Peacock?!

2 hours ago, gossamorharpy said:

Ohio state or any one of consequence isn't playing on Peacock at 9 am in November when all the big matchups occur and when divisions are decided.  

Now you're adding the time to it? It being at 11am isn't indicating what you think it is. The Big Ten has always had lots of their big games at 11am, when other conferences weren't doing it that way.

Case in point, #10 Penn State is playing #3 Michigan tomorrow at 11am.

Nebraska's been crappy for a long time, but us being on Peacock at 11am has nothing to do with that. They made a deal to get some Big Ten games. I highly doubt their agreement was for the 8 worst games of the season.

• Plus1 2

13 minutes ago, Moiraine said:

Now you're adding the time to it? It being at 11am isn't indicating what you think it is. The Big Ten has always had lots of their big games at 11am, when other conferences weren't doing it that way.

Case in point, #10 Penn State is playing #3 Michigan tomorrow at 11am.

Nebraska's been crappy for a long time, but us being on Peacock at 11am has nothing to do with that. They made a deal to get some Big Ten games. I highly doubt their agreement was for the 8 worst games of the season.

i dunno what to tell u man, 11 am CST on peacock is the worst slot for the big ten.  I was simply saying, i cant wait to be relevant again so we'll be on FS1 at worst down the stretch, that is all.  Ill still tune in tomorrow but guarantee not every husker fan will if they dont have access :dunno

24 minutes ago, gossamorharpy said:

i dunno what to tell u man, 11 am CST on peacock is the worst slot for the big ten.  I was simply saying, i cant wait to be relevant again so we'll be on FS1 at worst down the stretch, that is all.  Ill still tune in tomorrow but guarantee not every husker fan will if they dont have access :dunno

Regardless of whether it's the worst slot, it has nothing to do with how s#!t the team is. Your conclusion there is totally wrong, and you keep changing your statement from the original one. Michigan has had a game on Peacock, and the most common timeslot for the Ohio State Michigan game is 11am CST. Nebraska getting better isn't going to prevent us from having 11AM games, games on Peacock, or 11AM games on Peacock, so get used to it happening on occasion. The Big Ten doesn't consider 11AM to be a bad time slot, seeing as they put their marquee match up on at that time.

• Plus1 1

23 minutes ago, gossamorharpy said:

Except you simply said more than that.

3 hours ago, gossamorharpy said:

Not only will being back in the top 25 get us back to bowl games, better players and games only at night/afternoon- it'll also help ensure we're not playing on a stream only service in the morning. 

You also said

2 hours ago, gossamorharpy said:

You gotta at least agree somewhat tho- if rhule gets us back to consisten 9-3/10-2 seasons we're back on fox/fs1/nbc guaranteed.

All of this is wrong and it's okay for you to just take the L and move on. Michigan, Penn State, and Ohio State (amongst others) all had games exclusively on Peacock this year, as well as plenty of noon est/11 central kickoffs. Expect this to continue, where almost every team in the league has one game per season exclusively on Peacock. This has nothing to do with us sucking.

Also for those of you unwilling to pay the $6 or go to a bar or a friend's house, if you still want to watch the game it's remarkably easy to find ways to do so. Can't promote them on the board but send me a PM.

• TBH 1
2 hours ago, Lorewarn said:

You also said

All of this is wrong and it's okay for you to just take the L and move on. Michigan, Penn State, and Ohio State (amongst others) all had games exclusively on Peacock this year, as well as plenty of noon est/11 central kickoffs. Expect this to continue, where almost every team in the league has one game per season exclusively on Peacock. This has nothing to do with us sucking.

Also for those of you unwilling to pay the $6 or go to a bar or a friend's house, if you still want to watch the game it's remarkably easy to find ways to do so. Can't promote them on the board but send me a PM.

Your post is the epitome of what’s wrong with this board. It’s always a take the W or take an L, it’s great to see first hand that a fun discussion back and forth is no longer possible here.

even more discouraging it’s from longtime members…

2 hours ago, Moiraine said:

Regardless of whether it's the worst slot, it has nothing to do with how s#!t the team is. Your conclusion there is totally wrong, and you keep changing your statement from the original one. Michigan has had a game on Peacock, and the most common timeslot for the Ohio State Michigan game is 11am CST. Nebraska getting better isn't going to prevent us from having 11AM games, games on Peacock, or 11AM games on Peacock, so get used to it happening on occasion. The Big Ten doesn't consider 11AM to be a bad time slot, seeing as they put their marquee match up on at that time.

It 1000% has to do with how crappy we’ve been. Sure, there’s probably some contractual obligation every team shows up on peacock at least once. ,I don’t have the time to go week by week but I’ll be shocked if Nov isn’t full of the crap teams and big ten picked the down teams the upper teams face for sept/October 

3 hours ago, Lorewarn said:

You also said

Couple things now that I'm back home: great job selectively quoting and rearranging my posts to fit your narrative.  Classy move, specially when I already had a laugh at the first guy calling me out for moving the goal posts which i already addressed (which you didn't bother to quote by choice).  

Anyways, I decided to do some research and here's what I found in 5 seconds regarding Michigan/penn state and ohio state:

• No. 2 Michigan: Sept. 2 vs. East Carolina (Noon ET)
  • No. 3 Ohio State: To be scheduled*- This ended up being against Purdue, currently the worst team in the big ten.
  • No. 7 Penn State: Sept. 9 vs. Delaware (Noon ET)

So the top 3 in the teams in the league had their exclusive peacock games on sept 2 and 9th against scrub schools and the top progrum TBD to probably give them flexibility on picking an expected landslide, which oddly enough is exactly how it played out.  But you're totally right, one of these years we're def gonna see a solid game featuring heavy weights with divison/conf/bowl implications on the line late in the season on a floundering streaming service in the morning:blink:

• Plus1 1
11 hours ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

Wait. What?

I can't watch tomorrow's game unless I subscribe to Peacock? 

I don't want to "stream" I want to watch football.

And I already paid for the Big10 Network. I also pay for Hulu, which is also a subsidiary of NBC, which apparently struck the deal between the Big10 and Peacock. 

I'm going to boycott everything Peacock does and probably the bird itself.

I also want to see us use our fullback more.

Now get off my lawn. 

You and I must be in the minority.  Seems like a few on here are just fine being on a streaming service that is going under in the next few years when this is our most winnable game to secure bowl eligibility for the first time in 7 years.  I long for the higher standards this fanbase once carried and expected, perhaps I'm asking too much ;)

33 minutes ago, gossamorharpy said:

It 1000% has to do with how crappy we’ve been. Sure, there’s probably some contractual obligation every team shows up on peacock at least once. ,I don’t have the time to go week by week but I’ll be shocked if Nov isn’t full of the crap teams and big ten picked the down teams the upper teams face for sept/October 

11 minutes ago, gossamorharpy said:

Couple things now that I'm back home: great job selectively quoting and rearranging my posts to fit your narrative.  Classy move, specially when I already had a laugh at the first guy calling me out for moving the goal posts which i already addressed (which you didn't bother to quote by choice).  

Anyways, I decided to do some research and here's what I found in 5 seconds regarding Michigan/penn state and ohio state:

• No. 2 Michigan: Sept. 2 vs. East Carolina (Noon ET)
  • No. 3 Ohio State: To be scheduled*- This ended up being against Purdue, currently the worst team in the big ten.
  • No. 7 Penn State: Sept. 9 vs. Delaware (Noon ET)

So the top 3 in the teams in the league had their exclusive peacock games on sept 2 and 9th against scrub schools and the top progrum TBD to probably give them flexibility on picking an expected landslide, which oddly enough is exactly how it played out.  But you're totally right, one of these years we're def gonna see a solid game featuring heavy weights with divison/conf/bowl implications on the line late in the season on a floundering streaming service in the morning:blink:

3 minutes ago, gossamorharpy said:

You and I must be in the minority.  Seems like a few on here are just fine being on a streaming service that is going under in the next few years when this is our most winnable game to secure bowl eligibility for the first time in 7 years.  I long for the higher standards this fanbase once carried and expected, perhaps I'm asking too much ;)

Keep digging. The bottom of that hole is down there somewhere.

• Plus1 1
  • TBH 2