QB Dylan Raiola to Sign with Nebraska!

87skers

1 hour ago, runningblind said:

What besides conspiracy theories makes anyone think CP is coming back to the team?

Not going to argue, but what information makes you think he won’t be with team. Already portal guy. He hasn’t announced he isn’t coming back. Coaches/local media have indicated the presume he will be here. He may very well leave after visiting with family over Christmas, or he may wait to see how spring ball shakes out. The one thing about Rhule, it sounds as if he is upfront and honest with kids. Like I said, Rhule may be looking for Purdy to be that early season or year 1 bridge

11 minutes ago, HANC said:

Not going to argue, but what information makes you think he won’t be with team. Already portal guy. He hasn’t announced he isn’t coming back. Coaches/local media have indicated the presume he will be here. He may very well leave after visiting with family over Christmas, or he may wait to see how spring ball shakes out. The one thing about Rhule, it sounds as if he is upfront and honest with kids. Like I said, Rhule may be looking for Purdy to be that early season or year 1 bridge

Show me where coaches and media have said he'll be here, that's exactly what I asked for.

• Haha 1
14 minutes ago, runningblind said:

Show me where coaches and media have said he'll be here, that's exactly what I asked for.

I don’t have written, but I listen to 590 Husker Radio daily, and obviously this topic has been front and center, especially starting with McCord rumor. They talk about Purdy a lot, they speculate like the rest of us, but they seem to agree that as of now they expect him to return.

Again, I am not going to get into a show me the source pissing contest, bc it really isn’t that important to me, but since you asked, I asked you where you have seen or heard that he isn’t coming back? Or are we both just going off of gut feeling and what we are trying to piece together?

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Dr. Strangelove said:

I know that, but I'm not aware of Nebraska sending a QB to the NFL after playing just 2 seasons. It would be unprecedented if Nebraska is able to do that. 

We've sent the same number of QBs to the league after two seasons as Alabama, Georgia, Ohio State, USC, Texas and Oklahoma combined.

• Plus1 4
11 minutes ago, HANC said:

I don’t have written, but I listen to 590 Husker Radio daily, and obviously this topic has been front and center, especially starting with McCord rumor. They talk about Purdy a lot, they speculate like the rest of us, but they seem to agree that as of now they expect him to return.

Again, I am not going to get into a show me the source pissing contest, bc it really isn’t that important to me, but since you asked, I asked you where you have seen or heard that he isn’t coming back? Or are we both just going off of gut feeling and what we are trying to piece together?

I'm not saying you're wrong, I simply hadn't seen any evidence indicating he was even considering joining the team again.  So basically your last sentence yes.

42 minutes ago, HANC said:

Like I said, Rhule may be looking for Purdy to be that early season or year 1 bridge

You want that bridge QB to be a veteran starter, like several of the better transfer QBs would have been, not a career emergency backup.

I think if Rhule had to do last season over again he plays Purdy early and gives him a run of game but he didn't. At some point in time, maybe we just need to realize that while Purdy has a lot of potential he's also entering his 5th season as a career 52% passer.

• TBH 1
14 minutes ago, Head Coach Scott Frost said:

If he does commit today that still leaves like 4 days for him to change his mind and flip somewhere else.  I feel like that's still too much time on the clock

Much bigger concern is if he leaves town NOT N

• Haha 1
  • TBH 2
  • Worth a Look 1

13 minutes ago, Loebarth said:

At this point and the horrendous play we've witnessed over the last 5 years it won't surprise me when Dylan returns home and confirms he's fully committed to Georgia and honestly, I'll be just as excited about that. One player doesn't make a team but one player can sure as heck become a team problem. Rhule, is taking a huge chance with this and in the end it could greatly effect the in-state recruiting and trust of in-state coaches. Will it? Time will tell but Rhule has put in considerable effort to rebuild trust and I'd hate to see this saga end with those efforts washed away. There's loads of talent in-state over the next 2 years. Hoping we get every in-state athlete we target. Hoping I (and those like minded) am completely wrong about "breaking the coaches trust". There's loads of current and former coaches here and I'd like a couple of them to actually address this with their truths and why they base their truths as such. 

When you warn of the potential blowback from coaches and recruits in-state, are you referring to the Kaelin situation? Last I heard Rhule had been upfront with him about Raiola and was still honoring his scholarship. That’s the best any recruit could hope for in such a situation. It’s unfortunate for Kaelin and I feel for the kid, but I’m confused by your take. What was Rhule supposed to do in that situation? Tell Raiola to kick rocks?

• TBH 6
  • Mavric changed the title to QB Dylan Raiola to Sign with Nebraska!