Is Nebraska a "blue blood" program?

36 minutes ago, BIG8forever said:

30 years- blue bloods do it for  a century in college football minimum, Minnesota was just as dominant for a similar stretch, Yale was many times more dominant, legendary, etc...  Nebraska has to be resurgent for us to actually be called a blue blood. We have to come back from this trough we are in and win a natty or we are definitely not a blue blood. Just sayin

you say this as if 100 years ago the whole nation was following the sport and watching/listening to the title game. 

No one really gave a s#!t about college sports as a viewable thing to follow until the 60s. 

if we win the title again the narrative isn’t going to be reentry to the blue blood club, it’ll be the resurgence of a sleeping giant 

• TBH 3

57 minutes ago, BIG8forever said:

they have been, it is been going for over 150 years and yeah the nation has been following college football religiously for 100 years, longer actually. The game represents the civil war, that is why it is so special to Americans.

and this post, right here, is BIG8forever's jump the shark moment

• Plus1 1
  • Oh Yeah! 1

12 hours ago, Husker66 said:

I know one thing...I'd sure like them to play like a Blue Blood again....

Last time Michigan  won the Natty, we split with them. wow have we had different paths since...

Eh, not that different.  Michigan should be a great reminder that you just need the right coaches and a little luck with the players and you can turn things around.

Lets not forget it was just a few short years ago that Jim harbaugh restructured his contract to more of a "prove it on the field" contract given the doubts that he couldnt beat tOSU and win the big games.  He tweaked his offensive philosophy and now has guys in an OC and DC capacity that will most likely either be his backfill or go on to be a HC elsewhere.  

Michigan was also wondering in the wilderness with the rich rod, brady hoke experiment and finally got their guy.  Perhaps our guy is finally here and we just need to keep building

• TBH 1
9 minutes ago, gossamorharpy said:

Eh, not that different.  Michigan should be a great reminder that you just need the right coaches and a little luck with the players and you can turn things around.

Lets not forget it was just a few short years ago that Jim harbaugh restructured his contract to more of a "prove it on the field" contract given the doubts that he couldnt beat tOSU and win the big games.  He tweaked his offensive philosophy and now has guys in an OC and DC capacity that will most likely either be his backfill or go on to be a HC elsewhere.  

Michigan was also wondering in the wilderness with the rich rod, brady hoke experiment and finally got their guy.  Perhaps our guy is finally here and we just need to keep building

Yep. We've had a really bad seven years. Michigan had a bad seven years and fired two coaches before Harbaugh. And to be honest, there were plenty of Michigan fans ready to fire Harbaugh after five seasons, given a 9-4 record and inability to beat Ohio State and Michigan State. 

14 hours ago, BIG8forever said:

they have been, it is been going for over 150 years and yeah the nation has been following college football religiously for 100 years, longer actually. The game represents the civil war, that is why it is so special to Americans.

You've already made quite an impression with your first 32 posts. 

p.s. someone needs to get this post to Nikki Haley, stat. 

• Haha 1

Well not to keep this game going but saw a stat about Michigan that related to Minnesota so I went back to look at their schedules and they were actually playing vs high school teams back then. Minnesota's first claimed titled they opened with a high school and also played a game vs a boarding school so high school aged kids. 

• Plus1 1
5 minutes ago, PasstheDamnBallGuy said:

Well not to keep this game going but saw a stat about Michigan that related to Minnesota so I went back to look at their schedules and they were actually playing vs high school teams back then. Minnesota's first claimed titled they opened with a high school and also played a game vs a boarding school so high school aged kids. 

Also, everyone who played in or even remembers Minnesota's last title is dead. 

• Plus1 1
21 minutes ago, runningblind said:

Wondering in the wilderness sounds like a great time :lol:

lol.... sounds like a great time and also an apt description for browsing this board in the offseason post signing day and before spring ball 

I also just realized I meant to say wandering, not wondering lolol.  I'll chalk it up to not having my first cup of coffee in me

• Oh Yeah! 1