Illinois Week Pressers

Mavric

4 minutes ago, commando said:

it's almost like some are arguing that we shouldn't trot anyone out there to replace our injured player.   

2 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

You quoted me when you said it as though you were responding to my post.

I like quoting you, I know you will reply and I like getting the notification.  It makes me feel good!

• Haha 3

46 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

The coach speak is nice, glad to hear they were mad and they expect things to change etc… but we’ve heard these same things for going in 5 plus years.   I’m more interested if the coaches can actually make the adjustments happen and move the program forward.  

I get what you are saying, we all get tired of the same coach-speak. However, I think having a padded practice on Sunday, after a poor performance on Saturday is an indication to the players that their effort on Saturday wasn’t acceptable.

Now, that could be Rhule throwing crap against the wall, but it is trying a different approach instead of staying with the status quo. 

• Plus1 3
48 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

The coach speak is nice, glad to hear they were mad and they expect things to change etc… but we’ve heard these same things for going in 5 plus years.   I’m more interested if the coaches can actually make the adjustments happen and move the program forward.  

It is really getting old. I realize that the current staff and players are not responsible for the entire downturn we’ve seen the last decade. But at this point it’s difficult not to smirk and say “Sure” when you hear the “We’re mad” type of comments. 

• Thanks 1
46 minutes ago, Mavric said:

Good lord, does he have Ankle Plague???

Sims as the starter immediately becomes the most dangerous player on the field for the next 7 games (for NU and for the other team sometimes too).  There is not a defense left on the schedule that can shut him down when he runs. 

• Plus1 3
  • Fire 1
1 minute ago, teachercd said:

Sims as the starter immediately becomes the most dangerous player on the field for the next 7 games (for NU and for the other team sometimes too).  There is not a defense left on the schedule that can shut him down when he runs. 

It just was in fact a high-ankle sprain, despite Rhule questioning that initially. He clarified at some point in the last week or so that they assumed it wasn't a normal high-ankle sprain based on Sims ability to move shortly after, but turns out he's just pretty tough and it was a pretty standard high-ankle issue. 4-6 weeks is the norm for that.

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
1 minute ago, teachercd said:

At this point I feel like it’s gotta be something additional. And yes, I get ankle sprains can linger and take forever to heal. But c’mon. It’s football. If every football player with a sprained ankle sat out until it was perfectly healed, no program would be able to field enough players to have a team.

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 2