****Wisconsin Game Day Thread****

4 minutes ago, Undone said:

Unbelievable that Purdy comes out and plays so well and we learn that he wasn't in the mix earlier in the year because of injury. Like, the most Nebraska thing to happen. Guy throws for 65% and rushes for over 100 yards.

We just didn't establish the run in the right ways in the second half. For me that's really the bottom line. The defense played fine overall and Purdy had great stats. Just couldn't dominate the line of scrimmage in the second half.

Purdy was definitely hurt earlier in the year.  It would be intersting to know when he was healthy enough to play.

But Rhule definitely seems to get stuck on a QB.  Refused to bench Sims until he got hurt.  Refused to bench HH until he got hurt.

• TBH 1

22 minutes ago, Ratt Mhule said:

Come on man, you know damn well they were two very different situations. Tie game with a cold qb in, could take lead with 3 minutes left with a defense that hadnt given up anything all day at home. 

Running all over WI driving down the field down 3 on the road. Get first down and then run 30 seconds off the clock instead of using your timeouts and running it down their throat more. And if they stop it then kick the fg. Dont play not to lose, play to f#&%ing win based on the situation and how the game has gone up to that point. 

So lemme get this straight. Our only points up to this was once again a broken play that was a qb run and a massive pass that was a broken tackle… and you’re confident that we’re scoring 7 that drive, in the road, at night in wiscy 

I wish I had your confidence man.  This game wasn’t lost because of play calling not being aggressive- it was lost because once again our kicking game was garbage and we don’t have any receivers that we can count on

• Plus1 2
5 minutes ago, Undone said:

Unbelievable that Purdy comes out and plays so well and we learn that he wasn't in the mix earlier in the year because of injury. Like, the most Nebraska thing to happen. Guy throws for 65% and rushes for over 100 yards.

We just didn't establish the run in the right ways in the second half. For me that's really the bottom line. The defense played fine overall and Purdy had great stats. Just couldn't dominate the line of scrimmage in the second half.

We played good enough to win but our coaches let us down. We had so much momentum on the last drive and Wisconsin had no answers. Rhule mismanaged the clock and did not use the timeouts correctly. We kicked the field goal on second down. Had we had more time, we could have won it in regulation. You never want to go to overtime in an opponent’s home field when they need the win as much as you do. The loss is on Rhule. I stopped blaming Satt at this point since Rhule is the one who can overrule everyone and decide but he seems to think that Satt is doing great.

2 minutes ago, gossamorharpy said:

So lemme get this straight. Our only points up to this was once again a broken play that was a qb run and a massive pass that was a broken tackle… and you’re confident that we’re scoring 7 that drive, in the road, at night in wiscy 

I wish I had your confidence man.  This game wasn’t lost because of play calling not being aggressive- it was lost because once again our kicking game was garbage and we don’t have any receivers that we can count on

it was lost because of bad players that didn't deliver when it really mattered. Clock management was a bit sus but whatever. We don't have the talent. They wanted it more and showed it in OT.

5 minutes ago, Mavric said:

Purdy was definitely hurt earlier in the year.  It would be intersting to know when he was healthy enough to play.

But Rhule definitely seems to get stuck on a QB.  Refused to bench Sims until he got hurt.  Refused to bench HH until he got hurt.

Yes, I know he was hurt earlier in the season.

Another thing about this game was that it was hella bad luck for us to get the game where Mordecai didn't melt down with turnovers. So unlucky.

4 minutes ago, WWG1_we_GBR said:

it was lost because of bad players that didn't deliver when it really mattered. Clock management was a bit sus but whatever. We don't have the talent. They wanted it more and showed it in OT.

1000%. Hate to break it to ppl on here but this isn’t gonna change until the upper class men are fleshed out. Half the picked captains on this team have been complete duds.

Everyone loves the cute story of a walk on stepping up and being a leader. The fact of the matter is we’re not gonna be where we should be until our top guys actually show up on gameday.  

24 minutes ago, huskerfan74 said:

We kicked the field goal on second down. Had we had more time, we could have won it in regulation. You never want to go to overtime in an opponent’s home field when they need the win as much as you do.

Obviously we're all mad about this, but just to play devil's advocate: everybody was so mad about not getting the field goal last week in basically the same situation...right?

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
43 minutes ago, The Duke said:

We can complain about the time management at the end of the game...AND WE SHOULD...but let's also not forget that Satterfield's offense failed to score any points for 45+ minutes of game time.

Satterfield needs to go.

his offense scored on two insanely broken plays. Purdy runs like a cross between Napoleon Dynamite and Forrest Gump. NO way that's a designed play. But great start that we simply didn't really deserve and couldn't sustain

16 minutes ago, gossamorharpy said:

Not confident, but at least try. 

• Plus1 1

12 minutes ago, Undone said:

Obviously we're all mad about this, but just to play devil's advocate: everybody was so mad about not getting the field game last week in basically the same situation...right?

Kicking a field goal on 4th down is one thing. Wasting two downs where we obviously were able to run the ball down Wisconsin’s throat as they were gassed is another thing. I was not advocating for a pass play but if we used the timeouts wisely and used the two downs we had and ran the ball with EJ or purdy, we might have been able to score and put the game away. Going to overtime is risky and our track record with overtime games sucks to say the least. I am just upset that we wasted two downs when we could have used out timeouts better. This is not the first time Rhule mismanaged the end of the half or the game. He was not aggressive in wanting to score a touchdown in my opinion. Again, running the ball was working for us on the last drive.

• Plus1 1
3 minutes ago, huskerfan74 said:

Kicking a field goal on 4th down is one thing. Wasting two downs where we obviously were able to run the ball down Wisconsin’s throat as they were gassed is another thing. I was not advocating for a pass play but if we used the timeouts wisely and used the two downs we had and ran the ball with EJ or purdy, we might have been able to score and put the game away. Going to overtime is risky and our track record with overtime games sucks to say the least. I am just upset that we wasted two downs when we could have used out timeouts better. This is not the first time Rhule mismanaged the end of the half or the game. He was not aggressive in wanting to score a touchdown in my opinion. Again, running the ball was working for us on the last drive.

I agree with everything you said but just have to point out that last week our staff was aggressive in trying to score 7 instead of 3 and we screwed up big time (with the same QB that was playing tonight) and we all lost our s***.

Please don't tell me that you won't even acknowledge this. This is a safe space.

18 minutes ago, Undone said:

Obviously we're all mad about this, but just to play devil's advocate: everybody was so mad about not getting the field game last week in basically the same situation...right?

The people mad about not getting a field goal are not requiring the team to call higher risk plays in this situation. You can save the clock, then run 3 moderate to low risk plays. You can run the ball on 3rd with the plan to run out the clock on 4th down before kicking the FG. The only arguments against doing it that way are maybe we fumble it or maybe Wisconsin calls a time out at 28 secs to try to score after our FG. But that’s the most conservative way you can call it. 

The best option if your offense is shaky is save the time out, run on 3rd down. If you get the 1st down you can try to run again. You could even run it twice and then pass it. 3 plays instead of 1. If you don’t get the 1st down, you run the clock down to 3 secs then kick the FG.

• TBH 1