Apparently, NU needs CU rivalry

All this pleading by the Colorado media reminds me of the creepy girl in highschool who keeps stalking you and giving you stuffed animals and cards.

You feel you should be nice to her, but you don't want to lead her on..She might go all "Fatal Attraction" on you.

You cannot beg youself into a rivalry. This is something that is earned and manifested over years of competition that involves heatbreaking losses and Title clinching victories. The seeds may be planted for a rivalry to grow but begging it to happen wont make it so. We earned our rivalry with OU by competing with them and showing respect no matter the outcome of the game.

Our natural rival is OU and the Big 12 should reinstate our annual game with them, it was bullsh#t that it was taken away.

Wasn't Ohio State Michigan's punching bag for the longest time before Woody Hayes got there. Then he wouldn't recruit anyone from "that state up north" because they were from there. The man created the rivalry by insulting them and kicking their asses. He was also a paranoid lunatic, but that's neither here nor there.

Hawkins already insulted us. Now he has to kick our ass every once in awhile. And not in a year when we're losing big to Okie State and A&M and almost losing to Ball State.

If by 'rivalry' you mean CU is a team I daily pray to God to destroy as the heathen of Sodom, then yes, you have your rivalry. But if 'rivalry' means a generally good-willed generational matchup between two equally worthy opponents, I ROFL at you, sir. When it comes to the Big XII North I generally root for the teams from our conference to beat the south and their non-con opponents. When KSU shanks Texas two years running, I laugh at Mack Brown. When Mizzery routes Illinois, it's fun to watch. But when Colorado plays any team, and I don't care if it's the Miami Thug-U Hurricaines, I pray for CU's utter embarrassment. To me they're Baylor North, half-retarded adopted brother of NU, at best to be treated with a kind of mild neglect. If they went 0-12 every year it it would still not be satisfactory. Classless, classless fans. I'll never forget the game where an entire section of their stadium had to be removed for throwing things on the field.

Good luck with your Colorado State rivalry.

The problem with this rival wannabe is a lack of respect. Can you say Nebraska fans respected McCartney, probably. How about Neuheisel or Barnet, probably not unless you count one painful loss to them under Barnet.

The fans certainly haven't done anything to warrant respect. The two previous coaches certainly didn't.

No fan base is perfect but until CU finds even a handful of decent people to follow their team this rivalry they want will be a tough thing to push through. The K-state rivalry was pretty good for a time and even the Mizzou rivalry has potential. CU must figure out that Nebraska fans have their sights set much higher the CU.

All this pleading by the Colorado media reminds me of the creepy girl in highschool who keeps stalking you and giving you stuffed animals and cards.

You feel you should be nice to her, but you don't want to lead her on..She might go all "Fatal Attraction" on you.

:yeah

Maybe over time if kansas, mizzou, can hold there own for more than a season or two. otherwise I'll keep the ou nu every couple years!

Knudson- the journalist that wrote the story is a Husker fan. I've heard him mock CU for their National Championship with a tie more than once. He used to say, CU has the honor of having the worst record of any national champ ever. I think LSU just replaced them.

CU was enough of a rivalry game for Restore the Order T-shirts a few years back.

I live in Denver. Living here makes this game feel like a rivalry to me bc/ I hate trash talking, ignorant of history CU fan.

Every year at CSU-CU time the CO media starts talking rivalry and CU fan treats CSU like we treat CU. "You aren't our rival. Media can't create a rival! You have to accomplish something first!"

I've said it on this board before, after the Big 8 became the Big 12 the whole rivalry thing changed. Husker fans in the east hated KSU during Snyder years while western NE hated CU worse. I could be wrong but thats how I see it. Mizz, Kansas and Iowa seem so far from anywhere I've lived that its hard for me to feel to much about them one way or they other. Although getting basketball numbers hung on you during a football game certainly helps!

The problem with this rival wannabe is a lack of respect. Can you say Nebraska fans respected McCartney, probably.

Um no, I don't know of anyone who respects McCartney. The man is a sanctimonious joke. I will give him credit for one thing, since he was so big in "Promise Keepers" it allowed me a convienient out any time a curch member pressured me into attending any of their meetings.

as far as im concern k-state is nebraska's rival, might be wrong, just what i think

Why Kearney State?

Just because they're in Nebraska?

j/k

(I assume you meant Kansas State, but I still don't get it).

The Big-12 Rivalry thing with OU replacing us with Texass is kinda like having the girl you had a crush on since grade school(OU) going to Prom with the rich kid and his fancy car(TX).

Sure we can ask our cousin (KSU/CU/KU/MU) to be our date and use them to make OU jealous, but there's nothing wrong with going Stag.

I bet ISU puts out, though :koolaid2:

Ok, just reading this, I have a couple of issues...

A. He was a pitcher for Colorado St (what in the hell makes him think he has any room to talk about the NU/CU rivalry)

B. His reasoning for why we should be their "natural" rivals.

This guy is a tool, plain and simple...