Is Kansas going to snap their losing streak in Lincoln?

Kansas' 2008 Schedule

Florida International- Win

Louisiania Tech- Win

at South Florida-Loss

Sam Houston State- Win ( Is Rhett Bomar still their?)

at Iowa State- Win

Colorado- Loss

at Oklahoma- Loss

Texas Tech- Loss

Kansas State- Win

at Nebraska- Loss

Texas- Loss

Missouri ( Kansas City)- Loss

Prediction 5-7

Loss of Talib and the tackle Collins really hurts as well as some key recievers from last years squad. Plus they road an easy schedule last year to the BCS where they beat my beloved Hokies.

I think maybe you're a bit too negative on the Jayhawks. I think the South Florida game could go either way, but I don't think they lose at home to CU. I think the TT game could go either way with the win swaying towards KU as again it is a home game. Right now, I think you have to say they have the edge in the NU game as well even though it's being played in Lincoln. I think they will definitely lose to OU, Texas, and Mizzou. I think they easily could be a 3-5 loss team in 2008, but I would be astonished if they lost 7 games this year.

Looks like last year, doesn't matter what we do on the field. If we do well this year, everyone will be "down". Never mind being the only team to Beat A&M on the road, Va tech at a neutral site, CU in Boulder (ask OU, not easy), Oklahoma State on the road, K-State in Manhattan, 7-1 in the Big 12.... Facts Don't Matter, we did lose 2 good Junior players and a great defensive coordinator, but not much is changing. If Reesing is Healthy, I look forward to another years of excuses about another good KU team (Not banking on anywhere near 12 wins, but I see the deulsions are all in the negative direction, and I have a few hater bets out already...)

Just saw on Kansas City TV that a defensive lineman quit the team because of a bad back and a cornerback was kicked off the team for "violating team policy" (which is often code for 3rd offense positive drug test, though I have no knowledge that this is true in this case) So Jayhawks are down 4 underclassmen in addition to __?__ seniors no longer elligible

Let me go ahead and set the record straight:

Two Kansas University football players have left the program, the school announced Tuesday.

Senior defensive lineman Todd Haselhorst said he left the program for "health reasons." Junior cornerback Anthony Webb was dismissed for violation of team policy, according to KU football spokesman Mike Strauss.

Haselhorst said: "I've always had stomach issues since I've been here. I've been throwing up every day during conditioning. It's that and I've been having back pain recently and I decided to hang it up."

Haselhorst said he plans to attend classes at KU during the fall semester to complete the 12 credits he needs to graduate. He said he will attend all home football games "to support the team."

"I've had a lot of fun in the program and they've given me some great memories," Haselhorst said. "It's a great bunch of guys and great coaches and there is no doubt in my mind they'll have success again this year if they do the right things, if they practice hard, work hard and do everything 100 percent all the time, like we did last year."

Here is the deal haters-CB Anthony Webb doesn't even play and was barried on the depth chart and Todd Haselhorst sucks. He wasn't listed as the starter according to the coaches because a Redshirt freshman (Richard Johnson Jr.) beat him out. No worries from Jayhawk nation. This is for the best.

Not hatin' - I just repeated (almost word for word) what the KC TV sports guy said. You gave a lot more detail. If I was hatin' I would have posted the unmentionalble things that happened to the stuffed Jayhawk doll at Pinkel's golf charity that was aired on the same news broadcast. (I didn't know you could waterboard a stuffed toy)

Looks like last year, doesn't matter what we do on the field. If we do well this year, everyone will be "down". Never mind being the only team to Beat A&M on the road, Va tech at a neutral site, CU in Boulder (ask OU, not easy), Oklahoma State on the road, K-State in Manhattan, 7-1 in the Big 12.... Facts Don't Matter, we did lose 2 good Junior players and a great defensive coordinator, but not much is changing. If Reesing is Healthy, I look forward to another years of excuses about another good KU team (Not banking on anywhere near 12 wins, but I see the deulsions are all in the negative direction, and I have a few hater bets out already...)

I'm going to be a KS fan for at least a couple more seasons just because of my cousin's Son and Daughter competing there, but also because it makes our conference stronger.

They could be better next season and still have a worse record..I'm guessing 3-4 losses prior to Bowl season.

I hope they continue to improve in the long run.

My SON goes to KU (in state tuition and academic scholly) and WE BOTH are Husker fans forever. Three years ago he went to the game in red body paint. (Last year he was fortunately out of town)

Todd Brown reflects on old Husker days

By Ed Littler

KHAS-TV

12/19/2006

The year was 1982. Tom Osborne was one of the bright, young coaches in college football. His Nebraska team had national championship potential. One of that season's great games came far from home as the Huskers traveled to Jordon–Hare Stadium to challenge the Auburn Tigers.

October 2nd, 1982, the 8th ranked Nebraska Cornhuskers go into Auburn and defeat the 20th ranked Tigers 41–7. Todd Brown caught the touchdown pass from Turner Gill that broke it open for the Big Red.

“It was a real close game right before half,” said former Nebraska receiver Todd Brown. “We had a play where we ran what was called a hook and go. We faked a short pass and went long and that kind of broke their back.”

With star wide receiver Todd Brown, Nebraska goes onto a 12–1 season, #3 national ranking, and Orange Bowl victory over LSU, one of Tom Osborne's best teams in his 25 years as coach.

These days as he runs his company, Brown Church Development in Kearney, Todd's loyalties are divided, a former great Nebraska player, son Micah is also a wide receiver for coach Mark Mangino's Kansas Jayhawks, who nearly defeated the Huskers in Lincoln this year. Todd was at the game wearing Jayhawks Blue, not Husker Red.

“It was very weird for me. I was sitting in Memorial Stadium wearing blue, which was unique for me,” said Brown. “I felt like the enemy, but you know, my son plays for Kansas and I want to support him, you know. I still bleed red, but I wear blue when they play Kansas.”

That night in October included watching one of the most exciting games of the college football season, won by Nebraska in overtime. Todd Brown had a memorable experience.

“Even had some kids actually taunt me at the game, you know. I just smiled and you know, that is part of it. You know, I want Nebraska to do well, but in that instance, if Kansas can win a National Championship with my son playing on the team, I would want that to happen, but always want the Huskers to do well,” Brown said.

So while Todd Brown these days is a Kansas Jayhawk fan, he says he will certainly keep his eyes on the Nebraska–Auburn Cotton Bowl and of course be rooting for the Big Red.

Micah Brown

2006 (Fr.): Played in two games, but did not record any statistics... Took the field against Northwestern State and Louisiana-Monroe.

2005 (RS): A valuable wide receiver on the scout team offense... Awarded the Otto Schnellbacher Scout Team Co-Offensive Player of the Year along with Kerry Meier... Selected by the coaching staff as the offensive scout team player of the week for the Louisiana Tech and Missouri games.

High School: A graduate of Kearney High School in Kearney, Neb.... Earned a total of eight letters in track and football for the Bearcats... Ranked third in the state in yards per carry as a senior and among the top five in total rushing yards... An honorable-mention all-state and first-team all-conference performer at running back... Was selected to Nebraska Shrine Bowl... Was a team captain in both football and track... Coached in football by Brandon Cool... Participated in the state track meet from 2001-04.

Personal: Born in Kearney, Neb... Major is film directing/screenwriting... Would like to work in advertising and then get into the film business... Hobbies include playing guitar in a rock band, watching movies, and writing... Son of Todd and Michelle Brown... Has two sisters and one brother... Father was a wide receiver at Nebraska and played in the Canadian Football League... Sister, Ashley, is a member of the KU track team... Was a member of the KU track team in 2005 and finished among the top 10 in the Big 12 Conference in the triple jump... Has earned awards for his film work behind the camera.

Ashley Brown Named Big 12 Track and Field Athlete of the Week

May 8, 2007

LAWRENCE, Kan. -

For the second time this year, junior Ashley Brown was named Big 12 Track and Field Athlete of the Week Tuesday. The Overton, Neb., junior set a new Kansas record in the 100-meter hurdles with a time of 13.31 seconds at the Arkansas Twilight on May 4.

The time represented the culmination of continually challenging the previous benchmark. At the 2007 Kansas Relays, Brown ran a 13.33, one one-hundredth of a second off the previous record set by Jennie Wonder at the 2002 NCAA Championships. Coming into the year, Brown had held a previous career-best time in the event of 13.82 seconds.

With her mark, she now sits third in the Big 12 Conference in the 100-meter hurdles as she and the Jayhawks prepare for the 2007 Big 12 Outdoor Championships in Lincoln, Neb., May 11-13. Brown also ranks first in the Big 12 Conference in the 400-meter hurdles with a season-best time of 58.48 seconds. That time stands one tenth of a second off the school record set by Dawn Steele-Slavens at the 1995 Big Eight Championships.

Brown is now a two-time KU record holder in hurdle events. During the 2007 indoor season, Brown shattered the school record in the 60-meter hurdles, running a time of 8.32 seconds. She also set a new Anschutz Pavilion record at the 2007 Jayhawk Invitational with a time of 8.48 seconds.

Brown was previously named Big 12 Female Co-Athlete of the Week on March 27, following her performances at the Tulsa Duels, where she won both the 100 and 400-meter hurdles. Brown becomes the fourth Kansas track and field student-athlete to be honored by the Big 12 Conference

No:

Phil Steele Big 12 predictions:

North: 1. Missouri; 2. Nebraska; 3. Kansas; 4. Kansas State; 5. Colorado; 6. Iowa State.

South: 1. Oklahoma; 2. Texas; 3. Texas Tech; 4. Oklahoma State; 5. Texas A&M; 6. Baylor.

Steele comments: "To put Nebraska #2 in the North ahead of Kansas is a little scary. The Huskers were just 2-6 in the Big 12 last year and were outgained by 55.6 yards per game. Their 11 returning starters are tied for second fewest in the Big 12. Those factors should have me considering them at the bottom of the Big 12 but I felt the Huskers underperformed last year . . . The more run-based offense will help the 'D' and I list the Huskers' o-line and d-line each in the top four of the Big 12, which is a good thing to have your strength up front. I know Kansas fans won't appreciate this, as they are a top 10 team and waxed Nebraska 76-39 last year, but I'll call for the Huskers to be one of the surprise teams in the Big 12 this season."

No:

North: 1. Missouri; 2. Nebraska; 3. Kansas; 4. Kansas State; 5. Colorado; 6. Iowa State.

South: 1. Oklahoma; 2. Texas; 3. Texas Tech; 4. Oklahoma State; 5. Texas A&M; 6. Baylor.

Steele comments: "To put Nebraska #2 in the North ahead of Kansas is a little scary. The Huskers were just 2-6 in the Big 12 last year and were outgained by 55.6 yards per game. Their 11 returning starters are tied for second fewest in the Big 12. Those factors should have me considering them at the bottom of the Big 12 but I felt the Huskers underperformed last year . . . The more run-based offense will help the 'D' and I list the Huskers' o-line and d-line each in the top four of the Big 12, which is a good thing to have your strength up front. I know Kansas fans won't appreciate this, as they are a top 10 team and waxed Nebraska 76-39 last year, but I'll call for the Huskers to be one of the surprise teams in the Big 12 this season."

I could almost see NU ahead of KU, but it will be because KU's conference schedule is more difficult. KU may very well beat us but still end up behind us in the North standings because of losses to OU, Texas, Mizzou, and maybe even TT.

Kansas' 2008 Schedule

Louisiania Tech- Win

at South Florida- Loss (maybe)

Sam Houston State- Win

at Iowa State- Win

Colorado- Win

at Oklahoma- Loss

Texas Tech- Win

Kansas State- Win

at Nebraska- Win

Texas- Loss

8-4 or 9-3

$.02

GO BO!!

Kansas' 2008 Schedule

Louisiania Tech- Win

at South Florida- Loss (maybe)

Sam Houston State- Win

at Iowa State- Win

Colorado- Win

at Oklahoma- Loss

Texas Tech- Win

Kansas State- Win

at Nebraska- Win

Texas- Loss

8-4 or 9-3

$.02

GO BO!!

I would concur, and think we could lose tx tech, could win USF and maybe pick off someone (UT in Lawrence?)

No:

pete right... no....

Kansas' 2008 Schedule

Louisiania Tech- Win

at South Florida-Loss

at Iowa State- Win

Colorado- Loss

at Oklahoma- Loss

Texas Tech- Loss

Kansas State- Win

at Nebraska- Loss

Texas- Loss

Prediction 5-7

Loss of Talib and the tackle Collins really hurts as well as some key recievers from last years squad. Plus they road an easy schedule last year to the BCS where they beat my beloved Hokies.

I think maybe you're a bit too negative on the Jayhawks. I think the South Florida game could go either way, but I don't think they lose at home to CU. I think the TT game could go either way with the win swaying towards KU as again it is a home game. Right now, I think you have to say they have the edge in the NU game as well even though it's being played in Lincoln. I think they will definitely lose to OU, Texas, and Mizzou. I think they easily could be a 3-5 loss team in 2008, but I would be astonished if they lost 7 games this year.

Just saw on Kansas City TV that a defensive lineman quit the team because of a bad back and a cornerback was kicked off the team for "violating team policy" (which is often code for 3rd offense positive drug test, though I have no knowledge that this is true in this case) So Jayhawks are down 4 underclassmen in addition to __?__ seniors no longer elligible

Two Kansas University football players have left the program, the school announced Tuesday.

Senior defensive lineman Todd Haselhorst said he left the program for "health reasons." Junior cornerback Anthony Webb was dismissed for violation of team policy, according to KU football spokesman Mike Strauss.

Haselhorst said: "I've always had stomach issues since I've been here. I've been throwing up every day during conditioning. It's that and I've been having back pain recently and I decided to hang it up."

Haselhorst said he plans to attend classes at KU during the fall semester to complete the 12 credits he needs to graduate. He said he will attend all home football games "to support the team."

"I've had a lot of fun in the program and they've given me some great memories," Haselhorst said. "It's a great bunch of guys and great coaches and there is no doubt in my mind they'll have success again this year if they do the right things, if they practice hard, work hard and do everything 100 percent all the time, like we did last year."

Here is the deal haters-CB Anthony Webb doesn't even play and was barried on the depth chart and Todd Haselhorst sucks. He wasn't listed as the starter according to the coaches because a Redshirt freshman (Richard Johnson Jr.) beat him out. No worries from Jayhawk nation. This is for the best.

I didn't even know that there were Jayhawk fans before last season! Wonder what they'll be like after they play Oklahoma, Texas, Texas Tech, South Florida, Nebraska, Missouri, and Colorado this year. Bet they'll all go back in to hibernation.

Kansas' 2008 Schedule

Louisiania Tech- Win

at South Florida-Loss

at Iowa State- Win

Colorado- Loss

at Oklahoma- Loss

Texas Tech- Loss

Kansas State- Win

at Nebraska- Loss

Texas- Loss

Prediction 5-7

I didn't even know that there were Jayhawk fans before last season! Wonder what they'll be like after they play Oklahoma, Texas, Texas Tech, South Florida, Nebraska, Missouri, and Colorado this year. Bet they'll all go back in to hibernation.

I been on this board for more than a year my brother. I have alos been syaing we are getting A LOT better, and some people on the board laughed, some dismissed and some grudgingly admitted KU was becoming competitive. Now that you all talk about us more, I have even more involvment, but I have always like the Husker Board. Oh, and I had said BC and SP were ruining your team and tradititons and were throwing the baby out with the bath water (I alos advocate an option and a system like old that does not require a huge list of 5 star kids to win with, cause you won't ever be the recruiting kings consistently)

No holes here, if and probably when we come down from our 12-1 perch, I will still be here. I think we are good now, so while we may not do what we did last year, we will be someone to contend with as long as Mangino can stay with us....

Kansas' 2008 Schedule

Louisiania Tech- Win

at South Florida-Loss

at Iowa State- Win

Colorado- Loss

at Oklahoma- Loss

Texas Tech- Loss

Kansas State- Win

at Nebraska- Loss

Texas- Loss

Prediction 5-7

I been on this board for more than a year my brother. I have also been syaing we are getting A LOT better, and some people on the board laughed, some dismissed and some grudgingly admitted KU was becoming competitive. Now that you all talk about us more, I have even more involvment, but I have always liked the Husker Board. Oh, and I had said BC and SP were ruining your team and tradititons and were throwing the baby out with the bath water (I also advocate an option and a system like old that does not require a huge list of 5 star kids to win with, cause you won't ever be the recruiting kings consistently)

No holes to crawl in here, if and probably when we come down from our 12-1 perch, I will still be here. I think we are good now in a more permanent way, so while we may not do what we did last year, we will be someone to contend with as long as Mangino can stay with us....

It's cool that you've been a Jayhawks fan even through all of the bad years. I still feel like KU fans will start dissapearing if they can't have another really good season. Do you honestly believe that Kansas will finish the season ranked in the top 10? Do you believe that they have a shot at making it to the Big XII championship game? If they are as good as they thought they were last year, then this is the year to prove it.

You can't honestly believe that your Jayhawks will come away with wins against all of these teams. Colorado, Kansas St, Missouri, Nebraska, Oklahoma, Oklahoma St, Texas, Texes Tech, and USF are all on the schedule. I doubt KU will even be in the top half of the North next year and as for the orginal question. Kansas will not snap their losing streak in Lincoln. People aren't giving the Huskers a shot, not because of talent, but because of what happened in Lawerence last year. They seemed to have forgotten that Kansas spanked the Huskers in Lawerence back in 2005, then lost in Lincoln in 2006. Kansas will NOT win in Lincoln! They do not have more talent than the Huskers.

It's cool that you've been a Jayhawks fan even through all of the bad years. I still feel like KU fans will start dissapearing if they can't have another really good season. Do you honestly believe that Kansas will finish the season ranked in the top 10? Do you believe that they have a shot at making it to the Big XII championship game? If they are as good as they thought they were last year, then this is the year to prove it.

You can't honestly believe that your Jayhawks will come away with wins against all of these teams. Colorado, Kansas St, Missouri, Nebraska, Oklahoma, Oklahoma St, Texas, Texes Tech, and USF are all on the schedule. I doubt KU will even be in the top half of the North next year and as for the orginal question. Kansas will not snap their losing streak in Lincoln. People aren't giving the Huskers a shot, not because of talent, but because of what happened in Lawerence last year. They seemed to have forgotten that Kansas spanked the Huskers in Lawerence back in 2005, then lost in Lincoln in 2006. Kansas will NOT win in Lincoln! They do not have more talent than the Huskers.

this fact is lost to both KU and MU fans. I personally think we drop both games, but to act like we dont have a fighting chance is asinine. the chances of either team getting out of Lincoln without a total dogfight is slim to none.

We do have a proven coach, no major system changes and the tide of the rivalry has been in our favor You guys eked out your last two wins in Lincoln, we have beaten you soundly the last two times in Lawrence. I am over the top on record on this board predicting a 9-3 or 8-4 season this year. Yes we could win the North, but Mizzou almost surely will. I could see CU winning too, maybe Nebraska, not Iowa State or K-State. Losing 2 All Americans hurts, but most of the rest of the team is back. I think in 2 years we will be really good, but this year I thin k 9-3/8-4 and a nice middle bowl. That is a pretty good year. If our Juco National Player of the year running back is good and our much deeper secondary is there for us, not to mention Reesing being healthy, we may do better. Reesing gets hurt, our RBs don't work out, key losses are not replaced at all, coul be worse. Nothing is certain, too many good teams on the schedule, but don't write us off. I would very much not count on a top 10 year, but I would not rule it out, they just have not proven they can string good years together. Before this year, they we very competitive and kept falling short. Now the talent we are getting keeps going up, so we will see...

this fact is lost to both KU and MU fans. I personally think we drop both games, but to act like we dont have a fighting chance is asinine. the chances of either team getting out of Lincoln without a total dogfight is slim to none.

Who said you have no chance? Maybe someone did, but not me. They play the game, so everyone has a chance. I think your chance, if put to me now with what we know now, is 20-25%. I say the chance the game is close is more like 80%. Lots will change, but I see no cakewalk, and if we don't keep you down early, we could very much regret it later on the road. But I am not the Lord, I gotta wait like everyone else to see how it shakes out... I can tell you, in 2005 I knew we would break that streak, all of the real fans thought we would, that was the one year your fans rolled down after decades of picking up tickets outside at face or below and all of a sudden they could not get a ticket. For you all, it may not seem that noticeable, but we are now a very competitive program. We built a huge new football center this offseason. We have a good coach. Our talent is much deeper. We can be competitive with everyone we play. For people watching all the games (and I do) for manhy years, there is a major change underway. Not saying we are the Huskers in the form of some sort of dynasty, but things have changed a lot for us. We are actually a good program. I'll take that....