Callahan?

The Raiders! :rollin:laughpound:rollin

Seriously, I don't think Callahan is going anywhere and we should be glad about that. Now that we have changed our entire program, we need to build consistency for years to come and I see us doing that. He is 50 years old and I can see him being here a long time and going out a Cornhusker with some national championships.

BLKSHIRTD Posted Today, 01:45 AM

What are the odds that callahans name comes up for any of the nfl jobs? If so where would you think that he would go? i Could see him probably going to the dolphins or to the cowboys. I dont want him to go anywhere it just a hypthetical question

I'm not sure that BC's phone will be ringing off the hook just yet, but the good thing is that when the NFL is calling it will mean that were back on top!

He isnt going anywhere. College jobs are actually better than many NFL jobs. More control, you can recruit players rather than have to use draft and free-agents. One off season usually doesnt get you fired(unless you are at alabama).

The people who want him gone, wont be happy with anyone as the head coach.

When he left the pros he had some of the old guard owners and GMs looking crosseyed at him. There were some issues. Al Davis practically had him blacklisted among some of his cronies around the league (refers to him as whaz hiz face these days). Plus many were not happy the U was ready to sue if they couldn't get Norvell from the Raiders. NFL owners don't like it when outside interests threaten lawsuits vs thier teams. Even if its Al Davis and the Raiders. Its going to take Pete Carroll type success to have teams interested in him. One thing for sure... he will have to get rid of the avg 5 loss a season thing or end up coaching Ohio or somebody.