SIGNED: QB Cody Green

So I was listening to 1620 today and some guy from Scout/ESPN that was talking about some of our recruits today and I couldnt believe what was coming out of his mouth. He said that he is not sure about Cody Greens throwing ability and that he can see him more as a wing back or reciever type player at the college level. He also said that Rex will not play running back for us he will be a safety. If that is the case why in the hell wouldnt we have gone after a different back. I really think this guy Tom something doesn't knows as much as my 3 year old and all he does is run around and stiff arm his older sister and when she falls down he yells GO BIG RED in her face.

While I think that recruiting services tell a lot as to the type of athletes youre getting I think they are pretty worthless at projecting where a player is going to play. They don't know what every coach is looking for or their schemes for that matter. I also agree with Sivere when he talks about if Burkhead were black we wouldn't be having a conversation about whether or not he is going to play running back because he would be a five star running back. Look at Calhoun from last years class, he was a five star running back from texas last year that signed with OU. I would be willing to bet he didnt put up the same numbers burkhead did while burkhead played in the highest class. Also you can't argue that burkead isnt as fast or quick or as strong bc if I recall he runs about a 3.8 shuttle which is damn quick and a 4.4-4.5 forty with a mid 40's verticle. I think Green will be fine at QB with a couple years in the system. He has the tools, throwing and running. You dont throw for the amount of yards as a senior without having a pretty decent arm, no matter how many YAC his receivers got. IMO ideally Green redshirts, Lee earns the job for two years and Green starts as a redshirt sophmore, junior and senior.

While I think that recruiting services tell a lot as to the type of athletes youre getting I think they are pretty worthless at projecting where a player is going to play. They don't know what every coach is looking for or their schemes for that matter. I also agree with Sivere when he talks about if Burkhead were black we wouldn't be having a conversation about whether or not he is going to play running back because he would be a five star running back. Look at Calhoun from last years class, he was a five star running back from texas last year that signed with OU. I would be willing to bet he didnt put up the same numbers burkhead did while burkhead played in the highest class. Also you can't argue that burkead isnt as fast or quick or as strong bc if I recall he runs about a 3.8 shuttle which is damn quick and a 4.4-4.5 forty with a mid 40's verticle. I think Green will be fine at QB with a couple years in the system. He has the tools, throwing and running. You dont throw for the amount of yards as a senior without having a pretty decent arm, no matter how many YAC his receivers got. IMO ideally Green redshirts, Lee earns the job for two years and Green starts as a redshirt sophmore, junior and senior.

Calhoun is 6'1" 210-215 LBs, while Burkhead is 5'11" and 195 or so? Ryan Swope from Westlake is 6'1", 210 and finished 5th in class 5A 100 meters and he is WHITE! He is also being talked about as a WR and DB, but if he was BLACK this position question would not come up! Green is good and is under-rated and they hype the players up if they commit to certain schools. Shephard at 6'2" 185 is no where near VY, who was 6'4" 200, at least listed. VY was tossing for 450 yards vs Austin Westlake in 5A semis... There are many Shepards, Rollinson, the Arlington Bowie QB, Skyline QB, Rider QB and the Hightower QB are all good spread passing QBs that can run 4.6 or better and are in the 6'1" to 6'3" range and all weigh less than 200 pounds. Green is the big guy that is a difference maker, with size. He is capable of being further along than Pryor, because Texas 4-5A ball is advanced at a high level. Look at Reesing, Daniel and Harrell or McCoy and none of them has the skills of Green. Daniel and Harrell won titles in 5 and 4A and Green played for one, while Reesing played for a good program that just won back 2 backs 4As and Colt played for a lil ol 3A school. Green and Spano will be as good as them, your offense is JUST TO COMPLICATED!

Cortney Grixby holds the NU vertical jump record at 42", so I really doubt Rex is even over 40 on his vertical.

Cortney Grixby holds the NU vertical jump record at 42", so I really doubt Rex is even over 40 on his vertical.

FWIW, Rivals and Scout both report a 38 inch vertical. Not mid-40's or even over 40. Still, darn impressive though.

Shoot my bad, I could have sworn I saw that he had a mid 40s vertical but must have miss-read. But like what was said that is still pretty damn high. I really had two points, one was that there is a little bias when it comes to these recruiting sites. They are a pretty good measure to see what type of athletes teams are getting but like I said they have no idea what certain teams are looking for. My other point is that in that same segment on 1620 the guy started off saying that they werent as high on Sheldon Richardson than others are and they project him at tight end. Then he ended saying that if you ask any college coach they'll tell you there is a premium on really good d linemen and when you find a good one you have to take him. So it just didnt really make a lot of sense. A recruit could be the most talented player and put up the best stats against the best competition but if they dont go to camps in the summer or promote themsevles or commit to a big name school then there is a cap on how highly ranked theyre going to be.

This probably goes in the recruiting thread, but now that he has officially enrolled, doesn't he move from a recruit to a current player, which means he belongs in HUKSER FOOTBALL.

1620 the Zone today, with Damon Benning said that Green officially enrolled for Sprint classes. Is this true or rumor. The guys on the radio sounded as if it was legit. They were telling Husker fans that we didn't have to worry about a "Freeman/Gabbert" because Green was enrolled and will be part of spring ball.

Anyone with info. here.

It's official......just went back and listened to the acrchived stories and Bryan Munson (Big Red Report) said that he was officially enrolled and will take part in Spring practices. Man, will he get a jump on next year. Still think he may redshirt to improve his "passing game", but now, at least he will have 3 semesters under him when he becomes a redshirt freshman.....after 3 semesters of practice and training, this kid may possibly be ready to be a 4 yr starter....... I know that I'm jumping the gun, but he has the tools, just raw is all.......and by adding a semester of practice and coaching, it could be possible.