Watson staying put!

Well nebraska picked up another recruite from texas on monday eddie brown a 6-2 265lb DT and FB who ran 4.6-40. Coaches Bo Pelini, Carl Pelini and SHAWN WATSON all showed up at his school in waller texas so im just guessing if watson was there with two other nebraska coaches then why dosent he just come out soon and say hey im here to stay at nebraska and im not going anywhere else

well about the whole not contacting Bo or T.O. first... i don't think its needed that they be contacted for assistants... remember we didn't contact Bo's old boss prior to contacting Bo.

But WE didn't contact him. Remember it was the search firm. They can get away with things like that and it won't reflect on the University at all. :sarcasm

If the rumors are true....so be it. The one thing that made Nebraska so special, was the continuity amongst the coaching staff. Over the years, you have seen coaches make changes to other teams, bolt to the NFL, only to wind up back at the college level or out of coaching altogether.

Honestly, I don't care if Watson leaves. I just want someone who wants to be here for the long term. I guarantee you, Sanders, Cotton, Jamrog and the rest of them will be here for the long term. Again, that is what made Nebraska special. We had a strong foundation, we were fundamentally sound, and no matter what offense or defense we faced, we did the same thing. Hit them in the mouth. You can have the spread offense, west coast, east coast, blah blah blah. Thing is.....speed kills! Fast defenses neutralizes any offense. Same goes for offense. Big offensive lineman and quick running backs.

So if Watson leaves....who gives a damn. I bleed scarlet and cream and will to the day I die.

:bonez

I just don't understand why Watson is not coming out and letting people know. I guess we are going to probably have to wait until after signing day???

exactly, he may have a deal with TO to keep it quiet until after signing day so as not to trash the recruiting effort anymore than it has been this season. this has been a tough year, just like the stock market is going to be for the next 90 days.

I don't think he's going anywhere, but to think that any assistant wouldn't jump ship for the "right" situation, (right for him/family) is unrealistic. The days of coaching at the same school for decades is over.

I DO think that NU needs to spend whatever it takes to keep him IF he gets an offer from 'Bama. I doubt they'll give him an offer though.

But opinions vary.

I don't think he's going anywhere, but to think that any assistant wouldn't jump ship for the "right" situation, (right for him/family) is unrealistic. The days of coaching at the same school for decades is over.

I DO think that NU needs to spend whatever it takes to keep him IF he gets an offer from 'Bama. I doubt they'll give him an offer though.

But opinions vary.

i agree, the fairly tale days of staying put because you love a program are over. as i have said many times before, coaching is just like the business world, hardly anyone stays with the same company for 30 years, people jump for promotions and opportunities everyday. this is no different, don't expect it to be just because we are nebraska and we have always done it this way. don't set yourself up for disappointment.

I find it encouraging that he went on the visit to see the DT Brown in Texas. If a guy wasn't planning on sticking around, why would he go and represent the program like that? And I have to think that Pelini is going to want to know what Watson's thinking is. As many have you have said, he (Watson) needs to address this now to avoid further speculation and assuage any fears potential recruits might have.

Watson should think twice before accepting a job from Saban. Hell, in two years, when Saban jumps ship for another "great opportunity" Watson will be out of a job anyway and be begging to come back. So, he's better off staying if you ask me. I don't think Bo's going anywhere for awhile.

i am sure he has thought of all the possibilities.