Most miles you ever put on a car?

10 hours ago, GSG said:

1985 Toyota SR5 Xtra Cab

Basically a Tacoma

https://www.motortrend.com/news/1985-toyota-sr-5-xtra-cab-marty-mcfly-back-to-the-future-mecum-auction

My parents got 2000 4Runner. I ended up buying it from them later on. It was pushing 200k miles before our black ice rollover accident a few years ago

Omygosh those trucks were beautiful and hard core bad a$$.  I'm envious!

Back in high school, there was a super rich, thin redhead Senior girl that drove one.  She had the 2nd biggest missile titties in school.  Her, her younger sister, and yours truly ditched school one day to be extras in a cheesy movie that was being shot 20 miles away.  Only I got casted for whatever reason to say a line before the lead actors walked into a country store in the woods.  My GF at the time (black girl) was not happy about it (me riding with them)

I loved that truck.

By the way, she had the 2nd biggest chest in HS, only because the biggest was her little sister who was a sophomore.  I forget about the s#!t, even though it was fun times.  My HS was 40% black, 40% white and 20% hispanic.

Sorry for derail, carry on!

On 1/31/2024 at 9:31 AM, teachercd said:

GMC trucks?  thoughts?

I didn't care much for the GMC Sierra that hit my old car and totaled it and left me with a gimpy foot.

On 1/31/2024 at 7:04 AM, BigRedBuster said:

I just bought my first Toyota.  It's a Tundra 1794 edition TDR Off Road.  I love it.  I hope it goes a lot of miles.

Nice!  I got my first truck last April, a platinum Tundra.   I plan to drive it until it dies also hopefully. 

• Oh Yeah! 1

I think my first two cars both met their ends at like 120 or 130k. IIRC the first one was kinda high mileage when I bought it, lasted four or five years and then blew a head gasket. Second car was a 1998 Mazda Protege, I wanna say it had just under 50k when I bought it. Great car for what it was, had it twelve years and never had to do anything to it that cost over $100. Paid $3850 for it, and when it was wrecked (see above) the insurance company cut me a check for $2500. So that might have been about the best $1350 I've ever spent. Current car is a 2011 Audi A4, got it like nine years ago with 40k miles, and it's about to hit 100k. It has high oil consumption (which I knew was a common problem when I bought it), but otherwise it's been solid.

Thinking back, it's kinda funny: there's been times in my life when I did a typical amount of driving, and others when I've hardly done any driving. So my overall average miles per year has ended up fairly low.

• Plus1 1