On3 drops Raiola to a 4*

LP1

16 minutes ago, LP1 said:

#4 QB, #35 overall. What a sham of a recruiting service

https://www.on3.com/db/rankings/player/football/2024/

good. little added motivation is never a bad thing

It is pretty head scratching though when on3 shows the industry rankings next to theres.  24/7 & rivals has him as top qb and 2nd highest recruit.  ESPN has him at 8 recruit but #1 qb.  

I've seen his videos and highlights, you dont see an arm that alive often at the age of 16 & 17 when his recruitment took off.  

The whole concept of On3 is dubious to begin with.  They're basically compiling their own ranking and taking into account all the other major services as part of theres.  Which is pretty much what 24/7 that came out the past decade.  The line below adds further murkiness directly from on3 site....

"For football, the algorithm is weighted as follows: On3 (35%), 247Sports (35%), Rivals.com (20%) and ESPN (10%). "

I'd love to see how DR actually ranked in On3s ranking given how high he is on the other services.  Does On3 slot DR into like the #200 recruit? lol

35 minutes ago, Huskers93-97 said:

I would like to know how they dropped him during his senior season in which he had his best TD to int ratio of his career. Plus proved he could excel at his 3rd high school, 3rd coaching staff, 3rd playbook and new players with no chemistry. Amazing really. I would expect his rating to go up actually. 

They dropped him because of his junior season and other players having great summers. 

I can’t believe the college football world lost its collective mind over this bum this week.                                                                                       We don’t have a Bowl, we need something!

I’m hoping he can do his interviews, move on campus, get acclimated, meet the other freshman, be humble, work harder than any other player, be the guy that others talk about instead of talking about himself, grind and get ready for a tough season. Stars don’t mean s#!t anymore. He signed w us and he’s coming here. He’s a gamer and will make us better but he’s a freshman and college ball has no mercy. 
I love his swag/confidence demeanor and overall approach to getting to N. 
Now he has to work. And has work to do. He will have a target the size of Memorial on his back. From the opposition and from N fans in general. 

He will be a difference maker for us. Love the knpineapple quote above. Get us to 6 and the rest is gravy. Then we will see in yr 2-3 how far we can go w him as a true General of a State and football program nearly dying for some success.