WR Brady Brown

I liked Brady as a prospect, simply because he did one thing better than most of our WR's we currently have -- catching the ball. But I'm not for sure our coaches or even Kansas coaches felt the same. Vandy was a clear 3rd in this race for the last few weeks, so it makes me wonder if both coaching staffs backed off a bit.

In any case, you cannot go wrong with an education from Vandy while getting to play in the SEC. Not a sexy school, but you'll get TV time, even if you are getting blown out, plus you will get a GREAT education.

He'll learn quickly that going to Vanderbilt was the wrong choice and that their football isn't on the same scale as Nebraska's and he had a good chance of early playing time at Nebraska.

Bingo. I think he could have been an early situational receiver with opportunity to earn more playing time. Now he is going into oblivion. Bad choice IMO. Hopefully this means we are into some better guys at WR as I am quite surprised he went Vandy over NU and KU.

I read on a board elsewhere that the thought is that he did not pick Vandy over Nebraska, but rather that Nebraska had withdrawn their offer. The poster (a mod on that board, a reputable one at that) said that it seemed that coaches were thinking that he didn't have the speed to play WR at the Div. I level, and that they were only planning on taking one TE, namely Kerr.

That situation seems to make sense with the sudden change and all. Anyway, take it for what its worth.

Don't think we are getting the full story. Be quite the coincidence if both NU and KU backed off at the same time and all of a sudden.

On the other hand, Vandy is a very good school. If academics were the issue, then it would make sense. But this is a 180 from the way things looked for the last few weeks.

Don't know about the TE thing either. Kerr visited the same time as Brown. Sure seemed like the coaches were prepared to accept both at that point.

strange

Don't think we are getting the full story. Be quite the coincidence if both NU and KU backed off at the same time and all of a sudden.

On the other hand, Vandy is a very good school. If academics were the issue, then it would make sense. But this is a 180 from the way things looked for the last few weeks.

Don't know about the TE thing either. Kerr visited the same time as Brown. Sure seemed like the coaches were prepared to accept both at that point.

strange

Well Vandy does have the same number of WRs in the NFL currently as Nebraska (assuming there aren't more than Earl Bennett and Purify). If he cares about such things.