Trev is in over his head

corncraze

2 hours ago, corncraze said:

We’re all frustrated and unhappy. Direct that at me and fans like me if you want, brush off our opinions, ignore the results you saw yesterday, ignore the differences we’ve seen between us and CU, pretend things are ok. Unless things change, all of us are going to continue to be miserable from the poor results we see on the field - assuming we even keep watching. 

And fans throwing a hissy fit on a message board is really going to help things. All it does is make it a miserable experience while creating a toxic environment for players, coaches and others. Have a ball.

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
  • TBH 2
6 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

And fans throwing a hissy fit on a message board is really going to help things. All it does is make it a miserable experience while creating a toxic environment for players, coaches and others. Have a ball.

We’re reacting to their poor performance on the field. Losing is a miserable experience - you’re right. Winning is the cure. Urgently improving our roster should be the prescription - you know, like what Deion did and how he just beat us. 

You deliver bad results, you get a bad reaction. That goes for any place - it’s even worse in the SEC.

• Haha 1
  • Fire 1
2 hours ago, CyHawk said:

The Scott Frost experiment clearly showed that being an alumni was not enough to get the job done. Same with Trev. Was he really the right guy, or did t just feel good at the time? Like Frost, Trev was going to be the savior………not so much.

The Rhule pressers sounds just like Frost. Great practices, guys are buying into the program, we are just a couple of plays away from winning, yada, yada, yada. He says it will take a few years? Maybe in the old days! With the portal and NIL, Colorado has proven that a turnaround can happen FAST. Frankly, I would pin that decision making squarely on Trev Alberts.

I really hope that the next coach will be better.

How many quick turnarounds have we seen that didn't bring a QB from a previous school? 

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 1
  • TBH 1

I don't think Trev is in over his head, in fact, 4 months ago that is what people said about the CU president.

There are/were almost no perfect hires out there after Frost was canned.  Urban Meyer was about it (I also think Gus Malzhan and that old Ole Miss coach who is at Auburn) but clearly even those two were not "can't miss".

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 1
  • Fire 1
2 minutes ago, PasstheDamnBallGuy said:

How many quick turnarounds have we seen that didn't bring a QB from a previous school? 

Move the goalposts and add extra stipulations to try and discredit a clear point that Deion has drastically improved  a worse program than Rhule.

But sure, I’ll bite - Kalen DeBoer just did it last year. He got his qb from the portal. It happened in our program history too with Bob Devaney. Before him we had 6 losing seasons. His first year we won 9 games.

We want results, not excuses.

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 1
3 minutes ago, PasstheDamnBallGuy said:

And how many quick turnarounds were followed by a downturn? It’s not that one way is superior to another. People go about things differently. What works for one program might not work as effectively at another.

• Haha 1
19 minutes ago, M.A. said:

And how many quick turnarounds were followed by a downturn? It’s not that one way is superior to another. People go about things differently. What works for one program might not work as effectively at another.

We assumed we were turning around things with Frost for 4 years - we needed a long rebuild then too. It’s a very risky strategy given the sake of our program.

Seriously ask yourself, would you be having more fun experiencing the start of a season Deion is leading at CU or what we’re experiencing with Rhule? What about the 8 or 12-win first year season Urban had at every university he’s coached at? Regardless of if you like their personalities, those sound more fun to me.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

I think a lot of this has to do with the 2 absolutely cruddy games we played and the manner in which we turned the ball over. Those mistakes never let us see what we truly have.  We are constantly digging ourselves out of self inflicted wounds and holes we dug ourselves.

We literally gave the game away at Minny.  CU has too many weapons for us to overcome and didn’t think we’d win there but to just get humiliated in the second half was inexcusable.  If they beat us with some good throws and plays, so be it.

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
16 minutes ago, corncraze said:

Move the goalposts and add extra stipulations to try and discredit a clear point that Deion has drastically improved  a worse program than Rhule.

But sure, I’ll bite - Kalen DeBoer just did it last year. He got his qb from the portal. It happened in our program history too with Bob Devaney. Before him we had 6 losing seasons. His first year we won 9 games.

We want results, not excuses.

DaBoer would be a great point if he didn't bring Penix from where he was the OC. 

• Haha 1
  • TBH 1
6 minutes ago, RedDenver said:

ice-cube-bye-felicia.gif

And bye sellout streak. Keep losing, keep making excuses, keep putting blind faith into our staffs, and unfortunately it will happen.

Look, none of us want to be here. I have two decades of family memories (especially with my dad) supporting this program while it crumbles away with excuses and poor prioritization (facilities over talent). I was in Ireland last year - as many of us were. The more we’re lower our standards and forfeit urgency, the more we turn into Kansas (who is significantly better than us now btw). None of us want that. But the more we lose, the more we lose our fan base (especially the younger fans). We need to start winning fast, otherwise we our only further etching our current and likely future identity of being a has-been, now perennial losing program.

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
  • Fire 1
  • TBH 1
1 minute ago, corncraze said:

And bye sellout streak. Keep losing, keep making excuses, keep putting blind faith into our staffs, and unfortunately it will happen.

Look, none of us want to be here. I have two decades of family memories (especially with my dad) supporting this program while it crumbles away with excuses and poor prioritization (facilities over talent). I was in Ireland last year - as many of us were. The more we’re lower our standards and forfeit urgency, the more we turn into Kansas (who is significantly better than us now btw). None of us want that. But the more we lose, the more we lose our fan base (especially the younger fans). We need to start winning fast, otherwise we our only further etching our current and likely future identity of being a has-been, now perennial losing program.

ice-cube-bye-felicia.gif

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
  • TBH 1
57 minutes ago, corncraze said:

We’re reacting to their poor performance on the field. Losing is a miserable experience - you’re right. Winning is the cure. Urgently improving our roster should be the prescription - you know, like what Deion did and how he just beat us. 

You deliver bad results, you get a bad reaction. That goes for any place - it’s even worse in the SEC.

There’s 2 or 3 coaches max that could change the roster the way Sanders did. Heck maybe only Deion himself. So the response is to piss and moan all over the place because we didn’t get one of the few coaches that could even think about pulling that maneuver? And then it gets put in a thread about Trev being in over his head? Bulls#!t. I understand being unhappy with our results for the last two decades but I think all these threads b!^@hing because Rhule isn’t Sanders are ridiculous. Deion will be at CU for about 3 years max (same as he would’ve been at NU). Personally I’m not a fan of the look at me Prime approach even if it is yielding short term results.

Here’s an idea. Anybody that loves Deion that much can become a CU fan. The rest of us will get over it.

• Plus1 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Fire 1