SIGNED OT Andrew Rodriguez

CowboyBob

Hopefully just a sense of complacency that comes from knowing that you have your college paid for and have no one left to impress. I saw that in a kid from my own high school who committed to Iowa... he took many plays off over the course of the season, knowing he was taken care of recruiting wise. I bet when we get A Rod actually on campus and working with our O line coach, he will play up to potential. Unless said coach is still Barney Cotten. Then we can just wait and watch A Rod during his four/five years of underdevelopment as a lineman and mediocre play. :rollin. FIRE COTTEN! dedhoarse . And yeah, that is me, beating the dead horse.

It looked like he played the first half at half speed. He'd go hard initially and then when things got past him he'd shut down and only be jogging towards the ball carrier.

I didn't see much of the second half but when Aurora started going on their run he seemed to do better. Maybe he was just saving himself for the second half. I'll definitely say he's a better o-lineman than a d-lineman.

Alot of players just get flat out bored when they play competition below their athletic level.

Trevor Robinson got the same things said about him. Fact was, kid was just too good for the level of competition he was going against. Trevor went to ND and started his 1st year.

It's sort of like playing your little brother in a sport. You know you are gonna beat him and after a while you just don't wanna play against him anymore.

Happens in basketball as well. Michael Beasley was known as incredibly lazy in HS. Then as a freshman he put up absolutely insane numbers.

Once the kid gets to college and gets smacked in the mouth, watch him become the monster he can be.

Alot of players just get flat out bored when they play competition below their athletic level.

Trevor Robinson got the same things said about him. Fact was, kid was just too good for the level of competition he was going against. Trevor went to ND and started his 1st year.

It's sort of like playing your little brother in a sport. You know you are gonna beat him and after a while you just don't wanna play against him anymore.

Happens in basketball as well. Michael Beasley was known as incredibly lazy in HS. Then as a freshman he put up absolutely insane numbers.

Once the kid gets to college and gets smacked in the mouth, watch him become the monster he can be.

very true. if your playing a 10-0 team your going to go hard to not get embarassed.

if your playing a 0-10 team you would rather chill and go about 75% KNOWING your not gonna look bad. ive done that be4. its pretty true

• 1 month later...