****Iowa Game Day Thread****

5 minutes ago, KCgodd002 said:

You say that but these kids get paid in tuition and now real money.  They get free adidas clothes and shoes as much as they want.  They have facilities that rival pros.  They (atleast many) expect to be treated like royalty    They can leave school and goto another anytime they want now.  I would argue they are pros , especially in the NIL era 

But his point was there is no free agency or trades during the season. You have to play with what you have. 

• TBH 1

23 minutes ago, KCgodd002 said:

You say that but these kids get paid in tuition and now real money.  They get free adidas clothes and shoes as much as they want.  They have facilities that rival pros.  They (atleast many) expect to be treated like royalty    They can leave school and goto another anytime they want now.  I would argue they are pros , especially in the NIL era 

Good lord, how old are you?  R u s band geek?

37 minutes ago, Mavric said:

.... said as he's still posting in a thread on page 71....

I think it’s getting far easier to ignore/compartmentalization of these losses. If anything to me it’s been a blessing so I can focus on what really matters but still have some sense of fandom. 

• Plus1 2
1 minute ago, Decked said:

I think it’s getting far easier to ignore/compartmentalization of these losses. If anything to me it’s been a blessing so I can focus on what really matters but still have some sense of fandom. 

No one at the game seemed surprised or upset.  A self fulling prophecy. 

• Plus1 1

57 minutes ago, The Duke said:

I think Rhule should make some changes to the offensive staff this offseason, but sadly I don't think he's going to.

I don't know how you can keep Doogie Houser coaching the WR....Or our TE coach....I have never liked Satt so I admit bias.....Riaola I am on the fence. Even the RB's play tentative and dance around.   Rhule keeps them all and trots out the new staff, language, scheme, crap and it'll be a rebuild again BS he needs to be given a short leash by TA. This (on the O side) is not a B1G staff.  Not even close.

• Plus1 1
58 minutes ago, chamrocck said:

I watch a lot of college football.  We are terrible. The defense is alright but the offense could be the worst in power 5.  If Rhule can’t see this we are in huge trouble. The PC talk is we are getting better but the schedule only gets worse. If we do not get some difference makers on both sides of the ball we are done. Why we can’t make FGs or return a punt is inexcusable. Pay me and I could get better results.

I am with you.  This O is hounds down the worst in P5.  Unsure how many of our starters would crack the 2 deep on another P5 squad.  This was the weakest B1G schedule we have had.  And will still went a Scott Frost best 5-7.....and lost one score games....winless in Nov...No bowling.  

For those who are arguing that Rhule did a great job this season, just step back and look at what northwestern’s coach did. Arguably, the northwestern coach has one tenth of the experience that Rhule has and he has half the talent in his team tha Rhule has yet he got his team bowl eligible and we could not win a single game after being 5-3 to get to a bowl. By comparison, coach Rhule has severely underperformed in his first year given the ease of schedule and the remarkable fan base supporting this team. Again, the fans deserve better than this s#!tshow. The best think about husker football is the fans and their support for this undeserving team. 

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Fire 1

I was never a fan of firing Bo Pelini who was giving us 9 wins every season, especially after we fired solich, but that is what happens when you think you are an elite team when year after year has proven that those times are long gone. Now, we have to settle for being bottom feeders below so many of the teams we used to make fun off. 

• Haha 1

46 minutes ago, SouthLincoln Husker said:

Good lord, how old are you?  R u s band geek?

Not sure how age or if someone is a band geek is a valid reasoning for stating the facts that we have a professional team on the field by definition.  When players are earning enough perks to equal well over $50k a year and that’s not including the athletes who do have NIL deals don’t tell me there should t be expectations for them to perform on the field. 

• Plus1 1
  • TBH 1
2 hours ago, Rich N said:

Exactly. I'd like to know why he or this program deserve ANY benefit of the doubt going forward. Dumpster fire. 

The coach doesn’t commit the turnovers, players do.Coaches don’t miss tackles /blocks, players do. Players win/lose games. 

Edited by Goal-line
Add info
  • TBH 1
17 minutes ago, KCgodd002 said:

Not sure how age or if someone is a band geek is a valid reasoning for stating the facts that we have a professional team on the field by definition.  When players are earning enough perks to equal well over $50k a year and that’s not including the athletes who do have NIL deals don’t tell me there should t be expectations for them to perform on the field. 

You have skewed version on NIL, unless you want to donate a million.