Now that we are past Usher, who should be next?  Next year's in Nola, then it goes NoCal, SoCal. It seems like we are in the stage of artists that were big in the 90s getting their shot for the SB, and we haven't had a 'country' artist in a while (if ever) but I think for Nola, maybe a Garth Brooks or Carrie Underwood halftime would be highly liked. Maybe if the NFL wants to trigger the right some more, go with T.Swift.  :lol:

If they go back to rock maybe a Bon Jovi of a Def Leppard doing medleys of their hits. If they keep on the RB/Hip hop focus, maybe try and get an Outkast to come back together. 

Who say you? Who should do the halftime next year?  I would personally like someone a little more contemporary, but the NFL doesn't seem to do that with the halftime act.

• Plus1 2

4 hours ago, Madcows said:

Now that we are past Usher, who should be next?  Next year's in Nola, then it goes NoCal, SoCal. It seems like we are in the stage of artists that were big in the 90s getting their shot for the SB, and we haven't had a 'country' artist in a while (if ever) but I think for Nola, maybe a Garth Brooks or Carrie Underwood halftime would be highly liked. Maybe if the NFL wants to trigger the right some more, go with T.Swift.  :lol:

If they go back to rock maybe a Bon Jovi of a Def Leppard doing medleys of their hits. If they keep on the RB/Hip hop focus, maybe try and get an Outkast to come back together. 

Who say you? Who should do the halftime next year?  I would personally like someone a little more contemporary, but the NFL doesn't seem to do that with the halftime act.

Apparently Metallica wanted to but the NFL wasn't interested. Foo Fighters would be good if they let them play live. I feel Kelly Clarkson has enough hits. I found Usher to be super boring. The best one so far has been Bruno Mars IMO. He has upbeat music and is one of the better performers out there. Swift has enough hits and I think I read she's been asked multiple times. 

Maybe Miley Cyrus... she does country covers sometimes. She could mix that in with her pop stuff.

11 hours ago, knapplc said:

Just replay Prince's epic performance until the sun esplodes and we all become stardust. Nothing will ever top him.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-WYYlRArn3g

YT won't let me embed this. Just go watch.

Prince is my #2, I LOVED the Dre, Snoop one. The Chronic was on constant repeat from my senior year of HS through at least my freshman year of college. Such fond memories, so that's #1. For Prince's performance, I was a little bit more than slightly inebriated and I don't remember it live. But have watched it multiple times since and it's phenomenal.

11 hours ago, Moiraine said:

Apparently Metallica wanted to but the NFL wasn't interested. Foo Fighters would be good if they let them play live. I feel Kelly Clarkson has enough hits. I found Usher to be super boring. The best one so far has been Bruno Mars IMO. He has upbeat music and is one of the better performers out there. Swift has enough hits and I think I read she's been asked multiple times. 

Maybe Miley Cyrus... she does country covers sometimes. She could mix that in with her pop stuff.

Metallica would be epic, and Foo is amazing. I would love both of these acts, and they both have enough hits to make it a great show without tracks that only die-hard fans would know.

My wife said Kelly Clarkson, I don't think I know any of her songs. I'm sure I do know her songs, but I don't associate them with her.

I agree, Usher was boring. And I only recognized Yeah with Luda. My Twitter feed was saying how this was the best ever, so clearly he played some of his big hits, I just knew none of them, didn't even recognize them.

I always find it interesting how people get so worked up about the halftime show.  The NFL has been doing these for a very long time and, quite frankly, it's almost impossible to get something amazing and unique that is going to appeal to everyone.  So...kick back and enjoy it.  If it's not your type of music, get up, go get something to eat, go to the bathroom, get another drink and then sit down to watch the second half.

Honestly, I didn't even watch this one.  Most are going to be similar to this.  Every once in a while, you're going to get something great like Prince.  But, if not...no big deal.

• TBH 2
35 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

I always find it interesting how people get so worked up about the halftime show.  The NFL has been doing these for a very long time and, quite frankly, it's almost impossible to get something amazing and unique that is going to appeal to everyone.  So...kick back and enjoy it.  If it's not your type of music, get up, go get something to eat, go to the bathroom, get another drink and then sit down to watch the second half.

Honestly, I didn't even watch this one.  Most are going to be similar to this.  Every once in a while, you're going to get something great like Prince.  But, if not...no big deal.

Yeah, a bit this. The folks at our party had never heard any of the songs he did, but honestly, we're a different generation than his target audience.

I will say the overall production was cool, and I was especially impressed with the skating/dancing. That could have been a disaster and it looked effortless. 

31 minutes ago, Crusader Husker said:

I realized a while ago I am no longer a target demographic for anything except AARP ads and depends commercials.  I really could care less about the HT show.  It is a time to load up on food and go to the bathroom.

Now, get off of my lawn!!!

Preventing Common Spring Lawn Diseases

OK. But your lawn looks like sh!! anyway.

• Haha 2
2 hours ago, Crusader Husker said:

I realized a while ago I am no longer a target demographic for anything except AARP ads and depends commercials.  I really could care less about the HT show.  It is a time to load up on food and go to the bathroom.

Now, get off of my lawn!!!

Pretty much this. Although I was looking forward to Usher. I’ve got 4 or 5 of his songs in my library and was expecting to enjoy it. Not so much tho. His first 4 songs tuned me out. Yeah and OMG are great songs but the OMG blurb was very brief and Yeah doesn’t sound near as good unless you have it on 11 with a good sub thumping.

On 2/13/2024 at 12:14 PM, JJ Husker said:

Pretty much this. Although I was looking forward to Usher. I’ve got 4 or 5 of his songs in my library and was expecting to enjoy it. Not so much tho. His first 4 songs tuned me out. Yeah and OMG are great songs but the OMG blurb was very brief and Yeah doesn’t sound near as good unless you have it on 11 with a good sub thumping.

But at least he took his shirt(s) off for you...

• Haha 2
  • Oh Yeah! 1