** 2023 Opponent Preview : Wisconsin (Game 11) **

I don't know why there's so much pessimism about this game. It's difficult to find any positives about Wisconsin this year. They don't run the ball well. They don't throw the ball well. Their defense is bad. Northwestern's completely listless offense just blew them out in their own stadium (that game was not even as competitive as a 24-10 final indicates). The only nice thing I can say about this year's Wisconsin team is that Vakos looks like a guy who will be kicking on Sundays in the future. I think Nebraska will take this one with a final around 16-9, even if you bake in us losing the turnover battle. 

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, brontosaurus said:

I don't know why there's so much pessimism about this game. It's difficult to find any positives about Wisconsin this year. They don't run the ball well. They don't throw the ball well. Their defense is bad. Northwestern's completely listless offense just blew them out in their own stadium (that game was not even as competitive as a 24-10 final indicates). The only nice thing I can say about this year's Wisconsin team is that Vakos looks like a guy who will be kicking on Sundays in the future. I think Nebraska will take this one with a final around 16-9, even if you bake in us losing the turnover battle. 

Everything you said is true.  However, we have an offense that loves to just hand the ball to the other team.  That is the difference in almost every loss we had this year and it very well could be the cause of the loss this weekend.

• Plus1 5
  • TBH 1
2 hours ago, brontosaurus said:

It isn't pessimism because Wisconsin is a strong team.  I don't think it matters much who we are playing right now.  If we take care of the ball, we probably beat Wisconsin or Iowa just like we would have beaten Minnesota, Michigan State, and Maryland.  I still think we get to 6 wins but I have no idea if that is against Wisconsin or Iowa.  Our entire QB room has the yips.  If one of them can get over them by Saturday, we win.  If not, we will have to wait until next Friday for Iowa.   

• TBH 1
2 hours ago, Hilltop said:

It isn't pessimism because Wisconsin is a strong team.  I don't think it matters much who we are playing right now.  If we take care of the ball, we probably beat Wisconsin or Iowa just like we would have beaten Minnesota, Michigan State, and Maryland.  I still think we get to 6 wins but I have no idea if that is against Wisconsin or Iowa.  Our entire QB room has the yips.  If one of them can get over them by Saturday, we win.  If not, we will have to wait until next Friday for Iowa.   

That perfectly sums up our situation.  It all comes down to if the QB (whomever it is) can not give the ball to the other team.

On 11/12/2023 at 8:53 PM, BigRedBuster said:

Is Wisconsin starting to experience what we have gone through?

Indiana was a worse loss than Northwestern. I mean Northwestern also has wins over Minnesota and Maryland. But Indiana... that was Indiana's only P5 win this year.

(Sooo about like our loss to Michigan State.)

• Plus1 2

3 minutes ago, TGHusker said:

So which Wisky shows up - the emotionally wounded team or the one determined to turn around their season.  I hope the former and not the later. 

https://wiscnews.com/sports/college/football/wisconsin-football-nebraska/article_4f809ae6-a2ba-51f8-8389-4794b6b8f546.html

I think the key to this game is to have some type of success early.  If we come out and throw an interception giving them a short field and an early TD, we probably lose this game because they will gain some confidence.  If we come out and make them struggle on offense...while finding some form of success by putting some points on the board, then the Wisky team that quits might show up.

• Plus1 1