The Spread O

JHaWk

I see a lot of predictions that KU in Lincoln is a sure win this year for NU....The huskers love the kool-aid huh? But hey so do I.

It is good that you have confidence in your team, but how do you think NU can possibly beat

Mizzou's spread or the KU spread, or even TTech? I believe Pelini will use some Nickel blitzes against some of

the Big 12 teams, throw in a Dime formation here and there, and the Big Red might just keep some of these

games close...maybe.

I see a lot of predictions that KU in Lincoln is a sure win this year for NU....The huskers love the kool-aid huh? But hey so do I.

It is good that you have confidence in your team, but how do you think NU can possibly beat

Mizzou's spread or the KU spread, or even TTech? I believe Pelini will use some Nickel blitzes against some of

the Big 12 teams, throw in a Dime formation here and there, and the Big Red might just keep some of these

games close...maybe.

It's definitely not a sure win, but even Callahan and Cosgrove beat KU in Lincoln (and Mizzou as well). I think KU and MU will be favored (and should be favored) but winning in Lincoln is about more than just the teams - MU and KU still need to get over the "hump" mentally to win. Ask KSU how difficult it was to finally get that first win in Lincoln, and KSU had very talented team then - they just seemed to be unable to overcome the mental leap to get it done. And NU has the same problem with Texas (regardless of home field).

I think one of either KU or MU wins in Lincoln this year, but I'd be surprised if they can both get it done. One of them will probably have a bad day, NU will be better than expected, or just plain old bad luck (or good luck for NU :) ). But that's why they play the games.

If you think KU is coming into lincoln and hang 70 on us you are dillusional. I think it will be a good game and you should be favored just because of last year. Don't be suprised if you run into a brick wall here though. You beat a team last year without a spine and they were defeated before they put their pads on. This years team will stand and fight. It should be a fun season

oh stop it you big silly!

personally, i think it's absolutely ADORABLE how kansas and missouri are talking about winning their first game in lincoln in like FOREVER.

the last time missouri did that, osborne was coach and he was just coming off of his first win over oklahoma. that was 1978, kids.

kansas? quickly looking thru the records, the last time they saw a win over nebraska at lincoln was 1968. zomg, FORTY years.

kansas and missouri think they're just gonna walk in and win? sh'yeah, right.

JHaWk I look at it this way,

Last year the final score was 76-39. That's pretty bad but look into that score deeper and NU has a very good chance to win this year.

Nebraska was able to put up 40 (rounding) points up against Kansas in Lawrence, put up 400 yards of passing but were not able to run the ball effectively at all, it was Joey's first live game and he threw four interceptions.

Joey is a year older, will have had nearly a full season under his belt by the time the game comes and the game is in Lincoln, that hopefully means far less mistakes and turnovers. We also will have a much better, quicker offensive line and our young running backs seemed to be that much more improved as well so we should be more balanced this year.

2 years ago many of these kids were on a defense that caused Missouri's spread to completely self destruct... under Cozgrove...

Bo has faced a better spread attack from Flordia than either Missouri or Kansas possess and did fairly well against it so I'd only assume that with a coach that has experiance against a high octane spread and a bunch of kids that have had success against the system previously that it is feasible to assume that they at least have a good shot at doing so again with the right plan and focus.

I'm no fool and I am not saying Nebraska WILL beat Kansas - or Missouri for that matter, however I do think it is definitely possible. Nebraska's offense should be better and the defense, though it won't be to the level we want it to be will be at least better than average - much improved over last year (I'm predicting top 35 nationally at worst, top 28 at best).

I may not be predicting a sure win, but I'd also say that if Missouri, Kansas or TTech fans think NU is a sure win, they themselves are the fools.

As for your "spread"...by the time you even get to the Nebraska game after being beat up and stomped on by the Mighty Cyclones, not to mention Colorado, Oklahoma, Texas Tech and KSU...Kansas will be lucky if they have enough healthy players left to "spread" butter onto bread...let alone run a viable offense against Nebraska.... <_<

Interesting Video clip of Former Husker great Todd Brown talking about getting heckled at the KU game by a few Husker fans.

http://khastv.com/modules/news/article.php?storyid=7852

Todd Brown reflects on old Husker days

The year was 1982. Tom Osborne was one of the bright, young coaches in college football. His Nebraska team had national championship potential. One of that season's great games came far from home as the Huskers traveled to Jordon–Hare Stadium to challenge the Auburn Tigers.

October 2nd, 1982, the 8th ranked Nebraska Cornhuskers go into Auburn and defeat the 20th ranked Tigers 41–7. Todd Brown caught the touchdown pass from Turner Gill that broke it open for the Big Red.

“It was a real close game right before half,” said former Nebraska receiver Todd Brown. “We had a play where we ran what was called a hook and go. We faked a short pass and went long and that kind of broke their back.”

With star wide receiver Todd Brown, Nebraska goes onto a 12–1 season, #3 national ranking, and Orange Bowl victory over LSU, one of Tom Osborne's best teams in his 25 years as coach.

These days as he runs his company, Brown Church Development in Kearney, Todd's loyalties are divided, a former great Nebraska player, son Micah is also a wide receiver for coach Mark Mangino's Kansas Jayhawks, who nearly defeated the Huskers in Lincoln this year. Todd was at the game wearing Jayhawks Blue, not Husker Red.

“It was very weird for me. I was sitting in Memorial Stadium wearing blue, which was unique for me,” said Brown. “I felt like the enemy, but you know, my son plays for Kansas and I want to support him, you know. I still bleed red, but I wear blue when they play Kansas.”

That night in October included watching one of the most exciting games of the college football season, won by Nebraska in overtime. Todd Brown had a memorable experience.

“Even had some kids actually taunt me at the game, you know. I just smiled and you know, that is part of it. You know, I want Nebraska to do well, but in that instance, if Kansas can win a National Championship with my son playing on the team, I would want that to happen, but always want the Huskers to do well,” Brown said.

So while Todd Brown these days is a Kansas Jayhawk fan, he says he will certainly keep his eyes on the Nebraska–Auburn Cotton Bowl and of course be rooting for the Big Red.