What's up with the Rhule to A&M talk?

Caven

I have heard that A&M is planning on officially contacting Rhule after the games this weekend.  My source is very second hand information but it intrigued me so I figured I would come see if anyone here has heard anything since you all are pretty good at knowing information.

35 minutes ago, Caven said:

I have heard that A&M is planning on officially contacting Rhule after the games this weekend.  My source is very second hand information but it intrigued me so I figured I would come see if anyone here has heard anything since you all are pretty good at knowing information.

Personally I would laugh at this, only for the fact that they just paid $75 million to buy out a coach, then they go looking for the guy with probably the highest buyout possible they would have to pay to hire.  One coaching change and some $150 million paid to do it would be hilarious.  We would have to start over again, but would have a lot of coin available to go do it I suppose.

Just now, commando said:

i checked an Aggie board....they have a thread with over 30 names listed and none were rhule ....until the last page when someone posted 16  coaches he would like and rhule was on his list.  that was the only mention i could find there.

Elko would be my guess if the Rhule deal falls through (Ha). 

Uban says he's happy with what he's doing now, no longer has an interest in coaching. 

9 minutes ago, M.A. said:

Elko would be my guess if the Rhule deal falls through (Ha). 

Uban says he's happy with what he's doing now, no longer has an interest in coaching. 

Elko would be a good get.  Has done well in the ACC.  Hard to recruit football players to a private BB school.  Contract through 2029 at 3.5 million/year. He has a done a lot with less than a little.  And A&M has those crazy deep, zero F's to give financial pockets.  Only thing is you pulled a Nebraska and fired a 45-25 HC.  A lot of coaches,  imho, that are in a stable position would be leery.  Unless you get a life changing buy out clause that is more than 90% of the worlds countries GNP:D.  Be fun to watch.  One article I read they are all about geting Prime as he'd bring his two sons and Hunter.  Unsure how the transfer rule would work though.

2 hours ago, runningblind said:

Personally I would laugh at this, only for the fact that they just paid $75 million to buy out a coach, then they go looking for the guy with probably the highest buyout possible they would have to pay to hire.  One coaching change and some $150 million paid to do it would be hilarious.  We would have to start over again, but would have a lot of coin available to go do it I suppose.

This is the answer. Buyouts work both ways. Huskers would require Rhule’s contract to be bought out by aTm not sure what that amount is, but it’s enough to keep teams away. No way they drop that kind of cash. 

10 hours ago, MyBloodIsRed16 said:

Unrelated but I did see Miss St HC who got fored would likely be Tony White's replacement 

It would make sense (same defensive coaching tree), but I really get the impression Rhule will promote from within. Was very vocal in the press conference that there are coaches here ready to be head coaches and/or coordinators. And he seems willing to hire based on what he thinks you can do, not what your experience is - see the McGuire's for example.