ESPN College Game Day - Time to gain back respect

33 minutes ago, ECisGod said:

ESPN has been trash for a long time.  The only thing I watch on there is F1.  Even Sports Center has become unwatchable.  The anchors are morons with the personalities of a block of wood.  This time of year, the only stories are preseason NFL and them trying to prove that the WNBA is worth watching (it's not).  They cover 15 MLB games in about 3 minutes of highlights and any preseason CFB is SEC only - because they are the only conference they care about (it has been that way for a long time).

I'm sure ESPN broadcasting WNBA games is part of the overall contract they have with the NBA.  They aren't trying to prove a point by showing WNBA games, it's more of them being required to broadcast by the agreement they have with the NBA.  ESPN wastes plenty of hours of broadcasting the Little League World Series, as well.  They have hours of TV they need to fill, and it's just a dead time in sports right now.  Other than baseball, there is nothing else going on, and ESPN decided a few years ago they don't want to be in the MLB business.

Also, if ESPN broadcasts a Nebraska game, or any other big college football or basketball game, you refuse to watch it?

• Oh Yeah! 1
  • TBH 1

8 hours ago, ColoradoHusk said:

I'm sure ESPN broadcasting WNBA games is part of the overall contract they have with the NBA.  They aren't trying to prove a point by showing WNBA games, it's more of them being required to broadcast by the agreement they have with the NBA.  ESPN wastes plenty of hours of broadcasting the Little League World Series, as well.  They have hours of TV they need to fill, and it's just a dead time in sports right now.  Other than baseball, there is nothing else going on, and ESPN decided a few years ago they don't want to be in the MLB business.

Also, if ESPN broadcasts a Nebraska game, or any other big college football or basketball game, you refuse to watch it?

I wasn't talking about them broadcasting WNBA games. I was talking about what they show on Sports Center. I know they are forced to broadcast the games because of their NBA contract. What they don't have to do is show five minutes of highlights for 3-4 games when they spend 2-3 minutes on 13-15 MLB games.

I rarely watch an entire football game ever. Doesn't matter if NU is playing.  In fact I seem to watch less less live sports because I find the announcers to be slightly dumber than a bag of hammers and find myself swearing at them for their inane comments. 

• Plus1 1

Just now, ECisGod said:

I wasn't talking about them broadcasting WNBA games. I was talking about what they show on Sports Center. I know they are forced to broadcast the games because of their NBA contract. What they don't have to do is show five minutes of highlights for 3-4 games when they spend 2-3 minutes on 13-15 MLB games.

I rarely watch an entire football game ever. Doesn't matter if NU is playing.  In fact I seem to watch less less live sports because I find the announcers to be slightly dumber than a bag of hammers and find myself swearing at them for their inane comments. 

I've watched games on mute before, don't mind it honestly.

• TBH 1
35 minutes ago, ECisGod said:

You seem like a lot of fun. 

• Haha 1
  • TBH 2
15 hours ago, ColoradoHusk said:

You seem like a lot of fun. 

Sorry you think I'm unfun.  I just don't enjoy watching sports on TV.  I'd rather be there in person.  I have found that as I get older, I have less patience for stupidity and most TV/radio commentators fall into the "stupid" category for me.

I actually spend most of my entertainment budget on live music rather than sporting events.  I love college hoops and have season tickets for the Huskers (my dad & I have been going for ~45 years), but rarely go to football games because I don't like being packed in like sardines.  Somehow, I always seem to get a seat next to some 400lb person who takes up their seat and mine. Hopefully the Memorial Stadium renovation they will replace plank seating with actual seats and being in the stadium will be more enjoyable.

• Plus1 2
  • 2 weeks later...

I decided to really watch Gameday for the first time in 2 years. God that was a  painful 2 hours! Flipped over to Fox for 10 minutes and the production was night and day better. I didn't realize they stole The Bear too. There are some morons running ESPN these days.

• TBH 1