OG Trevor Robinson

Eric the Red

If he's visiting ND, then a decommit is almost a guarantee. I've heard Weiss has some rule about not allowing kids committed to another program to visit his.

Hearing a couple rumors going around.

The first is that Trevor was concerned that we continued to offer other O line candidates after he committed. Wether the staff promised they wouldn't or Trevor just expected it is unknown, if this is indeed true.

Another is a sort of read between lines from a Sean Callahan interview. He told Sean he hasn't decommitted or set up dates to visit ND or Mich, but that his father may have set them up and not told him yet. This is fueling some thought that the father is the one behind this, and for some reason or another trying to push Trevor to ND or UM.

See post #66. Robinson said himself he was told that Nebraska would take 5 linemen in the class.

His father may be pushing him into the other visits but hopefully Robinson can make the decision on his own.

C'mon guys, don't get down on this guy. He's still a Husker until he decommits. And there's nothing wrong with a HS kid for not knowing what to do with his future. Can you honestly blame him? We're worried about our recruiting class rankings, but to put things into perspective, his future is more important. He needs to figure out if this is the right place for him, and if it's not, then he needs to go somewhere where he will thrive. No need to speculate without any base about his father.

C'mon guys, don't get down on this guy. He's still a Husker until he decommits. And there's nothing wrong with a HS kid for not knowing what to do with his future. Can you honestly blame him? We're worried about our recruiting class rankings, but to put things into perspective, his future is more important. He needs to figure out if this is the right place for him, and if it's not, then he needs to go somewhere where he will thrive. No need to speculate without any base about his father.

But there is a base. The base is that TR said his father may have set up visits without telling him. To me that shows that his father is interested in visiting other schools. Pretty simple. I'm not dogging on his father or anything, just going off of what I've read.

Also, I've always taken the view of "soft" commits and de-commits, if they're not sure they want to come to Nebraska, I really don't think they should come.

I agree. Some soft commits have come through but its still not saying anything more than I like you now but that could change at any moment.

I think it's a little extreme to compare this to Freeman or the 2 guys from last year because if he isn't sure about his commit he's doing it before the season or school has even started, not the last week.

I still think he's a husker after Gabbert talks to him a bit and he takes the visits to ND and Michigan and realizes how special of a program he has right here in his home state.

NU is going to be playing for a NC in the next 4-5 years, ND is still going to suck, and UM will be rebuilding after Carr gets fired for not being able to beat OSU

:yeah

No way I see Robinson de-committing. The Huskers are on the verge and have great momentum. The honeymoon is over for Weiss and Carr is one foot out the door. This kid is an in-state kid with the chance to be part of a great and special O-Line. You don't pass opportunities like that up. Playing on the offensive line for Nebraska for an in-state kid...it doesn't get any better than that. I am not concerend about his alleged visits...would not be surprised if he skips Meechicken.

:power

NU is going to be playing for a NC in the next 4-5 years, ND is still going to suck, and UM will be rebuilding after Carr gets fired for not being able to beat OSU

:yeah

No way I see Robinson de-committing. The Huskers are on the verge and have great momentum. The honeymoon is over for Weiss and Carr is one foot out the door. This kid is an in-state kid with the chance to be part of a great and special O-Line. You don't pass opportunities like that up. Playing on the offensive line for Nebraska for an in-state kid...it doesn't get any better than that. I am not concerend about his alleged visits...would not be surprised if he skips Meechicken.

:power

I really really hope your right and I am way wrong here.

an article from LJS

NU recruit to visit Michigan, Notre Dame

By STEVEN M. SIPPLE / Lincoln Journal Star

Tuesday, Jul 10, 2007 - 08:37:56 pm CDT

Trevor Robinson

Oh, it sounds harmless enough.

“We are going for a drive, and that’s all it is right now,” said Wade Robinson, father of touted Nebraska football recruit Trevor Robinson.

The Robinsons’ plans for a long drive later this week created a stir Tuesday among Husker fans, at least those on Internet message boards and blogs. Unease and even consternation occurred because Trevor Robinson, a 6-foot-6, 305-pound offensive lineman, revealed that he will again visit the campuses of Notre Dame and Michigan.

A senior-to-be at Elkhorn High School, Robinson verbally committed to Nebraska on April 7 after making previous visits to Ann Arbor, Mich., and South Bend, Ind. Robinson remains verbally committed to Nebraska, his father said.

Advertisement

“We’re simply looking to make sure of Trevor’s decision being 110 percent,” said the elder Robinson, associate vice chancellor for student affairs at Nebraska-Omaha. “What we’re looking at is three tremendous football programs and three tremendous coaching staffs.

“So, what does the college selection process come down to? It may be the academic quality of the institution and the social environment. As a player’s dad, you want to be sure they really like what they’re doing and that they’re 100 percent with the decision. It doesn’t mean he’s not 100 percent (toward Nebraska); it’s just that this is the time of year that it makes sense to look around a little and understand what’s the best fit as a total college experience.

“This is all on our dime, on our time,” he added. “This is just how we’re approaching the process.”

Trevor Robinson has visited Michigan twice and Notre Dame at least three times, his father said. When Trevor verbally committed to Nebraska in April, he said, “The big thing is, Nebraska’s close to home. There’s nothing I can do footballwise at those other places that I can’t do at Nebraska.”

Robinson’s father said he preferred that media leave his son alone as the player continues the process of making a complex decision. Verbal commitments don’t become binding until the first week of February, when recruits sign national letters of intent. The younger Robinson wants to have his decision nailed down before school begins next month.

Robinson, rated No. 3 nationally among high school guards by both Rivals.com and Scout.com, is among five offensive linemen in Nebraska’s 2008 recruiting class, which currently features 14 players overall.

The elder Robinson said he regards this weekend’s trip to Notre Dame and Michigan as “one final look” at the two programs.

“If people don’t think we’ve wrestled with this decision in unbelievable ways, they’re wrong,” he said. “It’s about selecting a college, as well as a football program, and that’s a complex process for anybody. It’s just something we’re doing, and that’s where I want to leave it right now.”

sounds to me like Dad might be in on this more than we know

Of course as a fan, I would prefer he would come to NU, but there's nothing really wrong with what they are doing, except maybe father and son should had waited before making the commitment. On the other hand, it's only July, and it would be a lot worse it this was January. So I don't have an issue with them. Robinson and Freeman is like comparing apples to oranges.

Begining to wonder if it's more the dad that's having second thoughts or not 110% than it is Trevor.

It almost seems like they are making the process harder than it needs to be though. He's already been to ND at least three times... what's he gonna learn on his fourth trip that he didn't find out in his first three? Similarly so with Michigan.

I think they are looking at it wrong too. They seem to be acting like they are afraid of screwing up with his choice, when in reality they can't go wrong choosing between NU, UM and ND.

Imo, the father is doing the exact opposite of what needs to be done here. He should be sitting his boy down and telling him, "look, you've been to all these places. There's no point in going back and looking at something you've already seen multiple times. It's time to make a decision. If you're happy with NU, great. If not, you need to say so now and get it over and done with." Instead he's emracing a course of action that is turning this into a circus. And that's mostly what i have a problem with.