2024 Bracketology

Mavric

2 hours ago, NebraskaHarry said:

If they could win out the regular season, IF! I feel pretty confident they would crack into the top 4 of the conference tourney. 

If they win out & most of the other remaining games go as expected they probably finish 3rd.

The only teams they would lose a head-to-head tiebreaker are Illinois, Iowa, Maryland & Northwestern.  They would win the tiebreaker with everyone else because they either swept the series or tied the season series and the win over Purdue becomes the second tiebreaker (assuming Purdue wins the conference).  They would also win a three-way tie with Michigan State & Northwestern.  I'm not sure how any other multi-team tiebreakers would turn out.

46 minutes ago, ECisGod said:

If they win out & most of the other remaining games go as expected they probably finish 3rd.

The only teams they would lose a head-to-head tiebreaker are Illinois, Iowa, Maryland & Northwestern.  They would win the tiebreaker with everyone else because they either swept the series or tied the season series and the win over Purdue becomes the second tiebreaker (assuming Purdue wins the conference).  They would also win a three-way tie with Michigan State & Northwestern.  I'm not sure how any other multi-team tiebreakers would turn out.

Why would we lose a tie breaker with Northwestern? We split with them and we beat Purdue

1 hour ago, NebraskaHarry said:

Probably cause they also beat Purdue I'm assuming.

I might be wrong.  It looks like Northwestern split with Purdue, so we have a better winning percentage (100% > 50%).  I thought they had only played Purdue once like us and had beaten Illinois so they would win the tiebreaker at that step.

1 hour ago, ECisGod said:

I might be wrong.  It looks like Northwestern split with Purdue, so we have a better winning percentage (100% > 50%).  I thought they had only played Purdue once like us and had beaten Illinois so they would win the tiebreaker at that step.

Ahh, makes sense

17 hours ago, ECisGod said:

We hold the head to head tie breaker with Northwestern as long as Purdue wins the #1 seed.

https://btn.com/big-ten-basketball-tiebreakers/

We will also hold the tie breaker against Wisconsin if Purdue can beat them at home the last game of the regular season.  As mentioned, we also win the tie breaker against Michigan State due to head to head.  

We just need to win enough to get in a position to tie and we get the double bye.

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Oh Yeah! 1

31 minutes ago, GSG said:

Feels dirty to be rooting for KSUx but it is what it is

We also need to cheer for Minnesota to not beat us, but not fall below 75 because they are at 72 right now.  They have games at Illinois home vs Penn St & Indiana  and at Northwestern after playing Nebraska Sunday.