We may have to start winning

I mean ... there's truth to all of it.  We can't win 4 games each year for the next 50 years and be in the same place.

But what is Trev supposed to say?  "We don't really care what happens on the field.  We'll be fine even if we only win 30 games in the next decade."

Of course he's going to say that we have to win football games.  But there's a lot of other teams that have to win a lot worse than we do if it comes to that.  Is that a possibility for us?  Sure.  But we're a long ways from it.

• Plus1 3

1 hour ago, Mavric said:

I mean ... there's truth to all of it.  We can't win 4 games each year for the next 50 years and be in the same place.

But what is Trev supposed to say?  "We don't really care what happens on the field.  We'll be fine even if we only win 30 games in the next decade."

Of course he's going to say that we have to win football games.  But there's a lot of other teams that have to win a lot worse than we do if it comes to that.  Is that a possibility for us?  Sure.  But we're a long ways from it.

Trev say nothing wrong in my opinion.  He just speaking honestly when it comes down to nuts and bolts.  He saying what we all want, even though we are going to support Husker Nation no matter what, like we have.  

I think what he is hinting is that there are things coming to the table, it's far away, and not everything is worked out yet..... but being a winning team will benefit more than not.  And he wants us to get there.  

• Oh Yeah! 1

we need to because we need to win. 
Period. 

Nebraska has been a winning football program that propped up the whole Univ, the State, and it’s people. 

I know all the dollars and cents stuff is bottom line. But f#&%, we just need to win because we need to win. it’s what we’ve done and what we need to do. 
Let’s do that and everything else will take care of itself.  No pressure, Rhule n Trev 

9 hours ago, admo said:

Trev say nothing wrong in my opinion.  He just speaking honestly when it comes down to nuts and bolts.  He saying what we all want, even though we are going to support Husker Nation no matter what, like we have.  

9 hours ago, admo said:

I think what he is hinting is that there are things coming to the table, it's far away, and not everything is worked out yet..... but being a winning team will benefit more than not.  And he wants us to get there.  

Which is the case for everyone in the country.  And I really hope he wants us to get there.  We tried the "admin wants us to fail" thing and it didn't work out.

• Plus1 1

9 hours ago, Mavric said:

Which is the case for everyone in the country.  And I really hope he wants us to get there.  We tried the "admin wants us to fail" thing and it didn't work out.

Yes true and you are right.  We'll be alright IMO.  Need a little patience, but in 2023 we fully get it.  :)  I am pro Alberts & Rhule, and we'll replace a great chancellor with another (fingers crossed)

• Plus1 1

Yep.  We're just about irrelevant at this point.

Other than the part that we drew 16% more viewers than maybe the most national of brands - and a team that's won way more than we have over the past 20 years and who the B1G has been dying to get in the league for decades - for the same game a year apart.

• Oh Yeah! 1