whoever we get, and I think the only one they should be trying to get is SF, then unlike Riley taking over a team with a winning record, most reasonable fans should cut him some slack- next years schedule doesn't look good for whoever we get. but progress needs to be defined season by season- it was clear to me from the day they hired Riley, failure was only a matter of time- easy to predict and many did and were run out on a rail by the emotional rose-colored glasses crowd

11 minutes ago, Whistlepig said:

SF has made it very clear that "IF" he came back to Nebraska, money wouldn't be the first or second reason for coming or preventing him from wanting to come back.

That of course doesn't mean he will be under-paid, just that if Florida or Tennessee thought they could out bid Nebraska to get SF and SF decided he wanted to come back (assuming we did the right things for that to happen) money will not be  a factor in that decision.

Not really disputing you because I have heard Frost say that.  However, anyone who says, "Money isn't a factor" isn't, in my opinion, being entirely truthful.  Money may be the 3rd, 4th, or 5th consideration sure, but it is always a factor. 

• Plus1 1
1 minute ago, Making Chimichangas said:

Not really disputing you because I have heard Frost say that.  However, anyone who says, "Money isn't a factor" isn't, in my opinion, being entirely truthful.  Money may be the 3rd, 4th, or 5th consideration sure, but it is always a factor. 

yeah- you're correct I guess the phrase should be "money will not be the only or main factor"

27 minutes ago, Whistlepig said:

whoever we get, and I think the only one they should be trying to get is SF, then unlike Riley taking over a team with a winning record, most reasonable fans should cut him some slack- next years schedule doesn't look good for whoever we get. but progress needs to be defined season by season- it was clear to me from the day they hired Riley, failure was only a matter of time- easy to predict and many did and were run out on a rail by the emotional rose-colored glasses crowd

I was referring to if  Campbell went 7-5 this year at Iowa State. I don't think fans would think he's so great at that point.

Iowa State at 7-5 is the equivalent of a Nebraska, Tennessee, or Florida going 10-2. I do think that Campbell needs more time at ISU to show improvement though before someone comes and takes him away. 

But no problems with getting any of the five on that list...though there's one in particular that I'd like to see in Nebraska...

• Plus1 1

7 minutes ago, VectorVictor said:

Iowa State at 7-5 is the equivalent of a Nebraska, Tennessee, or Florida going 10-2. I do think that Campbell needs more time at ISU to show improvement though before someone comes and takes him away. 

But no problems with getting any of the five on that list...though there's one in particular that I'd like to see in Nebraska...

Truth

ISU's schedule has been f'ing brutal. Also, I think Ferentz deserves some credit. Iowa has also played a pretty brutal schedule. Our schedule was actually pretty brutal as well(or will be after we play Penn State)...but we've s#!t the bed versus very mediocre teams...

• Plus1 1

Name drop doesn't mean a whole lot to me. Callahan and Riley could name drop, and did, with the best of them. They tried to say, "Look, I know what I am doing because I coached under (FILL IN THE BLANK). That said, I would definitely like to see FROST. Give him a contract that would be impossible for Nebraska to buy their way out of four five years. That way, we have to stick with Frost and give him a chance. I am ready for a big time commitment and FROST is going to be the guy I want.

5 hours ago, Nebhawk said:

I would consider Ken N from Navy as a good solid candidate.  Campbell, maybe.  Hell no to Schiano.  

On Ken N. : He has performed average/above average at Navy with no real signature wins.  Stop trying to go back to the well, it's dry.  Oh wait, didn't you mention his Hawaii recruiting connections???  Lol, get over it he is not a candidate for us and the future of this program...period.  Also...he is LDS, no thank you!

Edited by HIHusker

1 hour ago, PaulCrewe said:

Think Chad Morris of SMU should be on that list.  Think he may end up being very good coach.  Don’t see him leaving the south though and that address may move to College Station very soon

I would take Chad Morris in a heartbeat also. His guys don’t quit on him, and gets a lot of talent at SMU. They probably could have been 2-0 against TCU and UCF if you watched the games

5 hours ago, Whistlepig said:

SF has made it very clear that "IF" he came back to Nebraska, money wouldn't be the first or second reason for coming or preventing him from wanting to come back.

That of course doesn't mean he will be under-paid, just that if Florida or Tennessee thought they could out bid Nebraska to get SF and SF decided he wanted to come back (assuming we did the right things for that to happen) money will not be  a factor in that decision.

Will it be for free grandparent babysitting? I think it’s nice rhetoric to say you’re above the money. I also think it’s not true

Just now, krc1995 said:

Will it be for free grandparent babysitting? I think it’s nice rhetoric to say you’re above the money. I also think it’s not true

If your beliefs are correct he'll be going to Florida, and he's not a man of integrity-

family is a big part of why he'd come here over Florida or Tennessee - BTW if he comes back here and makes about 3 million would that be a fair salary to say it wasn't all about money?

because Florida and Tennessee will be offering over 4 million

52 minutes ago, Whistlepig said:

If your beliefs are correct he'll be going to Florida, and he's not a man of integrity-

family is a big part of why he'd come here over Florida or Tennessee - BTW if he comes back here and makes about 3 million would that be a fair salary to say it wasn't all about money?

because Florida and Tennessee will be offering over 4 million

He’s going to get 5 from us. Prove me that money doesn’t have a lil to do with it.