RB David Oku

thats all rivals said is we made contact? Did it say anything else like we are interested in him or hes interested in us? I listened to him on 1620 today and it didnt seem like he was interested in us at all but if Pelini wanted to talk to him he would listen to what he has to say.

Unless there was something in the article that said we made contact, the articles headline was " Contact made?"

I ask again - why would NU want anything to do with this drama queen? As soon as something he doesn't agree with happens he will most likely be gone. Doesn't seem like he would fit into the Pelini system that requires a guy to put the team above all else.

Good point, but have you seen his highlight video? This kid has some crazy skills on the football field.

Oku was on USC today. He said he has not had contact with Coach Pelini or anyone else from the University of Nebraska. His girlfriend is NOT PREGNANT. He is also not planning on attending Nebraska. David said his high school in Oklahoma offers only 4 classes. Lincoln East offers 7 and, in his own words, "is one of the best ACT schools in the country." I understand he would have needed to take summer school if he had stayed at his high school in Oklahoma. He said he is considering running track for Lincoln.

um... After listening to it, no one mentioned pregnancy, just that he didn't move for her. Also he said Lincoln East was one of the best ACT school in Nebraska. Mike'l later said the country.

On a side note the whole interview was BS. There is no way it is the only school in the country that has 7 classes ie Millard North is one

thats all rivals said is we made contact? Did it say anything else like we are interested in him or hes interested in us? I listened to him on 1620 today and it didnt seem like he was interested in us at all but if Pelini wanted to talk to him he would listen to what he has to say.

I cannot imagine our current coaching staff having the patience to continue recruiting David.

(Which might eventually attract him even more?) There's so much downside in that it might attract the wrong kind of attention from the NCAA what with Colorado already being known for providing "dates" for recruits.

I don't know..Moving ~800 miles for a girl you only met once or twice? (At least when I did it (1300 miles), it was a girl I'd dated for four years)..Any news on his dating habits in Jenks? Did they run out of girls?

I read where Mom wants him to see the world, but is Lincoln that much more "worldly" than Jenks?

You'd almost imagine he wanted to get outa town to try to escape all the media attention for still being uncommitted, but then he turns around and texts Rivals as to his whereabouts?

Anyone remember Collins Okafor? There might be a logjam at RB anyway..

So..Does Lincoln East have several classes in how to pass ACT tests?

In this day of "No Child Left Behind" it wouldn't surprise me. (They teach you how to take tests, not to actually learn the subject matter).

I hope David picks a college for academics...He may need it.

I ask again - why would NU want anything to do with this drama queen? As soon as something he doesn't agree with happens he will most likely be gone. Doesn't seem like he would fit into the Pelini system that requires a guy to put the team above all else.

I don't think he's a drama queen. At least nothing like Bryce Brown. Why can't he take his time with this decision? Nothing says you HAVE to sign a LOI on signing day.

I cannot imagine our current coaching staff having the patience to continue recruiting David.

(Which might eventually attract him even more?) There's so much downside in that it might attract the wrong kind of attention from the NCAA what with Colorado already being known for providing "dates" for recruits.

I don't know..Moving ~800 miles for a girl you only met once or twice? (At least when I did it (1300 miles), it was a girl I'd dated for four years)..Any news on his dating habits in Jenks? Did they run out of girls?

I read where Mom wants him to see the world, but is Lincoln that much more "worldly" than Jenks?

You'd almost imagine he wanted to get outa town to try to escape all the media attention for still being uncommitted, but then he turns around and texts Rivals as to his whereabouts?

Anyone remember Collins Okafor? There might be a logjam at RB anyway..

So..Does Lincoln East have several classes in how to pass ACT tests?

In this day of "No Child Left Behind" it wouldn't surprise me. (They teach you how to take tests, not to actually learn the subject matter).

I hope David picks a college for academics...He may need it.

I don't think Okafor is going to be much of a challenger for PT any time soon. I think if Oku were to commit to NU he may enter spring ball with a real chance to contribute as a freshman. We have a lot of solid players on our offense but how many of them would you really classify as true playmakers? Not too many. Oku is the kind of kid who can turn two yard gains into spectacular 65 yard TDs. I could definitely see him returning kicks at least. Being that he is kind of flakey (for lack of a better term), he would also be the kind of guy you would want to get on the field right away. Why waste a redshirt on a kid who may up and leave after one year because he gets antsy? My two cents.

Oku was on USC today. He said he has not had contact with Coach Pelini or anyone else from the University of Nebraska. His girlfriend is NOT PREGNANT. He is also not planning on attending Nebraska. David said his high school in Oklahoma offers only 4 classes. Lincoln East offers 7 and, in his own words, "is one of the best ACT schools in the country." I understand he would have needed to take summer school if he had stayed at his high school in Oklahoma. He said he is considering running track for Lincoln.

um... After listening to it, no one mentioned pregnancy, just that he didn't move for her. Also he said Lincoln East was one of the best ACT school in Nebraska. Mike'l later said the country.

On a side note the whole interview was BS. There is no way it is the only school in the country that has 7 classes ie Millard North is one

I have that feeling too. CAHS is a great academic school. One of the best academic public schools in OKC area. There is more to this. JMO.

I have that feeling too. CAHS is a great academic school. One of the best academic public schools in OKC area. There is more to this. JMO.

That might be the issue. He isn't transferring to take BC Calculus or AP Physics. He's apparently transferring because he needs to go to a school that will allow him to take (and get decent enough grades) in 7 core classes. Oh and if they happen to have a session or 2 on test-taking skills all the better.

So why not stay in OK?:dunno

Good point, but have you seen his highlight video? This kid has some crazy skills on the football field.

Yes - he does have some nice skills against high school competition that might transfer well to the college level. However with the way he is milking things out makes me think he likes the limelight a lot too much. No matter how good he - is what good are those skills if he can't/ won't play as a teammate?