USA Today: Unlike Deion, Rhule Prolific In Off-Campus Recruiting

Rhule learned last year that even vague, tangential statements will be used by Colorado as rage fuel, so he made a point not to give the reporter anything.

The whole gist of the article is manipulative.  It was pretty obvious the reporter was trying to drum up controversy.

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
  • TBH 3
  • Worth a Look 1
4 hours ago, knapplc said:

Rhule learned last year that even vague, tangential statements will be used by Colorado as rage fuel, so he made a point not to give the reporter anything.

The whole gist of the article is manipulative.  It was pretty obvious the reporter was trying to drum up controversy.

Yes, it was. The reporter was looking for click bait and Rhule gave him nothing. That being said, I did like how the reporter highlighted Rhule's commitment to forging strong relationships with high schools and their head coaches. He's going about it the right way, as opposed to Sanders.

Everyone knows Sanders MO at recruiting. 

I wonder if Rhule is exceptional at his MO or if they could have picked anyone else to be the antagonist v Sanders?  It’s cool they profiled N v CU since we are rivals and gave Rhule the pub. 

21 hours ago, gobiggergoredder said:

How is this even possible?

His Louis is too valuable to carry around on mere recruiting trips.

• Haha 2
10 hours ago, I am I said:

Everyone knows Sanders MO at recruiting. 

I wonder if Rhule is exceptional at his MO or if they could have picked anyone else to be the antagonist v Sanders?  It’s cool they profiled N v CU since we are rivals and gave Rhule the pub. 

I've never considered CU one of our rivals, but maybe that's just me.

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • TBH 1
6 hours ago, LennynSquiggy said:

Conf realignment killing natural rivalries aside, CU def was one of our rivals. I, for one, am sad we don't play more often.  Really from the late 80s until the 00's, colorado was consistently our biggest opponent in terms of division matchup, caliber of team and proximity.  The fan bases genuinely despised one another and they brought out the worst in us.  Its really era based, Big8 days was OU, big12 days was mainly colorado, bigten has been a forced iowa rivalrly that is starting to improve.  

TL/DR: CU def one of our rivals, but not really anymore if we dont play ever

• Plus1 2

13 hours ago, LennynSquiggy said:

I didn't either until Bill McCartney declared it a blood feud. F CU. F Bill McCartney, and F everyone that looks like him.

• Plus1 2
  • Oh Yeah! 3
On 4/25/2024 at 11:35 PM, Pedro G said:

I will be the first to admit I’m wrong. But I’m just not seeing the continuity in development with relying on transfers — especially if Coach Prime losses a lot in the portal. But what do I know. :lol:

Basically, Deion's method only can work if there is only one Deion.  At some point someone has to take and develop players out of high school...

• TBH 1