DE Kevin Young

Well, IMO, Murillo is no Keyou Craver, DeJuan Groce, or Fabian Washington. All guys that came in as freshman from high school, were decent to begin with but by the time they left as seniors they were pretty damn good--all went into the league pretty solid.

They were closer to what I would call 'lockdown' cbs.

Bowman was a great JUCO but got injured and we all know that story, though I guess he's on the Bears roster this yr.

Murillo has played much better this year than last year. If you don't hear a guy mentioned it means he's not giving up many big plays, but it also means he's not making any big plays either. Lock down corners tend to get mentioned a lot for their pass break ups, interceptions, great coverage, and outstanding run support.

|--------Tackles--------| |-Sacks-| |---Pass Def---| |-Fumbles-| Blkd

DEF Stats GP-GS Solo Ast Total TFL/Yds No-Yds Int-Yds BrUp QBH Rcv-Yds FF Kick Saf

6 Murillo, A. 12-11 29 9 38 2-1 . 1-57 9 1 1-11 0 0 0

These are solid stats (actually better than I thought they would be before I looked them up) but far from lock down corner stats. I expect better from you Willie, you usually seem to be on the money.

Since when do stats tell how good a CB is?

You do realize what Murillo did to a guy like Crabtree, correct? Two of the only big plays Crabtree got was from a blown coverage by Asante and a screen play.

That will never show up in a stat line.

Murillo has did things like that all year. If you hold a WR to limited catches, how is that going to show up on a tackle sheet stat line?

Look at guys like Deion Sanders. A lockdown corner who rarely got picked on and it did not allow his stat sheet to fill up.

Sanders had only 4 NFL seasons where he had 40+ tackles and he had 8 NFL seasons where he had 3 or less INTs.

If a CB under performs, you will see his name called out quite a bit during a game. You will see his man beating him quite often and you will see it filling up your TV screen. That has not been the case with Murillo at all this year. Thus why I said when you do not see or hear of a DB during a game, you actually know they are playing a damm good game.

Murillo has played much better this year than last year. If you don't hear a guy mentioned it means he's not giving up many big plays, but it also means he's not making any big plays either. Lock down corners tend to get mentioned a lot for their pass break ups, interceptions, great coverage, and outstanding run support.

DEF Stats GP-GS Solo Ast Total TFL/Yds No-Yds Int-Yds BrUp QBH Rcv-Yds FF Kick Saf

These are solid stats (actually better than I thought they would be before I looked them up) but far from lock down corner stats. I expect better from you Willie, you usually seem to be on the money.

You do realize what Murillo did to a guy like Crabtree, correct? Two of the only big plays Crabtree got was from a blown coverage by Asante and a screen play.

Murillo has did things like that all year. If you hold a WR to limited catches, how is that going to show up on a tackle sheet stat line?

Look at guys like Deion Sanders. A lockdown corner who rarely got picked on and it did not allow his stat sheet to fill up.

Sanders had only 4 NFL seasons where he had 40+ tackles and he had 8 NFL seasons where he had 3 or less INTs.

If a CB under performs, you will see his name called out quite a bit during a game. You will see his man beating him quite often and you will see it filling up your TV screen. That has not been the case with Murillo at all this year. Thus why I said when you do not see or hear of a DB during a game, you actually know they are playing a damm good game.

Murillo was the 1 who blew coverage against Crabtree on that big 4th down when TTech went for it.

Murillo was the 1 who blew coverage against Crabtree on that big 4th down when TTech went for it.

No. It was a cover 2 and Asante did not cover his deep half. Instead he bit on the TE coming in the gap of the cover 2 instead of going with the best WR in the country, who was his real responsibility to begin with. Marvin Sanders admitted as much after the game.

http://www.journalstar.com/blog/huskers.ph...p;pb=1#comments

As for the fourth-and-four 47-yard pass from Graham Harrell to Michael Crabtree, NU secondary coach Marvin Sanders said it was a blown assignment by the safety. Armando Murillo was supposed to have help over the top.

No. It was a cover 2 and Asante did not cover his deep half. Instead he bit on the TE coming in the gap of the cover 2 instead of going with the best WR in the country, who was his real responsibility to begin with. Marvin Sanders admitted as much after the game.

http://www.journalstar.com/blog/huskers.ph...p;pb=1#comments

As for the fourth-and-four 47-yard pass from Graham Harrell to Michael Crabtree, NU secondary coach Marvin Sanders said it was a blown assignment by the safety. Armando Murillo was supposed to have help over the top.

Regardless, Murillo still blew coverage. I watched the game, I saw the play.

Regardless, Murillo still blew coverage. I watched the game, I saw the play.

:lol:

Man, in a cover 2 it is Murillo's responsibility to cover the flats. When Crabtree got that deep it became Asante's responsibility. I mean, are you really gonna argue that? And are you gonna argue with our own DB coach who said it was Asante's responsibility? Really?