Record Rest Of The Way

6 Games Left  

62 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

15 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

Every other team in the Big Ten West is saying the same thing about themselves and the rest of the division. 

Yup. The West is a complete s#!tshow from top to bottom. Just disappointing that we are where we are right now. Could’ve easily been an undefeated season with this schedule with even a barely above average offense.

Oops….easily a one loss season. Forgot about Michigan.

6 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

Yup. The West is a complete s#!tshow from top to bottom. Just disappointing that we are where we are right now. Could’ve easily been an undefeated season with this schedule with even a barely above average offense.

Oops….easily a one loss season. Forgot about Michigan.

I just don’t think it’s that easy to say that. The defense has been very good, but they could still have blow-up game(s) where they give up a bunch of points.  I just don’t get the thought of NU would run away from everyone else if the offense was above average. That’s way too many assumptions  on the offense and special teams. 

1 minute ago, Red Five said:

In an alternate universe where Frost is canned in 2021 (like he should have been) then we’d be in year 2 of the rebuild under Coach ??? and 9 wins would have been a lock.

That still makes me mad thinking about the "he needs more time!" nonsense. It was plain as day he had no clue by then unless you simply didn't want to see it.

38 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

I just don’t think it’s that easy to say that. The defense has been very good, but they could still have blow-up game(s) where they give up a bunch of points.  I just don’t get the thought of NU would run away from everyone else if the offense was above average. That’s way too many assumptions  on the offense and special teams. 

I don’t disagree but my comments were based mostly on our opponents and glossed over where NU has been as a program for the last forever. I mean really, with this schedule we wouldn’t need to be world beaters to have only one loss. But, like you point out and I agree with, it’s also not very realistic given where we’ve been and where we are currently. Probably the easiest schedule we’ve had in the B1G thus far and definitely easier than what is on the horizon. As @teachercd put it, an Iowa wet dream schedule.

• Plus1 1
1 minute ago, JJ Husker said:

I don’t disagree but my comments were based mostly on our opponents and glossed over where NU has been as a program for the last forever. I mean really, with this schedule we wouldn’t need to be world beaters to have only one loss. But, like you point out and I agree with, it’s also not very realistic given where we’ve been and where we are currently. Probably the easiest schedule we’ve had in the B1G thus far and definitely easier than what is on the horizon.

Oh yeah, I agree that the schedule is going to get much tougher without divisions in the Big Ten.  It’s like those crappy North divisions back in the Big 12, and we were disappointed when NU couldn’t manage to be competitive for the division titles. 

• Plus1 1

3 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

I’m so tired of hearing people constantly say our division sucks. I’m not arguing against that thought. But, it is what it is and we have an opportunity to use it to help this team gain confidence. I don’t care how it compares to the rest of the country at this point. 

Gain confidence now, win games, get the attention of new recruits and NC next year!:koolaid2:    One step, one game at a time ad Rhule often says & before long we will be where we want to be.  :restore2

• Oh Yeah! 2
10 minutes ago, TGHusker said:

Gain confidence now, win games, get the attention of new recruits and NC next year!:koolaid2:    One step, one game at a time ad Rhule often says & before long we will be where we want to be.  :restore2

Funny thing is, so often the conversation around here has been that people don't root for conference foes because.....why?  Them being good just hurts us.  Well....now it seems like people are rooting for our conference foes to be better.

4 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Funny thing is, so often the conversation around here has been that people don't root for conference foes because.....why?  Them being good just hurts us.  Well....now it seems like people are rooting for our conference foes to be better.

I want our conference to be better as I hope this forces Nebraska to be better - and I think it will. I think we have the right head coach now, & we have the facilities and the NIL in place - time and patience is all that remains to getting us there.  

• TBH 1