5-7 Bowl Eligbility

Herbie95

It'll be interesting to see how the Huskers play on Friday. To keep the smallest of chances alive that they make a bowl game obviously they have to win. Couple that with this possibly being Riley's last game and the seniors, if they don't play inspired football on Friday it simply was never there. I doubt we make a bowl game this year. Fans probably wouldn't travel very well. 

1 hour ago, BIGREDIOWAN said:

It'll be interesting to see how the Huskers play on Friday. To keep the smallest of chances alive that they make a bowl game obviously they have to win. Couple that with this possibly being Riley's last game and the seniors, if they don't play inspired football on Friday it simply was never there. I doubt we make a bowl game this year. Fans probably wouldn't travel very well. 

No, it's actually impossible barring several teams opting not to go to a bowl.  See what I said above.  

• Plus1 1

Am I the only one who does not want this version of the Huskers to play in a bowl game? Normally an extra game has benefits like additional practice time, game experience, etc. I don't see where those things would do the program any good at this point. The quicker this current staff quits influencing these players the better IMO. It's time for a hard reset when the new coach comes in. Until then, I just hope for as little damage as possible.

• Plus1 3
4 minutes ago, Comfortably Numb said:

Am I the only one who does not want this version of the Huskers to play in a bowl game? Normally an extra game has benefits like additional practice time, game experience, etc. I don't see where those things would do the program any good at this point. The quicker this current staff quits influencing these players the better IMO. It's time for a hard reset when the new coach comes in. Until then, I just hope for as little damage as possible.

You aren't the only one. Just end this nightmare of a season and focus on getting a new coach. 

• Plus1 3