OG Trevor Robinson

Eric the Red

bullsh#t, his old man ragged on him enough he comitted to ND. it's ok, let him go. he just isn't a Nebraska kid at heart. give me a 2-3 star home grown kid that would cut his arm off to play for us.

I don't get all these stupid "I don't want him here if he doesn't want to play for Nebraska" arguments. If Robinson comes here, he'll play hard. If he isn't a Nebraska kid at at heart, he won't come here.

I want him here if he's good, period.

callahan never got it either.

Elkhorn standout Robinson commits to Notre Dame

By BRIAN CHRISTOPHERSON / Lincoln Journal Star

Friday, Dec 14, 2007 - 05:50:12 pm CST

Victories weren’t easy for Charlie Weis to find on the football field this year, but the Notre Dame coach is getting his share off of it.

The Irish have plucked an offensive lineman out of the Huskers’ backyard.

Elkhorn senior Trevor Robinson, 6-foot-6 and 305 pounds, committed to Notre Dame on Thursday night.

He becomes the second prep player this year to pick the Irish after initially committing to Nebraska. Running back Jonas Gray made the same move earlier this fall.

Those are some good recruiting wins for a program coming off a 3-9 season.

Robinson’s mother, Vicki, said “I think (Trevor) just felt comfortable there.”

Robinson committed to Nebraska on April 7, but continued to show interest in Notre Dame and Michigan.

He visited Notre Dame’s campus in South Bend, Ind., on multiple occasions.

“We’re simply looking to make sure of Trevor’s decision being 110 percent,” said Wade Robinson, associate vice chancellor for student affairs at Nebraska-Omaha, in July. “What we’re looking at is three tremendous football programs and three tremendous coaching staffs.”

Of course, Nebraska’s staff changed plenty since those summer days. A 5-7 football season led to the firing of Bill Callahan.

Bo Pelini was hired to replace him on Dec. 2.

Vicki Robinson said she thinks Pelini left a good impression on her son, but that Trevor just had stronger relationships with Notre Dame coaches.

“I think he had real positive attitude toward Coach Pelini, but he hadn’t been here long enough to develop a real friendship,” she said. “But I think he liked him.”

I wonder if his dad will fly into Notre Dumb every time the kid needs his butt whiped! His mother's comment about “I think he had real positive attitude toward Coach Pelini, but he hadn’t been here long enough to develop a real friendship,” . Really?! Really??!! So now we have to pamper these recruits and make sure the HC makes them feel all warm and fuzzy inside? GOOD GOD what has recruiting come to nowadays! I understand respecting and liking your coach, but to say that a kid needs to "develop a real friendship" with a HC? Sounds like some of these recruits nowadays need to take the tit out of their mouths and become MEN! My have the times changed.

:yeah I say Good riddance! You dont wanna be a husker? Fine! I think he chose Notre Dame because Charlie Weis's man boobs most resemble his mommys & he could suckle on them when he feels homesick. Bye Trevor. At least we can watch him every week on nbc getting beat by Navy, Air Force & The Coast Guard or whoever else they play. Have fun watching NU in the title game in a couple yrs from Charlies nursery

OK, this backlash against Trevor is totally unnecessary.

I'm a bit surprised and a bunch disappointed. But oh well - we'll fill our class, one way or another, and things will work out. Good luck at ND.

I have nothing against him personally, just tired of all these kids wanting the "royal treatment" eventhough they get offered a free education and many other benifits that other kids never get the chance to see!

FWI

It's nice to sew up all the instate recruits that have potential, but I agree with some who wouldn't be

that upset if TR went elsewhere. Going back to last year, I've never been sold on him as far as speed,

quickness, overall physique and aggressive football attitude. However, it's possible he could improve

in these areas and prove us wrong--but in the meantime I wouldn't consider him a big loss at all.

NUs recruiting efforts are better spent elsewhere as he projects to be a player that more precisely fits the mold of a Big 10/ND lineman. We need to recruit speed and explosiveness off the ball.

Didn't have much interest in him last year and have even less now--it's better to just forget about

him, there are still candidates out there who are as good and probably better. Sooo........

see yah and so long and good luck. :clap

It amazes me that even though NU has struggled as of late, these *great* recruits continue to self-destruct and commit themselves to complete gimp programs. Freeman? Gray? And now Robinson?!? Hilarious. I would say nothing if they were committing to LSU, USC, or OSU. But just the fact that they are sealing their fates with garbage tells me that Nebraska doesn't need that kind of stupidity on their team.

Good luck getting 12 wins for ND over your entire career, Robinson...and when you're selling garage-door openers in four years, look me up, I may need a new one. On second thought, no thanks. I'll find an illiterate crack-whore to do it. Gotta side with intelligence on that kind of decision.