Big 12 Teams You Like and Hate

Love!!: Texas and Nebraska (Hook em' Horns and Go Big Red!!) when they play eachother I'm torn apart inside but have to go with Texas in the end, sorry yall!

o.k. with: Texas Tech, Baylor, Okie State, Mizzou and Iowa State

dislike strongly: Colorado, Kansas (mainly cause of basketball) and Kansas State

absolutely hate with a passion/have no respect for: Oklahoma and Texas A&M

Throw my two cents in here....

#1 Nebraska: Favorite team. Grew up in the state and will always cheer for the Big Red!

#2 Kansas: They're like Nebraska's little brother; still enjoy beating them up but love it when they do well. They are getting a little cocky with their recent success, but still my second favorite team in the Big 12.

#3 Oklahoma: I miss the rivalry against Nebraska! I think they are similar to Nebraska: historically very successful (as a team and full of individual honors), went through a down period recently, and they hate Texas. A lot of respect for them.

Pity/Tolerable Teams:

#4 Texas Tech: Ever been to Lubbock? It's a desert in the absolute middle of nowhere; pity them for location alone. Fun offense to watch with an outspoken coach. Should never lose to them, but no hatred for them.

#5 Iowa State: I liked Dan McCartney; thought he did a nice job of building that program up. Hate their colors and cannot stand it when Nebraska losses to them.

#6 Baylor: Will they ever be competitive? Feel bad for them. I used to cheer for them when they had Steele. No real threat, just a bunch of rich-religious kids.

Don't Really Care For Teams:

#7 Texas A&M: Absolutely loved Junction Boys (the book, movie, and the BEAR!). But that's where it ends... have a hard time cheering for any Texas team. Don't care for their AD either. Team colors are bad as well.

#8 Oklahoma State: They wear orange! Every now and again they are good and they that's when they get annoying. Nothing really specific against them, just don't really care for them. Liked Barry Sanders but loved it when we shut him down!

Almost Always Cheer Against Teams:

#9 Kansas State: Give them props for bringing themselves out of the cellar of NCAA football. But with that success their fans have become some of the worse in the Big 12. That no-talent-ass-clown Chad May made me start really disliking them.

#10 Texas: Probably the cockiest team in the Big 12. Everything is bigger in Texas, including the egos. Every year they bring in a ton of blue chippers... and almost every year they underachieve. Not going to lie though, I cheered hard for them against USC in that NC game a few years ago.

Love to Hate Teams:

#11 Colorado: First of all, Boulder is a hippie haven. Second of all, most of the students there are a bunch of pot smoking, snow boarding, annoying rich kids. Makes me sick. Now on to football: Very boastful, always think they're better than what they really are, their head coaches think they're God's Gift to the World, and their players are some of the dirtiest I've seen.

#12 Missouri: I wouldn't have ranked them this low a few years ago, but the times are a changing. The dirtiest team in the Big 12. Did anyone watch this past year's KU game? After every play there was extra pushing and shoving, and it's probably safe to say they were talking up a storm. The fans are even worse. Wow... class class class. Usually a bunch of drunk jerks (especially in a rivalry game). Just can't stand them.

What a great (and simple) and idea for a really useful thread. What would be neat is to get a similar thread going on board for each of the B12 programs and then look at the data. Those results would really be interesting.

What do you think the results would show?

That every board likes and respects the teams they normally pummel but hate the teams that have the ability to beat them on a regular basis...

It's a foregone conclusion that ISU is the most liked and respected team in the Big 12... <_<

Cy...thats not totally true. If you notice, almost every post "likes/respects" OU and it's not like OU never beats Nebraska. It stems from years of competitive respect. The OU fans are not complete idiots like some others in the Big 12. I would bet that if you looked into the OU boards you would see the same respect for Nebraska that Nebraska fans hold for OU......it's a good solid rivalry that should never end.

#1 love Mizzou

#2 Respect Oklahoma, except the week we play them, when they take anything ANYONE says about the game and somehow makes it "disrespect"

Do not care about

A&M- heard horror stories about fans, but the perennial underacheivers really don't bother me

TT- currently Mizzou jr.

Oklahoma State- Cool stadium

Baylor- =/

Iowa State- =\

Colorado- I liked Kordell

Dislike Texas, annoying and arrogant

HATE Kansas.

I liked ISU under McCarney, I guess I'll still root for them.

I didn't care much for CU before but I like Hawkins so I kinda root for them now.

I like Mangino and Kansas.

Not big on KSU, I'll root for them a little as a fellow 12North-team but that is it.

Mizzou? Same as KSU

Texas = arrogance. I'll root for them against a noncon-power, maybe if a dog to OU. Otherwise not a fan.

I have trouble rooting for OU, I'll cheer for them against a noncon-power but not otherwise.

Tech, OSU, ATM, and Baylor I root-for against noncon opponents and as underdogs in the south.