** 2023 Opponent Preview : Wisconsin (Game 11) **

2 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

I've seen nothing from Nebraska players that indicate they don't want to win and aren't playing hard.

I'm actually interested in knowing what was funny about this comment.

Do people see Husker players quitting...not playing hard?  I don't.  Just because mistakes are made, doesn't mean they aren't playing hard and wanting to win.

• Plus1 3
  • Haha 1

27 minutes ago, admo said:

It is possible that the Big Ten loves to have Nebraska play Wisconsin & Iowa back-to-back to end the year chuckleshuffle 

Nebraska last 2 games of the year:

2024 Wisconsin, at Iowa

2023 at Wisconsin, Iowa

2022 Wisconsin, at Iowa

2021 at Wisconsin, Iowa

You schedule what you hope will be meaningful games at the end of the year.

• Oh Yeah! 1

6 hours ago, Undone said:

So Purdy getting the start then?

I just really hope that in the 1st quarter on offense we'll try to establish the run without asking him to pass much. 

Yeah, sounds like the current plan is for him to finish the year as the starter.

Sounds like Braelon Allen is still not 100%.  I thought after he got a few carries last week he might be getting close.

WR Bryson Green also got carted off the field last week.  Not sure of his status.

Northwest started the game 10-for-10 on third down last week.

Rumblings that Fickell has lost the lockerroom.

• Oh Yeah! 2
27 minutes ago, CheeseHusker said:

I can see us dominating this game statistically, and losing, because, well, turnovers.

This is exactly what's going to happen. Wisconsin is a team drifting in the wind, directionless and at a crossroads looking for answers. Probably for the first time in decades.

Luckily they're facing a team in Nebraska that is going to keep giving them life no matter how hard they try to give up. Our offensive coordinator is allergic to making correct choices and setting his QBs up for success.

• Plus1 3