OG Trevor Robinson

Eric the Red

• 2 weeks later...

While I wish Robinson the best at Notre Dame, yesterday I was talking with an in-law that is an assistant on one of the teams Robinson played each of the past three years. He admitted he was less than impressed with Robinson and was surprised Nebraska was pursuing him.

From what I saw of him, he looked kind of lazy, but who knows. I am sure it gets boring dominating your opponent every single play. I am sure wherever he goes, they will whip him into shape or he won't be playing football long. Blaine Gabbert was less than impressive in his high school career, but he had schools falling all over him. It's getting to be like the NBA, drafting based upon potential rather than performance.

I will admit I wouldn't be saying this if he was still a NU commit but I think Callahan friendship with Rivals and their rankings had to do why they went after him really hard and then, (not knowing how much Bo did go after him) Bo wanted to keep the Nebraska pipeline going so he kept the pursuit going

TREVORROBINSON07N10150.JPGMamaCassElliot-MamasBigOnesTheBestO.jpgMama Cass Eliot

(Early start to the ND lookalike thread)

I hope Nebraska and ND get their programs back on track fast. That's the way college football should be. Traditional powerhouse programs going head to head in classic games, not these Hawaii and Illinois teams who shouldn't be in BCS games.

At the same time I'm surprised at how bad you guys are treating Trev. I know he grew up in N and originally committed to the Huskers, but put yourself in the 18 year-old kid's shoes. The program is in a transition phase.It was reported that fans at games were yelling profanities at players. And apparently NU posters (whether on this site or others I am unsure) were blasting Trev's Dad for "supposedly" being the one to encourage his son to re-think his decision.

I know Husker fans live and die for big red but just think for a second what it's like in the kid's shoes. The team had a pretty disappointing year, the coach was fired, and the future is better with Polini but nothing is gauranteed. On top of that the current recruiting class has fallen apart because of the whole situation. Trev knows what he is getting himself into at ND and is joining the best recruiting class in the country.

We ND fans find ourselves in the same situation right now with Omar Hunter because he is visiting Florida in a few weeks, which goes against Charlie's policy for ND commits. On three ND recruiting websites I see posters worried, concerned, PISSSED at meyer the liar for poaching one of our guys again, and hoping Omar realizes that ND is the place for him. His coach says his visiting Florida is becuase of the weather and being closer to his parents. But I don't see anyone ripping Omar or his coach or his parents. Let the kid make his decision. If he wants to go somewhere else, best of lucky to you unless you play against us. Are we going to be happy about it? No, but what can we control? Nothing. If you know you want to be a part of our program, we are here with open arms.

TREVORROBINSON07N10150.JPGMamaCassElliot-MamasBigOnesTheBestO.jpgMama Cass Eliot

I hope Nebraska and ND get their programs back on track fast. That's the way college football should be. Traditional powerhouse programs going head to head in classic games, not these Hawaii and Illinois teams who shouldn't be in BCS games.

At the same time I'm surprised at how bad you guys are treating Trev. I know he grew up in N and originally committed to the Huskers, but put yourself in the 18 year-old kid's shoes. The program is in a transition phase.It was reported that fans at games were yelling profanities at players. And apparently NU posters (whether on this site or others I am unsure) were blasting Trev's Dad for "supposedly" being the one to encourage his son to re-think his decision.

I know Husker fans live and die for big red but just think for a second what it's like in the kid's shoes. The team had a pretty disappointing year, the coach was fired, and the future is better with Polini but nothing is gauranteed. On top of that the current recruiting class has fallen apart because of the whole situation. Trev knows what he is getting himself into at ND and is joining the best recruiting class in the country.

We ND fans find ourselves in the same situation right now with Omar Hunter because he is visiting Florida in a few weeks, which goes against Charlie's policy for ND commits. On three ND recruiting websites I see posters worried, concerned, PISSSED at meyer the liar for poaching one of our guys again, and hoping Omar realizes that ND is the place for him. His coach says his visiting Florida is becuase of the weather and being closer to his parents. But I don't see anyone ripping Omar or his coach or his parents. Let the kid make his decision. If he wants to go somewhere else, best of lucky to you unless you play against us. Are we going to be happy about it? No, but what can we control? Nothing. If you know you want to be a part of our program, we are here with open arms.

:thumbs:yeah

wish Robinson luck.... it's ridiculous how some people treat kids on these boards. There is more to life than husker football.

I certainly don't wish TR ill will, but "wish him luck"? Uh, sorry, he's going to ND. I certainly don't wish he suffers any grueling injury or anything but I certainly do not wish him luck. When he committed to ND, he became just like any other kid who would commit to any other school regardless of whether the kid is from Nebraska or not. If anything, I hope ND never wins a game in the next four years. Just because I don't gush all over this kid and hope he someday wins the Outland doesn't make me a dirtbag. I'm just not going to root for anyone who de-commits from NU and goes somewhere else.

FYI

I agree. I can understand why he decommited from NU with all of the uncertainty and transition we are going through. I understand he wants to go play for someone who took the Patriots to 3 Super Bowls. He wants to join the #1 recruiting class in the nation and win a National Championship.

I could never choose another school other than Nebraska if I had the chance to play here. I don't care if we went 0-11 the year before and USC, Florida, Ohio State, etc were coming after me. I'd choose Nebraska.

I UNDERSTAND why other kids would want to go somewhere else. But don't ask any of us to wish a Nebraska native luck when he abandons his state.

If he doesn't want to be a part of this program. Fine by us, his loss. We understand. We don't need the guys who don't want to play for us. We obviously don't want to wish bad upon anyone. But we're not going to say good luck. We're going to say, "Hopefully we get to line up against you sometime."

Sorry about that last one. I just think mama cass is sllll hot!!!! On a serious note :sarcasm How dare an 18 yr old kid go against mighty Charlies recruiting rules! Your post was somewhat hippocritical because you say its ok for kids to have a change of heart as ling as its not from ND to another school :wtf Im still not sure whats going on in South Bend, but hopefully around here kids will start to want to come back & play for Pelini instead of Mrs. "Doubtfire. I wonder why Duke doesnt have a better recruiting class? They go 1-10 every year :ahhhhhhhh

I agree. I can understand why he decommited from NU with all of the uncertainty and transition we are going through. I understand he wants to go play for someone who took the Patriots to 3 Super Bowls. He wants to join the #1 recruiting class in the nation and win a National Championship.

I could never choose another school other than Nebraska if I had the chance to play here. I don't care if we went 0-11 the year before and USC, Florida, Ohio State, etc were coming after me. I'd choose Nebraska.

I UNDERSTAND why other kids would want to go somewhere else. But don't ask any of us to wish a Nebraska native luck when he abandons his state.

If he doesn't want to be a part of this program. Fine by us, his loss. We understand. We don't need the guys who don't want to play for us. We obviously don't want to wish bad upon anyone. But we're not going to say good luck. We're going to say, "Hopefully we get to line up against you sometime."

All the points you guys noted above are understandable. You guys are as passionate about NU as people like myself are about ND. Nebraska kids grow up loving NU. Some kids grow up watching and loving ND. I just didn't udnerstand why some NU fans were ripping his Dad when Trevor re-opened his recruitment. It's not like the family give the middle finger to NU. He was just re-evaluating each situation and visited Michigan and ND again. He even welcomed Osbourne into his home for a visit. And now all the personal attacks on the 18 year-old for picking ND.

As far as the difference between saying "good luck" and "I hope nothing bad happens to you", husker fans and irish fans have common ground. I personally,as noted before, would like to see NU return to the glory days. I also wish the same for my Irish. If a kid commits to ND and goes somewhere else we have the same motto of "your loss, we'll find someone else who wants to be a Domer." I don't necessarily wish the best of luck to his team, but say hey alright buddy sorry you aren't ND and I hope you're happy with your decision.

Look at Arrelious Benn, the WR that Zook got. He was a silent verbal to Charlie Weis until he jumped ship and went to Illinois. Looks like he made a pretty good decision based on his freshman year. Do we wish he were at ND? Hell yeah, but ND posters blasting him and tearing him apart on a recruiting forum does no good for anyone.

freakin pathetic. wish him luck.... and in case you didn't notice the first time

THERE IS MORE TO LIFE THAN FOOTBALL....

I will not be following him anymore, he made his choice..... i hope for his personal success wherever he goes.... not just on the field, but off the field. get real....seriously.

freakin pathetic. wish him luck.... and in case you didn't notice the first time

THERE IS MORE TO LIFE THAN FOOTBALL....

I will not be following him anymore, he made his choice..... i hope for his personal success wherever he goes.... not just on the field, but off the field. get real....seriously.

Whatever, I hope ND loses every game (no different than any other year really). Ok, how about this...

TR, I hope you graduate with a nice degree from UND. Sorry man, that's the best I can do.

LOL

• 3 weeks later...