The Ten

46 minutes ago, Red Five said:

If this is the top 10%, do we now have 390 guys on the roster?

Yeah, I'm confused by that but I haven't looked through it enough to try to figure it out.

My initial thought is once you made the list you stayed on it but I don't think that was strictly the case from group #1 to group #2.

2 hours ago, Red Five said:

If this is the top 10%, do we now have 390 guys on the roster?

I'm guessing it's all players meeting the standard that the coaches expect from the top 10%, and not literally the top 10%. Which I think is kinda dumb if it's the case - more guys meeting that standard should just mean the top 10% is that much higher and players need to continuously raise the bar to be at the top. But it's the only way the numbers make sense to me, we have more than 10% of the players meeting the highest expectations from the staff. Watered down IMO, but I'm also not one of the guys grinding to make the list.

“So that was a huge topic,” Campbell said with a big grin. “Coach Rhule actually hit me up on that like, ‘Coach, these guys really aren’t understanding.’ So with ‘The Ten’ – We talk about the 10-80-10 Rule with that top 10 percent being your elite guys. They do everything the right way, they hold themselves to a high standard, they hold their teammates to a high standard, they do whatever it takes to be successful, and they bring guys along with them. That’s where we aim for everybody on this team to be – that top 10 percent. You have the middle 80 percent that essentially could be swayed either way, and then you have that tail end – that bottom 10 percent who are guys that really don’t understand or buy into the way in which we wanna do things. We wanna be a team of individuals who strive to be in that 10 percent but also bring others along with them. When you see that number raise above 10, we want a culture where as guys climb they lift each other up and pull them into that 10 percent. If you have a team full of guys who have that 10 percent mindset and work ethic, you position yourself to be a really good team come August.

“We talk about how the standard continues to be raised every week. What was good enough the week before, that’s the bar. That’s the standard. It won’t be good enough next week. We go into an evaluation of that, and we take a lot of factors into account. It is as much the weight room and conditioning as it is being on time to study hall, showing up to your meals on time. That criteria is hard, and those guys wanna be a part of it. When they’re not, they’re questioning, ‘Hey Coach, what more can I do? What more do you need to see out of me to be a part of that list?’ I love the way the guys are buying into it. My hope is that list continues to grow because if we have a list full of 10-percenters, we’re gonna be a really tough team to beat come fall.”

Link

• Thanks 1
  • Oh Yeah! 1

• 2 weeks later...

This is why he failed in the NFL and why he will do really well here at NU.  I used to do "Competition Thursday", kids go apes#!t for it, tire tug o wars, pushups, seal crawl races, tire tosses...

Also...I see that I still have a former player of mine kicking a$$ on the list! 

• Fire 1