Zach Potter

He is 6'7" 285 lbs. Could he play DT? He was one of if not the best D lineman we had last year. Do you think that with him next to Suh he could flourish? With Suh taking up a double team, I would bet he could win the 1 on 1 battles with the interior O lineman, especially if we had speed rushers on the outside, a slimmer Turner, and Yancy, Williams or whoever. Now I'm not saying put him there every down, but maybe on pass rushing downs. Us him like the Giants use Justin Tuck, in and outside, switch it up. What do you think?

Sals

Tuck is smaller by the way 6'5" 275.

He is 6'7" 285 lbs. Could he play DT? He was one of if not the best D lineman we had last year. Do you think that with him next to Suh he could flourish? With Suh taking up a double team, I would bet he could win the 1 on 1 battles with the interior O lineman, especially if we had speed rushers on the outside, a slimmer Turner, and Yancy, Williams or whoever. Now I'm not saying put him there every down, but maybe on pass rushing downs. Us him like the Giants use Justin Tuck, in and outside, switch it up. What do you think?

Sals

Honestly I thought that Zach Potter was pretty slow last year and I didn't really think that he really showed his great potential. Hopefully James Dobson gets Zach's ass in gear so he'll move a whole lot faster.

After watching the video of the linemen eating double-burritos at Chipotle's it's easy see how they were all slow.

Personally, I never really liked the previous regime's way of basically using 3 DT's and 1 speed guy, then wondering why they couldn't get to the QB. Remember the 90's when we had speed guys on both sides?

Potter should be a DT. Put someone on the outside that can run the 40 under 5 seconds.

I am just gald that we will no longer be influenced by the big 10 mentality on defense. Bo's defense will play with spirit and energy that we have not seen in a long time.

The BLACK SHIRTS are on their way back. I can't wait to see the new attitude.

:yeah

We need to scare the hell out of people again...

Personally, I never really liked the previous regime's way of basically using 3 DT's and 1 speed guy, then wondering why they couldn't get to the QB. Remember the 90's when we had speed guys on both sides?

You mean like in '05 when we led the nation in sacks?

pwn3d

And that defense has really done a lot since then, hasn't it?

Sals

Interesting thought. While there is some reason to think that conditioning could result in Zach regaining his old form, in the event he cannot or if we find some great ends, keeping him "heavy" and in the middle is a nice option.

You mean like in '05 when we led the nation in sacks?

Might I remind you that we had 11 sacks in our opening game against Maine. I wouldn't be bragging about that if I was anybody cause it was Maine. We had 42 sacks that year and 11 came from the Maine game.....but we did have good talent on that Defensive side too not to take that away from them.