Nebrasketball vs Wisconsin

31 minutes ago, SouthLincoln Husker said:

Winning on the road in the big 10 is tough.

Last I heard, the B1G is the hardest conference to win on the road.  Not sure if that is a product of really great home environments or just really mediocre teams (or some combination).

• Worth a Look 1
18 minutes ago, ECisGod said:

Last I heard, the B1G is the hardest conference to win on the road.  Not sure if that is a product of really great home environments or just really mediocre teams (or some combination).

I think it's this.  The B1G has good basketball fans that show up.  Then, once we have the reputation that it's hard to win on the road, it becomes self fulfilling with the players.

• TBH 1

2 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

I think it's this.  The B1G has good basketball fans that show up.  Then, once we have the reputation that it's hard to win on the road, it becomes self fulfilling with the players.

I agree to some extent.  There are some GREAT home environments in the B1G (PBA, Mackey Arena, The RAC - no I won't call it by its corporate booster name), but there are some pretty crappy ones too (Bryce Jordan, Schottenstein Center, Crisler Arena).

29 minutes ago, ECisGod said:

I agree to some extent.  There are some GREAT home environments in the B1G (PBA, Mackey Arena, The RAC - no I won't call it by its corporate booster name), but there are some pretty crappy ones too (Bryce Jordan, Schottenstein Center, Crisler Arena).

But, I think that's where the player psyche comes in.  I think it gets in their heads that it's very difficult to win on the road and it affects their play.

• Plus1 1

Wisconsin fans crying about the refs is just hilarious to me. They had one of the dirtiest, scummiest players for 5 years who got away with murder. They don't get to talk about the refs for a least a decade lol

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, GSG said:

Wisconsin fans crying about the refs is just hilarious to me. They had one of the dirtiest, scummiest players for 5 years who got away with murder. They don't get to talk about the refs for a least a decade lol

Their coach directly addressed this after the game in his press conference (fouls called on NU in the second half). Bottom line, they spent the entire second half on the perimeter and didn't attack enough/play through he post like they did that prevented foul opportunities like in the first half.

Then you have a general incompetency of the refs in general.

13 hours ago, whateveritis1224 said:

Their coach directly addressed this after the game in his press conference (fouls called on NU in the second half). Bottom line, they spent the entire second half on the perimeter and didn't attack enough/play through he post like they did that prevented foul opportunities like in the first half.

Then you have a general incompetency of the refs in general.

Hoiberg wasn’t happy either and in the ears of refs quite often. Very slow/delayed whistles.