QB Blaine Gabbert

Although I personally do not see why Gabbert is so caught up in a coaching change, his situation is nowhere close to Freeman.

Heck, I doubt any recruit could do what Freeman did to a school again. Although David Ross was right up there.

How do you figure? Rumors start to fly and he is all but ready to jump ship. Exactly how committed was he? Nothing wrong with having a back-up plan, but there have been no coaching changes and he is already wavering.

Freeman was never committed from the start of our season on. Not only that, but when the rumors began to fly he was wavering, he directly lied to the media and the coaches about his intentions. Weeks passed and everything began to get calm. Ron Prince was hired to coach KSU and began immediate contact with Freeman. Speculation ran afterwards that Freeman was promised the starting position if he came to KSU. Freeman took a visit to KSU (without telling our coaches) on the last weekend before the dead period that runs from around Christmas to the middle of January. Hours before this dead period started, Freeman text messages our coaches to tell them, "we're not coming, don't call back." This left our coaches with no possible way to contact Freeman back, because of the dead period. Remember, Freeman was an early enrollee as well.

So if you really want to compare THAT situation to Gabbert's, then I guess you have your own opinion. But Gabbert has seemingly been upfront and honest with our coaches the entire time.

Now if you want to compare situations to that of Seth Olsen or a Terrence Nunn during their recruitments, that would be A LOT more accurate.

Although I personally do not see why Gabbert is so caught up in a coaching change, his situation is nowhere close to Freeman.

Heck, I doubt any recruit could do what Freeman did to a school again. Although David Ross was right up there.

How do you figure? Rumors start to fly and he is all but ready to jump ship. Exactly how committed was he? Nothing wrong with having a back-up plan, but there have been no coaching changes and he is already wavering.

Freeman was never committed from the start of our season on. Not only that, but when the rumors began to fly he was wavering, he directly lied to the media and the coaches about his intentions. Weeks passed and everything began to get calm. Ron Prince was hired to coach KSU and began immediate contact with Freeman. Speculation ran afterwards that Freeman was promised the starting position if he came to KSU. Freeman took a visit to KSU (without telling our coaches) on the last weekend before the dead period that runs from around Christmas to the middle of January. Hours before this dead period started, Freeman text messages our coaches to tell them, "we're not coming, don't call back." This left our coaches with no possible way to contact Freeman back, because of the dead period. Remember, Freeman was an early enrollee as well.

So if you really want to compare THAT situation to Gabbert's, then I guess you have your own opinion. But Gabbert has seemingly been upfront and honest with our coaches the entire time.

Now if you want to compare situations to that of Seth Olsen or a Terrence Nunn during their recruitments, that would be A LOT more accurate.

I know the events that transpired with Freeman. My point is that a 17 year old's word isn't worth crap until the ink is dry. Gabbert even said he wasn't going to pull a Freeman, was 100% Husker, wasn't looking around, blah, blah. Why would a coaching change rumor IMMEDIATELY make you go from rock-solid to up in the air. If he was that sold on the University of Nebraska, it wouldn't matter who the coach was. Chances are if this didn't happen now, it'd happen before signing day. JMHO.

DJR, you and I are arguing the same things about Gabbert. If you have read the earlier posts in this thread, then you would have seen I said the same exact things. So why exactly are you debating with me?

It is just that you are making Gabbert out to be a total a-hole like Freeman, when those situations are not even closely related.

DJR, you and I are arguing the same things about Gabbert. If you have read the earlier posts in this thread, then you would have seen I said the same exact things. So why exactly are you debating with me?

It is just that you are making Gabbert out to be a total a-hole like Freeman, when those situations are not even closely related.

Forgive me for not reading every post, there are only 8 pages on this thread. :lol: Anyways, I am not saying Gabbert is an a-hole, or Freeman for that matter. Just 2 kids that don't/didn't know what they want to do tomorrow, let alone 4-5 years from now. I think it is funny that Gabbert poked fun at Freeman and essentially is doing the same thing(maybe going about it in a better way). I blame Freeman's dad for the way that was handled. You shouldn't allow a kid to approach a situation like that in that manner. My dad woulda kicked my ass had I done something like that.

Blaine has just positioned himself to pull a Freeman. Thought he wouldn't do that, oh wait he's 17 and changes his mind with how the wind blows.

Yea he even said he wouldn't pull a freeman on the radio right after he commited

different situation. no way cally is going to be here next year. but with the showing by MU today he is as good as gone.

The most-talked about guest at Missouri's 41-10 win over Texas Tech on Saturday was Parkway West quarterback Blaine Gabbert. The five-star prospect came to Columbia as a Nebraska commitment, and talks about where things are at after his visit.

Does anybody know anything new about Gabbert? I'm wondering if he is still 100% N ??

Jeremy Crabtree said he is probably going to Mizzou, that stinks I take back what I said before about him staying. I now will look at his struggling as him being a bad player and hope he doesn't do good as a tiger

Yeah Crabtree said Missouri came back into the picture with the thumping they gave us in Columbia. On his visit this weekend he's supposed to be spending alot of time with Chase Daniels.

I wonder if Chase Daniels hosted a BYOB (Bring Your Own Booger) party for him??!!