Trev to A&M

I think he's a good guy. He said in November there is no place he'd rather be. He was compensated well...#2 B1G...and signed an extension.

I think there is some dark doings above Trev's head and he got while the getting was good

• Plus1 1

46 minutes ago, DevoHusker said:

I think he's a good guy. He said in November there is no place he'd rather be. He was compensated well...#2 B1G...and signed an extension.

I think there is some dark doings above Trev's head and he got while the getting was good

I disagree, and he has proven that what he said 4 months ago is bullcrap.

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 3
  • Fire 1
  • Worth a Look 1

is it possible he just wanted more money and using lack of a president as an excuse to leave without looking like 'the bad guy'?

maybe he doesn't see the football team doing good in the new look big ten and just decided this was his chance to make another move.

it's just a theory but it makes sense. pederson/eichrost/moos all lasted 5 years and trev is in year 4, so maybe he didn't want to be the next fall guy and ruin his legacy here.

bottom line is money talks, and A&M has a lot of it. and its worth noting he'll save 7% per year in state income taxes in texas.

• Haha 3
1 hour ago, BoSolich said:

is it possible he just wanted more money and using lack of a president as an excuse to leave without looking like 'the bad guy'?

maybe he doesn't see the football team doing good in the new look big ten and just decided this was his chance to make another move.

it's just a theory but it makes sense. pederson/eichrost/moos all lasted 5 years and trev is in year 4, so maybe he didn't want to be the next fall guy and ruin his legacy here.

bottom line is money talks, and A&M has a lot of it. and its worth noting he'll save 7% per year in state income taxes in texas.

• TBH 8

5 hours ago, BoSolich said:

Except that property taxes are ~30% higher down there. I know this first hand, as I’m doing a LOT better with taxes up here than I was in Texas. 

People need to drop the myth that by not having state income tax Texas is some great Tax shelter. If you own any property you pay substantially for it. Plus let’s not overlook the 8.25% state sales tax (which is higher in certain cities). And add to the fact that property valuations are skyrocketing and while there’s a 10% cap, your valuation can change every year (opposed to every two years in NE), property owners are guaranteed a 10% increase in valuation EVERY YEAR…likely for the next decade or two until valuations catch up to actual values. 

Now car renewal taxes…those are the only taxes in NE I find to be ridiculously excessive. 

• Plus1 3
  • Worth a Look 1
12 minutes ago, VectorVictor said:

Why? This is exactly what Pillen, Ricketts, and the Peed family want. They want an unstable University they can dismantle, and leaving it rudderless and in the hands of incompetent lackeys on the BoR helps their cause. 

Frankly, a lot of Nebraska voters that *supposedly* love Husker athletics and the University need to realize that voting for the current (read: non-moderate) GOP candidates means undermining the University and its mission, which includes athletics.

Also, it’s not a coincidence that some of the best runs the University *and* this state had is when we had moderate leadership at the helm, and not the incompetence we have now at Governor. 

Elections have consequences. 

I know.  I’m just so frustrated about this. 

• Plus1 1