Triaging the QB room

Scarlet

14 hours ago, Archy1221 said:

The 2022 and 2023 FCS All-American QB’s started their careers at FBS schools according to their school bio’s 

I stand corrected.  It does happen.

Edit:  So I looked at this a little more.  One never played FBS.  He was on a team, but didn’t play.  The other looked to have quite a bit of success at Arkansas.

To scope this correctly, my original response was to one of the the worst turnover machines in FBS history could go to a lower level and “dominate”.

I should have been more clear.  A bad QB is not going to be a great QB because the go to a lower division.

4 hours ago, soup said:

I'm not sure using South Dakota State as the example is probably the best one.  They are probably better than half the teams in the BIG West, and he failed miserably playing against said teams.  But I get what you are saying.

Agree ! South Dakota State May very well beat us this year and past 4. I follow them extremely closely. Their QB is better than anyone in our room. I hope he decides to transfer after this year, bc he would fit our system perfectly.There is a reason Neb and Iowa bought out the current and future contracts with SDSU. Local P5 teams refuse to play them right now

25 minutes ago, HANC said:

Agree ! South Dakota State May very well beat us this year and past 4. I follow them extremely closely. Their QB is better than anyone in our room. I hope he decides to transfer after this year, bc he would fit our system perfectly.There is a reason Neb and Iowa bought out the current and future contracts with SDSU. Local P5 teams refuse to play them right now

FCS at the top has gotten a lot better for sure.  NDSU, Montana, Richmond etc.....James Madison in year one has done great.  Liberty playing well in year 5.  App St has had success moving up.  I wouldn't be oppossed to lookng at FCS to seek a QB or other players.  Sound football is sound football.  Not everyone makes a successful transition from FCS to FBS, but we have all seen FBS recruits not pan out as well.    

14 hours ago, HuskerNation1 said:

I have mentioned his name a few times in this thread, but check out Kaidon Salter right now on CBS Sports Network. He currently has a 239 passer rating.

I watched part of the game.  Seems to be a leader which is tremendously needed.

Other thing (not related) is Jerry Kill has to be one of the most underrated coaches in football.

• Plus1 1
16 hours ago, gobiggergoredder said:

I stand corrected.  It does happen.

Edit:  So I looked at this a little more.  One never played FBS.  He was on a team, but didn’t play.  The other looked to have quite a bit of success at Arkansas.

To scope this correctly, my original response was to one of the the worst turnover machines in FBS history could go to a lower level and “dominate”.

I should have been more clear.  A bad QB is not going to be a great QB because the go to a lower division.

Found this interesting pertaining to this conversation. 

15 hours ago, HuskerNation1 said:

I have mentioned his name a few times in this thread, but check out Kaidon Salter right now on CBS Sports Network. He currently has a 239 passer rating.

20-25 last night.....On the season 2700 yards, 31 tds-5 INT's....1064 yards rushing...Was a 4* out of HS in Texas. Went to Tennessee and was dismissed Fresh year after 2 incidents.  No known issues this season, but does have some baggage.   If we are looking at a good QB, that is a true dual threat, worth reaching out.  Might be willing to get to P5 over G5.    Willy Korn has been with Chadwell his career and is their QB coach and OC (I still feel that Chadwell was and is the OC), but maybe he comes for a pay raise. Make him QB coach and passing/run game coordinator. Thing is he has been brought up in this "scheme" or "identity" since he has been playing/coaching (played QB for Chadwell in Div II)  He knows the ins and out and the nuances.  But yet, I like him.  

Again, a lot of other good QB's out there in the G5 and FCS....Might not cost a dime other than "actual" NIL.  We have hit gold with little named kids and struck out on some highly rated guys.  Seems to be a crap shoot at times...

• Plus1 1

• 3 weeks later...
22 minutes ago, gobiggergoredder said:

You still have to have depth and also a scout team.

What's the story on Jack Woche?  I've heard nothing about him.

Jack Woche - Football 2023 - University of Nebraska - Official Athletics Website (huskers.com)

Essentially walked on in high school (IMG Academy), walked on at Ole Miss, and walked on here. I think he threw <10 passes for IMG's A team, so I think Longval is the better walk on bet.