** Iowa Week Press Confrences **

Rhule said Ru'Quan Buckley (who has seen a fair number of snaps at NT behind Nash) is moving to Guard. Most schools were recruiting him as OL out of high school, and there are definitely spots available next year at Guard. I'm assuming Scott leaves and JEJ takes over at Center - Lutovsky has some experience but has work to do, and I dunno what Piper's status is.

I wanted to give the defense an opportunity to win the game & I didn't want to leave 30 seconds on the clock after what happened in the Maryland game.  Huh???  Rhule is a generally consistent on message and you are bound to ramble answering questions off the cuff for 30 minutes, but you can just acknowledge you played conservative for OT, and move on.  

• Plus1 2
  • TBH 1
4 hours ago, Husker in WI said:

Rhule said Ru'Quan Buckley (who has seen a fair number of snaps at NT behind Nash) is moving to Guard. Most schools were recruiting him as OL out of high school, and there are definitely spots available next year at Guard. I'm assuming Scott leaves and JEJ takes over at Center - Lutovsky has some experience but has work to do, and I dunno what Piper's status is.

I like this move. RVP will most likely back up Nash (assuming he stays) at NT. So this gives Buckley a chance to make an impact somewhere else. With NN gone and probably Piper we could use some depth at guard.  

• Plus1 2
9 minutes ago, Born N Bled Red said:

Hmmm.. did you guys see Rhule talking about Tony White being head coach? He drew extra attention to Tony no "choosing a place where the expectations far exceed commitment."

Does he feel like that is NU???

Rhule accepted the position referencing the various commitments here. I'd say he's saying go to a place having a similar commitment as Nebraska does.  

• TBH 2