DE Kevin Young

Oh, are we finally back on the topic of kevin Young after you guys derailed the thread with your childish arguing. The rest of us interested in recruiting thank you.

how is this comment anymore appropriate?

How is it not approriate? A whole page of bs ramblings on some Huskers blowing coverages, instead of commenting on a thread about an excellent new Husker recruit.

Anyway welcome kevin. You made the right choice, and you will be very proud when you recieve your Black Shirt.

Well, you called him a lockdown corner. Those aren't lock down corner numbers. While stats don't tell the whole story they do tell some of the story. You also said that when you don't hear about a guy it means he's having a good year. I disagree. Murillo has been much improved but is far from a lockdown corner. You are inflating his ability. Just keeping it real.

father, if you look at defensive stats to tell you who a lockdown corner is, then you are looking at how to judge CBs in a completely bad way.

And if you don't hear a CBs name called in a game, that means he is not getting thrown at. Why would the CB not be getting thrown at? Maybe because he is covering his opponent well? Compare that to a guy like Anthony West or Eric Hagg who routinely get beat and get TV time way too much for the wrong reasons.

Look over my posting record. I'll call a spade a spade when I see it. I even have called out 'The Godfather' himself on occasion when that is blasphemous in Nebraska football. I won't blow smoke about any player just to blow smoke.

And yes, Kevin Young is POSSIBLY visiting Kansas this weekend. Not set in stone yet but that is the plan as of right now.

Willie, I've watched every game this year and he has shown to be much improved and has had a solid year. I just disagree that he is a lockdown corner, and that isn't based solely on his stats, and I never said it was. If he's as good as you've said he should get serious consideration for all-conference accolades. I also call a spade a spade, something you have bashed me about in the past... remember? The point is, a lockdown corner he isn't.

Well, you called him a lockdown corner. Those aren't lock down corner numbers. While stats don't tell the whole story they do tell some of the story. You also said that when you don't hear about a guy it means he's having a good year. I disagree. Murillo has been much improved but is far from a lockdown corner. You are inflating his ability. Just keeping it real.

father, if you look at defensive stats to tell you who a lockdown corner is, then you are looking at how to judge CBs in a completely bad way.

And if you don't hear a CBs name called in a game, that means he is not getting thrown at. Why would the CB not be getting thrown at? Maybe because he is covering his opponent well? Compare that to a guy like Anthony West or Eric Hagg who routinely get beat and get TV time way too much for the wrong reasons.

Look over my posting record. I'll call a spade a spade when I see it. I even have called out 'The Godfather' himself on occasion when that is blasphemous in Nebraska football. I won't blow smoke about any player just to blow smoke.

And yes, Kevin Young is POSSIBLY visiting Kansas this weekend. Not set in stone yet but that is the plan as of right now.

Willie, I've watched every game this year and he has shown to be much improved and has had a solid year. I just disagree that he is a lockdown corner, and that isn't based solely on his stats, and I never said it was. If he's as good as you've said he should get serious consideration for all-conference accolades. I also call a spade a spade, something you have bashed me about in the past... remember? The point is, a lockdown corner he isn't.

How about that Kevin Young? Did you guys hear he is committed to NU now? :sarcasm

Oh, are we finally back on the topic of kevin Young after you guys derailed the thread with your childish arguing. The rest of us interested in recruiting thank you.

How is it not approriate? A whole page of bs ramblings on some Huskers blowing coverages, instead of commenting on a thread about an excellent new Husker recruit.

Anyway welcome kevin. You made the right choice, and you will be very proud when you recieve your Black Shirt.

it stemmed for a conversation about the merits of juco recruits..... what is he supposed to do when someone makes a comment that is clearly wrong??

it stemmed for a conversation about the merits of juco recruits..... which kevin is. what is he supposed to do when someone makes a comment that is clearly wrong??

Wait, Kevin Young is a Juco. Are you sure? This previous post in this thread had an article stating he is a HS kid.

http://www.huskerboard.com/forums/index.ph...st&p=325489

it stemmed for a conversation about the merits of juco recruits..... which kevin is. what is he supposed to do when someone makes a comment that is clearly wrong??

Wait, Kevin Young is a Juco. Are you sure? This previous post in this thread had an article stating he is a HS kid.

yeah I corrected that.... got him confused with kinnie. the conversation was about him not qualifying and getting placed

Bo Ruud once got voted All Conference. :laughpound All conference voting is a joke in itself. You can look at the vote this year and it pretty blatantly shows how little coaches pay attention to other schools for the most part.

If stats do not tell the story, then why bring them up? It essentially boils down to your opinion versus mine. And what I have seen is a CB that never gets his name called during a game for blowing a coverage or getting beat. You have a tackle sheet.

BTW, I heard there was some news about Kevin Young. Anyone know what it was? :)

yeah I corrected that.... got him confused with kinnie. the conversation was about him not qualifying and getting placed

I made the comment(post #51) that I preferred good h.s. guys to JUCOS, then somebody said they thought Murillo is a lockdown corner and he was a JUCO and I disagreed(that he is lockdown), then it was off to the races.... <_<

Bo Ruud once got voted All Conference. :laughpound All conference voting is a joke in itself. You can look at the vote this year and it pretty blatantly shows how little coaches pay attention to other schools for the most part.

If stats do not tell the story, then why bring them up? It essentially boils down to your opinion versus mine. And what I have seen is a CB that never gets his name called during a game for blowing a coverage or getting beat. You have a tackle sheet.

BTW, I heard there was some news about Kevin Young. Anyone know what it was? :)

C'mon man, I didn't say stats were everything and I didn't say they meant nothing. You have issues if anyone disagrees with you. Why so insecure? My bad on the sniping, I'm done.

C'mon man, I didn't say stats were everything and I didn't say they meant nothing. You have issues if anyone disagrees with you. Why so insecure? My bad on the sniping, I'm done.

Lets not turn this into a 5th grade type thing. If you want to take personal shots, feel free to PM me to air out your problems. Lets not let this be like the Vondrae Tostenson thread with you going off on me this time.

In any case, coaches have an in-home with Kevin on Friday. By Saturday we should all know where we stand with Kevin. The kid will have to say no sooner or later to some school. Hopefully the coaches put their foot down and tell Kevin not to take the visit or they will be looking elsewhere.

Kevin's recruitment is a great reason why an early signing period is needed. Coaches need to get some of these guys out of the way early so they do not have to worry about covering bases with 20-25 guys constantly up until February. Set a signing period up in November so they may be able to get 8-10 recruits out of the way to focus on a lesser amount in the closing months. It takes the workload off the coaches and would even take the pressure off these kids if they decided to end the process early.

Well he'll have to decide sooner rather then later, next couple weeks, he's graduating HS in a couple weeks.

Maybe, he just wait to the January spring semester and enrolls in a certain school.

The KU fans say Mangino recruits the ole fashioned honor thing way, BS, he came from OU. Those chicken hawks are a funny bunch.