Signing Day Moving Earlier in December - Before Transfer Portal Opens; And Maybe June?

I’d like to poll 25 coaches in the power 5, anonymously, and get their take on how these rule changes affect them generally. And specifically how the ever-changing rules are hard or easy to keep up with. It seems every couple or few months there are major changes to recruiting, portal, signing, NIL, etc that they have to try and be compliant with. 

that would be an interesting article a real journalist should tackle. 

edit:  20 power 5 and 5 non power 5 coaches. The non power 5 coaches are probably even more stuck 

3 hours ago, I am I said:

I’d like to poll 25 coaches in the power 5, anonymously, and get their take on how these rule changes affect them generally. And specifically how the ever-changing rules are hard or easy to keep up with. It seems every couple or few months there are major changes to recruiting, portal, signing, NIL, etc that they have to try and be compliant with. 

that would be an interesting article a real journalist should tackle. 

edit:  20 power 5 and 5 non power 5 coaches. The non power 5 coaches are probably even more stuck 

I would guess most would be in favor of a summer signing period.  Lock recruits in and you don't have to worry about them flipping during the season.

And the coaches are the ones that asked for the earlier signing period in December.  They don't want to deal with HS and portal recruiting going on concurrently.

I think it should be an open window from the time a kid finishes his Junior year indefinitely.  Leave a clause that they are allowed to back out in the event of a head coach or position coach change happens at the school they are committed to.  

• Plus1 2

And maybe one in June.

June seems pretty early but I think it makes a lot of sense to have one in the summer.  As long as they get an out for a coaching change.

I personally think one in late July/early August and then one if February makes the most sense.  That lets transfer portal activities happen in December then finish up high school recruiting in January.

GHbspbHXoAEmS7k?format=png&name=900x900

GHbs2WBWIAAWzhG?format=png&name=900x900

• Mavric changed the title to Signing Day Moving Earlier in December - Before Transfer Portal Opens; And Maybe June?
2 hours ago, Mavric said:

And maybe one in June.

June seems pretty early but I think it makes a lot of sense to have one in the summer.  As long as they get an out for a coaching change.

I personally think one in late July/early August and then one if February makes the most sense.  That lets transfer portal activities happen in December then finish up high school recruiting in January.

GHbspbHXoAEmS7k?format=png&name=900x900

GHbs2WBWIAAWzhG?format=png&name=900x900

Assuming coaches want one end of June so they can actually have a couple weeks off in early July before ramping up for fall camp.  

• Plus1 1

• 4 weeks later...