Angel Reese vs Caitlin Clark

42 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

I would have but a) I was busy and b) tired of Clark’s attitude. 

And some people can’t handle it when she gets it back. 

Thank you for posting this.

clark is a baller, but I saw several instances in the last couple games where her class could be questioned.

I don’t know much about her.  Maybe she’s like Suh when it comes to game time.  Her interviews seem good but I don’t care for her on court demeanor.

I really wish race wasn’t brought into this, but it’s done at every opportunity.  For the record, she’s fair game for the LSU player IMO.

• TBH 1

I'd agree that Clark has become a bit too big for her britches. She has done some things the past few games that I would rather not see as far as taunting. That said, overall the Iowa team and coaches have been classy throughout.

There used to be a winning team back in the 80's and 90's that would actually applaud the opposing team after they got slaughtered on the field. I always though that was pretty classless. It is odd that since they have been losers for the past 20 years they gave it up! Not only do they not applaud, BUT, much of the stadium has been empty at the end of most games. Disrespect will always catch up with you!

3 minutes ago, CyHawk said:

I'd agree that Clark has become a bit too big for her britches. She has done some things the past few games that I would rather not see as far as taunting. That said, overall the Iowa team and coaches have been classy throughout.

There used to be a winning team back in the 80's and 90's that would actually applaud the opposing team after they got slaughtered on the field. I always though that was pretty classless. It is odd that since they have been losers for the past 20 years they gave it up! Not only do they not applaud, BUT, much of the stadium has been empty at the end of most games. Disrespect will always catch up with you!

Is it Clark that is getting too big for her britches, or is it Iowa football fans?  ;)

• Haha 2
  • Oh Yeah! 1
2 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

I would have but a) I was busy and b) tired of Clark’s attitude. 

And some people can’t handle it when she gets it back. 

I can't tell from that video.  Was she going right at an opponent?

Not a big fan either way but there is definitely a difference between showing off a bit and directly taunting an opponent.

• Haha 1
8 hours ago, Mavric said:

I can't tell from that video.  Was she going right at an opponent?

Not a big fan either way but there is definitely a difference between showing off a bit and directly taunting an opponent.

From what I gather (I didn’t watch) she did it towards LSU players. Then, Reese did it back when they won. 

People didn’t start saying it was classless till Reese did it. 

Clark has been doing stuff like that all season. 

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
  • Fire 1

1 hour ago, BigRedBuster said:

From what I gather (I didn’t watch) she did it towards LSU players. Then, Reese did it back when they won. 

People didn’t start saying it was classless till Reese did it. 

Clark has been doing stuff like that all season. 

The video of Clark is from the semifinal game.

• Thanks 1
10 minutes ago, Mavric said:

The video of Clark is from the semifinal game.

OK, so Clark did it to the other team when they were winning.  Reese obviously saw that and did it back to her when LSU was winning.

If you're not going to criticize Clark, don't be criticizing Reese for doing the exact same thing.

• TBH 5
Just now, BigRedBuster said:

OK, so Clark did it to the other team when they were winning.  Reese obviously saw that and did it back to her when LSU was winning.

If you're not going to criticize Clark, don't be criticizing Reese for doing the exact same thing.

I didn't say I wasn't criticizing Clark.  I'm asking a question to find out more about what actually happened.

As I said above, I'm not a big fan of either.  But there's definitely a difference between doing it as your own celebration and doing it as a direct taunt to an opponent.

2 minutes ago, Mavric said:

I didn't say I wasn't criticizing Clark.  I'm asking a question to find out more about what actually happened.

As I said above, I'm not a big fan of either.  But there's definitely a difference between doing it as your own celebration and doing it as a direct taunt to an opponent.

And, I'm not talking about you.  There are lots of people on line criticizing Reese....but never criticized Clark.

7 minutes ago, Mavric said:

Clark is a talker.  She appears to complain to refs a lot too.

This is another media sensationalizing of an issue.  Rose this morning said on KFAB that the LSU gal said “If you’re calling me out you’re a racist”.  That’s not even close to what she said.  She was asked about it and she said it’s an issue because we I don’t fit the narrative.

Clark got the spotlight because she’s a phenomenal basketball player.  She’s a white chick from Iowa.  She is playing against 6’7” players.  She is an underdog.  People want to cheer for underdogs.  People paid attention because of her.

But she runs her mouth and complains to refs.  It’s pretty obvious from my standpoint.  Be prepared to take it if you’re going to engage in it.

I actually think she can handle it.  It’s about the media generating another fake racial issue.

• Plus1 1
  • TBH 2

39 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

And, I'm not talking about you.  There are lots of people on line criticizing Reese....but never criticized Clark.

But I don't think I'd have a big problem with it if Clark wasn't doing in someone's face.

Otherwise you have to be pretty critical of LeBron's Silencer, Steph's Put em to Sleep.  Even Keisei dances around a lot on occasion.  There are ton's of celebrations that most people don't have an issue with because the players are just out there having fun.  The issue in this case was the direct taunting of the opponent.

• TBH 1
21 minutes ago, Mavric said:

But I don't think I'd have a big problem with it if Clark wasn't doing in someone's face.

Otherwise you have to be pretty critical of LeBron's Silencer, Steph's Put em to Sleep.  Even Keisei dances around a lot on occasion.  There are ton's of celebrations that most people don't have an issue with because the players are just out there having fun.  The issue in this case was the direct taunting of the opponent.

I don't necessarily have a problem with Clark or Reese.  If Clark is going to trash talk as much as she does, then she's going to get it back.

• Thanks 1

This is all crazy...

How many "taunting" situations are there every weekend in football games or men's sports in general.

They never get attention like this.

They are fierce competitors playing on the biggest stage of the year.  I  wouldn't be excited to see my kid do it, but the fact that people and media are making this a topic of discussion for the day is annoying.

I think all the media outlets are just setting the story up later for this week that all the talk (that they started) is sexist because it doesn't happen in men's sports.

• Plus1 1
37 minutes ago, funhusker said:

This is all crazy...

How many "taunting" situations are there every weekend in football games or men's sports in general.

They never get attention like this.

They are fierce competitors playing on the biggest stage of the year.  I  wouldn't be excited to see my kid do it, but the fact that people and media are making this a topic of discussion for the day is annoying.

I think all the media outlets are just setting the story up later for this week that all the talk (that they started) is sexist because it doesn't happen in men's sports.

Except it's not 'just' the media.  If you're on Twitter you will also see plenty of Iowa folks that's for sure and others running with narrative of how classless Reese is.  Clark asked for it and got what she asked for imo and the fans need to get a clue and get over it.   The women are smack talking also.  Not just the men.

• Plus1 5

I think the only potential "issue" is that Reese appeared to taunt for quite a bit longer, especially with the pointing to her ring finger. I didn't see Clark object to it, she certainly needs to understand that you have to be willing to take it if you're giving it. Taunting is just a part of sports now, I see it at the high school level quite a bit at my son's games. I wish it wasn't a part of the game, but basketball seems to be seeing more and more of it.

Oh, and Steph's sleeping thing annoys the crap out of me, just saying. 

• Fire 1
  • TBH 1