2023 - 2024 Portal - Ins and Outs

1 hour ago, knapplc said:

In three full games, a partial game and one series, Sims turned the ball over ten times. 

I can't imagine there's going to be much of a market for that kind of play out there. If he doesn't get picked up, do we just cut him?

I don't know how it works, but it may be one of those Deon things:  you are no longer needed here.   I guess there is always Division 2 for Sims or Division 3 :dunno

1 minute ago, Huskerfollower4life said:

I just think that maybe he should switch to wr.  He might have better success at that position then qb even though he has been a qb for a long time.

Yes, I just happened to mention the same on the other thread.  Do a Eric Crouch - fast QB becomes fast receiver.  However Crouch didn't like the position change

12 minutes ago, Huskerfollower4life said:

I just think that maybe he should switch to wr.  He might have better success at that position then qb even though he has been a qb for a long time.

I think he should just move on. I’m not convinced switching to WR would fix his other issue….fumbling.

16 minutes ago, Huskerfollower4life said:

Well if it makes anyone feel better Cameron Ward had prior interest in coming here so take it for what it's worth.  I for sure thought he be headed to Oregon bc of news reports saying he committed there but false reporting.  Third best qb transfer in the portal.

I think OUs Qb is heading to Oregon now so Ward is looking for somewhere to land

19 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Well this site claims that he had the same number of fumbles as HH (11) and lost 7 of them.  

I'm really not interested.

On the flip side, McCord isn't even on the list so he must have had fewer than 3.

I'm interested.

Im interested in a qb that has more td passes then interceptions.  Yeah his fumbles will need to be cleaned up and worked on but I'm definitely interested in what Cameron Ward brings to the table.  Im also interested in Kyle McCord bc of what type of qb he is.  2 different qb's that could help change the program to where we are sitting at to where we want to go Bowling!!!!

7 minutes ago, Gorillahawk said:

I think OUs Qb is heading to Oregon now so Ward is looking for somewhere to land

25 TD vs 7 Int - 1 fumble per every 4 TDs.   How does that rank with other QBs in the portal?     11 fumbles  - that is all too familiar.  

Season Team G CMP ATT CMP% YDS Y/A TD INT NET FUM QBR
2023 WSU 12 323 485 66.6% 3736 7.7 25 7 -- 11 145.4
2022 WSU 13 320 497 64.4% 3231 6.5 23 9 -- 7 130.6
20 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Well this site claims that he had the same number of fumbles as HH (11) and lost 7 of them.  

I'm really not interested.

How many snaps did each take? I'd guess Cam's fumble rate is less than a quarter of HH's and also interception rate much better and TD rate also much better. Hope Rhule more willing to look into the "why" of stats and not just take them at straight face value.