Opinion on Wake

I have been watching peoples opinions on how we will do in the WF game.

i would like to get everyones take on that opponent and eventual outcome.

This is a tough road game and should get us some attention before SC if we can do it.

Final thoughts, its a couple weeks away.

Blowout??? Nail Biter??

I think we will be lucky (sorry that word got me in trouble with HuskerBigGuy....how about....fortunate) to walk away with anything over a 10 point win. And I don't consider 10 points a blowout. Losing starters or not, they still have a very servicable QB that came out of nowhere last year, many returning players with experience....and oh yeah, the coaches. Combine that with being on the road in a 'comfy' 35,000 seat stadium (See Southern Miss) and you have a battle brewing.

302534592_b000c1b2bc.jpg

I think we have a focused group of players and they won't be looking ahead to SC. Wake will have a decent team and will be very competitive in the their conference, but I think we just have to much for them to handle offensively & defensively. They'll be really hyped up and their crowd will be in to it which will keep it close early, but we'll wear 'em down and win going away!

NU 42

Wake 17

I think we will be lucky (sorry that word got me in trouble with HuskerBigGuy....how about....fortunate) to walk away with anything over a 10 point win. And I don't consider 10 points a blowout. Losing starters or not, they still have a very servicable QB that came out of nowhere last year, many returning players with experience....and oh yeah, the coaches. Combine that with being on the road in a 'comfy' 35,000 seat stadium (See Southern Miss) and you have a battle brewing.

I agree. I think we win, but it will be a tight game.

It's a tough game to call. They gained a lot of swagger last year, but they have to replace a lot and I mean a lot of starters. If they're breaking in several freshmen, that would definitely have to give NU a better chance especially this early in the season.

It may not be an easy win, but I think it's a win nonetheless. I'll take NU by 17 points.

I think we win by 17 points.

Like others have said, close to start, but steadily wear them down until the game is ours to control. Their defense loses too many key players to be at the point they need to be to compete with us. Later in the year the game is closer, in my opinion, but not second game.

They lost a lot of starters but........

GBR!!!

I don't know where you got that. They return 15 from last year (more than we do), and as many as 20 5th year seniors and 4th year juniors. Also, last year's deer-in-the-headlights freshman QB now has a season under his belt, INCLUDING playing in a BCS bowl game. ACC Rookie of the Year.

Their weak spot is the secondary, which lost the most to graduation. Their strengths are their kicking game (all ACC) and the DL.

Last year was a fluke, as everything Grobe had done pointed to THIS year being their year. Let's hope it doesn't start with a win over us.

Nailbiter all the way. 20-17 Big Red

Their coach stated he felt the defense will be just as good, but the offense will be much better.

Their coaching staff has always gotten alot out of their players. This team has lost a lot of games over the last 6 years, but a whole lot of them to very talented teams that just barely squeaded away. They have lost more games in the final minutes of the 4th quarter or in overtime, than anyone I can think of.

They will be fired up, there is no question. They believe they have a repeat winner there.

Anyone thinking this is going to be a blow out is in for a rude awakening I am afraid. We win but it will be a very hard, physical game. Both teams will be licking their wounds after this one. They will be infront of us for the full 60 minutes no matter the score. This may not be the most talented team we face, but it is one of the best, if not the best coached team we will face. He is the man as far as I am concerned. He has impressed me with what he has done there the last 6 or 7 years.

I really wished I could go to this game.