Jump to content
Mavric

Greg Austin Makes ESPN's Top 40 Under 40

Recommended Posts

Just goes to show you, Scott, is not only hiring people he trusts but he is hiring truly the best for his system. I think he is the definition of an O-line coach in my opinion and I think he will do wonders compared to Cav.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, HuskermanMike said:

Just goes to show you, Scott, is not only hiring people he trusts but he is hiring truly the best for his system. I think he is the definition of an O-line coach in my opinion and I think he will do wonders compared to Cav.

 

I agree with you.  But to the bolded part: That's an incredibly low standard.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Making Chimichangas said:

 

I agree with you.  But to the bolded part: That's an incredibly low standard.

I mean doing wonders compared to Cav would be like having an O-line at or better than Wisconsin. Give me that O-line any day of the week. He knows this system and will get these guys ready to go. This system is set up to create space and get people open, but it also starts up front with the big boys creating that lane for a running back. Physicality is important and I think we will finally see a mean streak with our line and we will be in better shape to pass block for longer periods of time. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, HuskermanMike said:

I mean doing wonders compared to Cav would be like having an O-line at or better than Wisconsin. Give me that O-line any day of the week. He knows this system and will get these guys ready to go. This system is set up to create space and get people open, but it also starts up front with the big boys creating that lane for a running back. Physicality is important and I think we will finally see a mean streak with our line and we will be in better shape to pass block for longer periods of time. 

 

I still agree with you.

 

In fairness to Cavanaugh, there were rumors that Mike Riley was preventing him from disciplining players that were lazy.  I guess the real litmus test here is to watch Syracuse and see how their OL does.  If we see the same issues there that were at Nebraska, we'll know it was Cavanaugh's fault.  If the Syracuse OL is good, we'll know Mike Riley was the problem.

 

Or...3rd option...I should say F it, and not care at all what any coach from the previous staff does.  Yeah, I think I'll take Option C.  ;)

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Making Chimichangas said:

 

I still agree with you.

 

In fairness to Cavanaugh, there were rumors that Mike Riley was preventing him from disciplining players that were lazy.  I guess the real litmus test here is to watch Syracuse and see how their OL does.  If we see the same issues there that were at Nebraska, we'll know it was Cavanaugh's fault.  If the Syracuse OL is good, we'll know Mike Riley was the problem.

 

Or...3rd option...I should say F it, and not care at all what any coach from the previous staff does.  Yeah, I think I'll take Option C.  ;)

 

 

 

I thought it was the strength coaches who couldn't discipline anyone. And I think it was a Cavanaugh/Riley decision to not rotate which is silly especially if your players aren't as in shape as the other team's.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Usually that stuff is staff wide...Most staffs I have been on the philosophy is pretty much shared throughout the entire staff especially if they have been together for a long ass time.  I am guess that "slacking" (or, being nice) was the norm for the staff.

 

I have been on staffs where ideas on conditioning and discipline were not shared and it sucked.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, melscott62 said:

I doubt cav would have stayed with Riley as long as he did if there was such a disagreement.

Maybe they were all just upset that Eichorst was telling everyone Diaco was the best coach on campus and thats why they didnt care. JK that was just a horrible staff from top to bottom. 

 

Anyone know what old Eichorst is doing now?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Huskers93-97 said:

Maybe they were all just upset that Eichorst was telling everyone Diaco was the best coach on campus and thats why they didnt care. JK that was just a horrible staff from top to bottom. 

 

Anyone know what old Eichorst is doing now?

 

Eichorst, whom Nebraska fired last September after the football team's slow start, will join Texas as executive senior associate athletics director for internal affairs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You'll probably see Barett Ruud on the list in a year or so as well.  It's going to be neat to see how the Scott Frost coaching tree branches out and grows in the coming years.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×