Triaging the QB room

Scarlet

If this is a thing where he never quite runs the same as he did pre-injury like has happened to a couple of our better mobile QB's, it's going to be really depressing.

I thought last year that he was the most likely guy to be the starter this season. He threw for 3,300 yards in only 11 games played his senior year of high school. Seeing him throw the ball against Wisconsin, he's got a good foundation of passing ability and when you combine his running ability? He's exactly the kind of QB that takes this scheme as far as it can go.

Not saying he's going to be an all-conference player. But it seems like he's pretty decent.

• TBH 1
7 hours ago, Gorillahawk said:

I'm wondering what a fully healthy Purdy will look like? If he was playing injured Saturday, imagine what he could become with an offseason of development and a chance to get completely healthy. He looked like the perfect QB for what this offense is supposed to be.

After a broken collarbone there was a surgery to remove hardware related to the surgery. Then it seems there was an incident where he might've taken a hit that affected his thoracic spine and ribs I believe. There was some rehab involved as I remember. I can't say for certain only that I recall him discussing it briefly. Think he might've still been recovering from it or, had recently recovered from hit upon arriving here and there was still a bit of residual issues he was dealing with, possibly.

It caught my attention as I have some issues with the thoracic area of my spine. Perhaps it was another player...Don't think so though. At any rate, he hasn't been a hundred percent for some time and I think that's probably affected his practicing and not being more involved.

48 minutes ago, Undone said:

If this is a thing where he never quite runs the same as he did pre-injury like has happened to a couple of our better mobile QB's, it's going to be really depressing.

I thought last year that he was the most likely guy to be the starter this season. He threw for 3,300 yards in only 11 games played his senior year of high school. Seeing him throw the ball against Wisconsin, he's got a good foundation of passing ability and when you combine his running ability? He's exactly the kind of QB that takes this scheme as far as it can go.

Not saying he's going to be an all-conference player. But it seems like he's pretty decent.

IF we can put a good Oline in front of him and a couple good receivers then he can be all-conference. It's not secret why OSU has so many highly touted QBs, they have the guys around them that allow them to excel. Imagine if he was healthy, had a good Oline and Marvin Harrison Jr to throw to! 

• Thanks 1
  • TBH 1

17 minutes ago, SouthLincoln Husker said:

4 man rush & cubba was running for his life on 75% of the passes.

Third quarter: one pressure on a four-man rush.  One time we rolled the pocket and there was kind of pressure, kind of not.  One pressure on a blitz.  Another time Chubby bailed early and created his own pressure.  Another time he bailed early but scrambled for 12-ish yards.

So in the first three quarters, they got three pressures from four-man rushes.  Plus one pressure on a blitz. Chubby bailed early five times.  So he was bailing early more than they got pressure.

In the fourth, they seemed to think they needed to blitz to get pressure because they did it way more than the first three quarters.  Got pressure four times.  Only one-pressure from a four-man rush.

So only four pressures (plus kind of one on a designed rollout).  Seems pretty good for 30+ drop-backs.

• TBH 1
12 minutes ago, Mavric said:

So in the first three quarters, they got three pressures from four-man rushes.  Plus one pressure on a blitz. Chubby bailed early five times.  So he was bailing early more than they got pressure.

In the fourth, they seemed to think they needed to blitz to get pressure because they did it way more than the first three quarters.  Got pressure four times.  Only one-pressure from a four-man rush.

So only four pressures (plus kind of one on a designed rollout).  Seems pretty good for 30+ drop-backs.

#fire raiola

:sarcasm

• Plus1 2

Purdy definitely resembles Ganz who was actually a turnover machine especially in his first three games when he threw 7 picks.  Nine in the first four games.  I can see Purdy turning into a pretty serviceable QB over the next few years.  You can see he had the wits about him to just throw it away a few times.  Those two fumbles and the final pick though.  Hopefully those go away with more reps.

• Plus1 1
  • TBH 1