Iowa Game What did we learn?

TGHusker

5 hours ago, gossamorharpy said:

I just wanna say thank you to Samaje Perine one more time for breaking melvin gordon's record set against us a mere week after being embarrassed by wiscy on national tv.  

Seriously.  I am a Bronco fan, and had to deal with Gordon fumbling every 5th snap for us a couple years ago, but now get to root for Samaje.  Continued to deal with those feelings recently.  :lol:

22 minutes ago, admo said:

Oh I know @lo country and took your comment as a positive and agree. :cheers   Yes we were both here and went through those times.  All in the past. 

My point was toward the crowd that still brings him up in 2023 / 2024. It makes no sense to do that. 

With this team, you see the W's aren't there yet, but the foundation has been set, and we are just a few position players away.  But also, you see other teams around the country getting better too. 

:cheers  For sure!  Agree with you.  The W's are not here yet, but even with one of our worst O's I have ever watched at NU, we won 5 games despite that.  And being dead last in TO's....(even with a weak B1G West).  Average QB play and find someway to fix the TO's and we can be onto something.  A QB is an easier fix.  No idea how to fix the TO's.....Here's to watching recruiting and the portal.  And the bowl games:D

19 minutes ago, gossamorharpy said:

If we sold our soul for urban we’d not only be in this game instead of Iowa but we’d be about 3.5 hours from upsetting Michigan.

why? Cause urban cannot be tamed 

disclaimer: unless it’s an nfl team or a coed in a Ohio restaurant owned by urban 

Dude can coach for sure.  There were al the allegations and rumors, but staying on Fox as a commentator and still broadcasting makes me wonder.  Seems like if they were that egregious, he wouldn't still be broadcasting.  But maybe a reason he isn't coaching.

Interested in how Iowa does vs Michigan tonite.  See if Michigan can hold them as well as we did.  

I think we get Rhule with no drama or allegations to follow.  In time I think he will right the ship.

2 minutes ago, lo country said:

Dude can coach for sure.  There were al the allegations and rumors, but staying on Fox as a commentator and still broadcasting makes me wonder.  Seems like if they were that egregious, he wouldn't still be broadcasting.  But maybe a reason he isn't coaching.

Interested in how Iowa does vs Michigan tonite.  See if Michigan can hold them as well as we did.  

I think we get Rhule with no drama or allegations to follow.  In time I think he will right the ship.

I have full confidence Rhule Will right the ship.

was partially joking just to reignite this thread. That being said, i don’t think urban’s done. I think he waiting for one more go. Off field stuff aside, he still first in line behind Saban for greatness this generation, Kirby smart chasing him as is dabo given his age. 

I’ll be shocked if Iowa keeps this within 24

42 minutes ago, gossamorharpy said:

I have full confidence Rhule Will right the ship.

was partially joking just to reignite this thread. That being said, i don’t think urban’s done. I think he waiting for one more go. Off field stuff aside, he still first in line behind Saban for greatness this generation, Kirby smart chasing him as is dabo given his age. 

I’ll be shocked if Iowa keeps this within 24

Watching now and Iowa has a great D.  Simply fundamentally sound with good technique, disciple and always watching the QB and backfield..  Watching their DB's in man coverage and keeping JJ limited in the passing game.  If NU can keeps its run D and improve the pass D we will be solid for sure in that department.  

Watching Iowa vs Michigan, I think Rhule was correct.  We didn't believe we could play with Michigan. Iowa believes they can beat them.  Through one half, their D has kept them in the game.  Definitely  like that our D is playing in a similar way.  More depth and another year in the system and our D could be like that.  Just get the O to average... 

2 hours ago, lo country said:

Watching Iowa vs Michigan, I think Rhule was correct.  We didn't believe we could play with Michigan. Iowa believes they can beat them.  Through one half, their D has kept them in the game.  Definitely  like that our D is playing in a similar way.  More depth and another year in the system and our D could be like that.  Just get the O to average... 

Iowa was never really in the game in my opinion. Their offense is even worse this season than their 2021 squad.

It is crazy though that Michigan only had 213 yards of offense and Iowa had 155. Normally that kind of stat line would lend itself to maybe a 17-14 type of game. But, Iowa's offense is next-level terrible.

Once Michigan got up 3-0, the game was over. The Vegas betting spread that landed at Michigan -21.5 before kickoff was basically just a question of "how many points will Michigan score?" Because Iowa wasn't going to put any points up.

• Fire 1

11 hours ago, lo country said:

It isn't allegation or rumor that Meyer covered up domestic abuse at tOSU.

• Plus1 1
  • TBH 5